How many BEVs have you seen in your area?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #161659 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Just back from a walk and noticed at least five BEVs, i think is a bit of a first. One was the ID4 and is the first time I’ve seen it in the flesh and very nice it was too, another was a Tesla and it was charging at a free charger, very cheeky i thought.

Every area will be different but its interesting to see more BEVs on the road and shows we are slowly moving in the right direction.

Please bypass this thread if you want to make negative comments, ive got out of the right side of the bed this morning and i would like to keep it that way lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #161660 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

In our village there are just a handful of home chargers mine being one of them, no EV to date just the neighbour 2 door up and myself with PHEV. In the next town I usually see at least 2 EV charging up at Tesco, that’s about it.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#161661 Reply
    Daf

See more and more every day. Mainly Tesla 3s but I’ve seen plenty of e-Niro’s as well and Konas. Tesla have just opened a new outlet in Cardiff so always see plenty down there.

#161662 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Neighbour across the road has just taken delivery of a 9 month old Tesla model S, two doors up has a BMW i3. About half a dozen doors down, a PHEV like ours.

But none of us can get the electricity people to fit Smart Meters.  I’ve been trying since May with nothing to show for it so far.

I hope that doesn’t come across as negative, Brydo – it’s just reality.

#161663 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

In my area I’ve seen 1 Kona and 2 Tesla’s. Plenty of Toyota Hybrids though.

#161665 Reply
    ajn

#161666 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Not negative at all wigwam I like it 👍

I’m going to get a test drive in the ID4 if I can really liked the look of it.

#161669 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

….and soon after I posted the above, Lowri Beck phoned to book an appointment to fit Smart Meters on 7th September!

Which means we can then dump our current energy supplier and sign up to the Octopus cheap night time deal

#161671 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Good news wigwam, do you have your PHEV just now, if not when do you get it you eco warrior you 🥊

#161672 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Got an XC40 T5 recharge 31st July, Brydo, for the comfort,  quiet running around town and anticipating a small saving in running costs.

If, some time in the future, after the environmental cost of manufacturing the thing has been paid off, there is a benefit to society at large, I will tell my grandchildren how I did my bit…

#161674 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

A family at the end of my street have a Leaf and a Zoe. EV’s used to be easy to spot when you had things like the original Leaf  as they really stood out but now they’re not always as obvious. I usually notice the little green strip on the number plate. I’d say I usually see at least one Tesla day when I’m out

#161678 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

See one or two Tesla 3s almost every time I drive to Worthing. See an increasing number of ID 3s, but suspect that most of ’em are test drivers from VW dealer. There’s a Kia Soul in the village and one Tesla. Haven’t restarted going into supermarkets yet so don’t know how many are recharging therein.

#161679 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Tesla’s are common as muck where we live! That’s not negative, by the way, just tongue in cheek 😉 In all seriousness we have noticed in recent months that even though we live in a semi rural area, we can’t go more than 10 minutes from our house before we have seen at least 3 of 4 of them. Given the price of Tesla’s and the fact that this is a fairly affluent part of the country with most households having 2 or 3 cars, I get the impression that they aren’t being bought for the low running costs either!

#161688 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Saw an e-Niro and a Leaf at the rapid chargers in Forfar at Orchard Bank this morning, I charged from 15-90% and the e-Niro was still there when I left.

Was then overtaken by a Leaf & a Nissan e-NV200 van on the way home, I was just cruising along at 60 on the A90.

Yesterday I saw two different MG5 taxi’s dropping off people at the Wife’s work (same company? not sure, different colours though). I passed a Leaf on the way home & I was behind a Kia Soul taxi at traffic lights in Arbroath.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#161694 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Now I wonder why there are so many in Scotland…

#161699 Reply
    Mike

@wigwam why is there so many in Scotland ?

#161700 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

@wigwam why is there so many in Scotland ?

Electric Vehicle Loan

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#161701 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I have seen none, however,  I have seen a Ssanyong Rexton.  A stunning car.

#161702 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’m going to bet that’s the same one you saw last time you saw one.

#161703 Reply
    ajn

I don’t really look tbh, and don’t know anyone who do..

It just seems here that there is an interest..

#161707 Reply
    Mark Holland

When we pick ours up next week we will be the first in our area in fact we rent from a housing association and they have 10500 properties and we are the first with them too so real Pioneers where we are.

is it ok to say I really don’t like Tesla’s I just don’t get it they are truly ugly but I guess it must be just me after all we are getting a traveller but to be fair wasn’t for it’s beauty

#161708 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

is it ok to say I really don’t like Tesla’s I just don’t get it they are truly ugly but I guess it must be just me after all we are getting a traveller but to be fair wasn’t for it’s beauty

Perfectly OK Mark and I agree with you! They remind me of Japanese hatchbacks of the 1990’s. No styling flair whatsoever. They seem to be the EV of choice though for those who can afford them. I don’t know much about EV’s but I believe that they have a very good range.

#161714 Reply
    Sue

I see a Tesla from time to time around here and the Amazon van (all electric apparently). Never see a car charging at our few charge points but that could be more to do with the fact that more often than not they are out of order and people have given up and gone elsewhere to charge as a first choice/the only people who have one in the area solely charge at home.

Re Tesla’s, I quite like them. Completely unsuitable for me and my needs but we thoroughly enjoyed a demo in one.

#161718 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Also had a delivery from Asda supermarket in an electric van. These are normally used simply inside the shop’s site to ferry stuff from warehouse to click-and-collect points. Don’t know why this one made it here. Driver a bit unhappy. Too slow to get out of junctions comfortably, he said.

#161719 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Typical where i live i never saw any till i got one, now there everywhere lol.

But seriously there are loads in my town ranging from Tesla ( as there is a dealer ) a few nero and kona and i`ve seen 3 NV200 vans as well oh! and a BMW i3

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Stuart.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#162211 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Saw a Honda E on the road for first time today. Whizzing along quite comfortably. Looked “right” on the road. Looks better in the metal than in snaps.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
Reply To: How many BEVs have you seen in your area?
Your information: