How long should you wait for a mechanical cancellation

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #384496
    Gary1969
    Participant

      I a have a be id4 for 2 years

      1st fault it was off the road for 2x weeks

      2nd fault it was off the road for 5 days

      and now it’s been off the road since 31st July and fast approaching 2 months and still not fix

      has anyone had to wait with out a replacement vehicle and what would you think should be a reasonable time before I push for a mechanic cancellation ?

    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
    • #384506
      kdwolf
      Participant

        1. If you don’t have a replacement vehicle for such a long period- email Motability’s CEO

        2. You should also be able to ask Motability to send RAC to check the car and produce a report. With this report you can request early termination on mechanical grounds.

        3. From requesting RAC inspection and up to agreeing on early termination it was a matter of days. In my case we didn’t agree on how much money they should pay me and I took them to the ombudsman,  but it can be your next steps,  once you get early termination approval.

         

        N.B. The above is my personal experience only and your situation can differ.

        Sent from a mobile device.
        Apologies for briefness and spelling mistakes.

        Motability Skoda Enyaq SportLine 85x April 2024 - September 2026 (won my case with Ombudsman)
        Motability Mazda CX-60 PHEV July 2023 (early termination on mechanical grounds)
        Motability VW Touran Family Pack May 2019

      Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.