How long have you been waiting?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173787 Reply
    Whitney

Hi everyone, I was wondering what your wait times are for your car orders. I ordered a Ford Kuga St Line X Auto Diesel on Sept 21 and haven’t received a build date yet. Was told by dealer it’d be March/April 22 which I’m hopeful it will not be any longer than that. Very hesitant to cancel the order due to current wait times and the fact that Ford has discontinued the Diesel engine (which was the only Kuga available for under 25s at Q4).

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174987 Reply
    MrBMW
    Participant

Hi All I’ve been waiting 5 months or 25 weeks or 176 days! For a MG HS auto but with no definite delivery date it will probably be 9 months or more! 

#175043 Reply
    Micky

ITS SAME FOR EVERYONE IT SEEMS I placed an order on April 2021 mercedes CLA shootingbreak 180 PREM plus + driver package patagonian red ,red black interior , all expensive, the dealer accepted order placed it 12 June 2021 ,CLA shootingbreak was on scheme then ,he said it had build slot but ???.

So order in June 2021 told sept Oct, ITS NOW JAN 22 it’s been 8 Months ,I have order number, realisticley lead ,wait time for a mercedes IS 10/12 MONTHS ,the factory keckscemet Hungary closed production 12/12/21 to 12/1/23,no parts chips etc, you can’t get any updates from anyone, I have tried, dealerships seem to be in same position, don’t know ***t.  My own eastimate is may to June 2022, after that I have got to cancel.

Some dealerships will tell you delivery 3/6 months, & it says this on mercedes sites ,rubbish.

I hope this car going to be worth wait,IF I EVER GET IT.

#175045 Reply
    Micky
    • ERROR that factory closure was DEC 12/2021 TO JAN 12/2022
    #175046 Reply
    Paul

Ordered Qashqai tekna + oct21.

Was told feb 22,dealer contacted me xmas and said march and today its now may22.

letting me know is good at least.Due to many not even hearing from dealers

#175047 Reply
    Micky

Yes I had respect for my dealer but,

He doesn’t always reply to emails or phone calls ,disappointing.

#175048 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Ordered Qashqai tekna + oct21. Was told feb 22,dealer contacted me xmas and said march and today its now may22. letting me know is good at least.Due to many not even hearing from dealers

had one of those on order in mid september but got no build date, then hurt my leg. cancelled it and went for a kona. i got lucky it appears, as i was told dec.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#175050 Reply
    Micky

Surely that commencement  date on agreement means nothing, mine says 6/10/21 & that’s 3 months ago &  I’ve not got the car yet & probably because NO ONE KNOWS will be another 5 months makeing 8 months ago ???????

#175054 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

To be fair to Motability these delays are not just for their customers.

If you go to a user forum of whatever car you have order you will see exactly the same comments were stating here.

I’ve a VW Tiguan on order from mid-October and at the time was told delivery should be May and up until a few weeks ago that was what private buyer on user forum were saying they have been told so I take from that the dealer is being honest with me.

Bad news is that same forum is saying those mid-October deliveries are slipping into June or July but at least I know its not Motability at fault and there’s nothing they can do about.

Should I see private buyers getting their cars earlier than myself I would get angry but for now, everyone is in the same boat.

#175068 Reply
    Micky

Mercedes CLA order. Had email from dealer he says my car is STILL PENDING ?? He told me previously that as order placed when car was on cheme it’s safe ???.

As I’ve said before I don’t think this car will be delivered by mercedes motability, it’s more than a mess

I will give it until end of may ,then sod mercedes I look elsewhere iether buy myself or if a descent car shows up on motability THAT CAN BE DELIVERED  I will switch ,he said motability comeing back April this year is undecided.

#175128 Reply
    Rohat

I ordered a 3 door Mini Cooper S Exclusive (Comfor Plus Pack) on early October 2021 and estimated delivery date is mid March 2022. Literally it is 5 months and I am planning to get my car in 6 weeks. Last week my dealer sent an email to me and said it could be first or second week of the oncoming March 2021. I will edit when I handed my car.

#175130 Reply
    X

Hi, I ordered a Corsa-e on Dec 28th 2021. I’ve had a look at my document which is on my mobility page and it says…

”Rental Instalments
    During the Minimum Hire Term there are 39 Rental Instalments of Total Allowance payable at four weekly intervals (each a “Rental Period”) commencing on 04/05/2022.”

The date above (04/05/2022), is this when I can expect the car?

Thanks

X

#175132 Reply
    struth
    Participant

looks like the date has been given by your dealer, so it should be, currently, but may well change.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#175133 Reply
    X

Cool thanks. He told me mid March. Only just saw this document. I guess it’ll realistically be May delivery time. Little liars 😤

X

#175183 Reply
    Chris

I’ve only been waiting a week and I’ve got till April maybe Beyond that 😂

#175185 Reply
    Micky

I ordered mercedes CLA June 21 ,no sign of it 8 months now ,little or no updates from dealership mercedes ,found out cars arriving  April may 22, will my car be there ??? .

Getting new car supposed to be exciting , it’s been depressing ,everyone waiting,  go my own way buy nearly new Jag ??? Maybe.

#175189 Reply
    aza

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Got some good news finally my car is now coming early february from bmw there has been so many cancellations it’s better then the end of june  as i we’ll need it now as my health is bad</p>

#175190 Reply
    Paul

Not knowing when car is due, does take the enjoyment from it somewhat.Most of us will just feel relief than excitement when it arrives.Instead of “yeh,yippee” is now ” about ###king time”

#175191 Reply
    Micky

I’m so fed up with it ,yes we are all in same boat but I’ve lost interest ,left order in.  if shows up may 22 ok. But if it doesn’t I ain’t wasting anymore bothering with it I will extend my Mondeo sport

#175195 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I’m so fed up with it ,yes we are all in same boat but I’ve lost interest ,left order in. if shows up may 22 ok. But if it doesn’t I ain’t wasting anymore bothering with it I will extend my Mondeo sport

Micky, I thing you have the patience of a Saint! I totally agree when the delays become ridiculous, so does the interest in the product. I have an estimated delivery date of March 1st, but I know in reality it will probably be April. Anything from May onwards will be frustrating, but what other realistic options do we have at the moment.

#175197 Reply
    Trevor Martin

Ordered a BMW X1 21 of April they have said I will get update in may

#175198 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ordered a BMW X1 21 of April they have said I will get update in may

It sounds very much as though your dealer didn’t have any available build allocation slots when you ordered Trevor and probably sat on your order for many months before they could actually place it with BMW. We ordered our X1 just one month before you and took delivery on 23rd July last year. Admittedly, our dealer nabbed a cancelled order slot for us, so we probably got it a couple of months earlier than otherwise, but the normal wait for an X1 ordered last spring was 5-6 months, not over a year!

It’s worth waiting for though. We are delighted with ours. I was a bit concerned having been used to 3, 5 and even 7 Series Beemers, but the facelift model has tackled the ‘budget BMW’ feel that had put us off when we had changed previously. The all new X1 isn’t due out until the end of the year, so sadly your prolonged wait won’t be rewarded with one of those, but I’m sure that, like us, you are incredibly relieved that you ordered one whilst we could!

#175203 Reply
    rico

if you have the order number for a bmw or mini, you can actually get a real update from bmw online services (the chat thing) there is even a way to track it fully but I wont go into that its quite long winded (including the boat, were the boat is etc).  If dealer cant give you the build number the order is not in (even if the build is scheduled for 6 months away the dealers should have a build number.

#175349 Reply
    Jase

Hi, I ordered an Audi A3 S Line back in September 2021. Was given a build date of early December but the system wasn’t updated. Trying to contact dealers and not much luck. Wondered if anyone took delivery from Audi in that timeframe?

#175523 Reply
    coralie

Hi i ordered mi id3 back in aug 2021 was told end of jan early feb for delivery gets email from vw to say my car will be built week 35 2022 this is nuts getting very fed up

#175526 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hi i ordered mi id3 back in aug 2021 was told end of jan early feb for delivery gets email from vw to say my car will be built week 35 2022 this is nuts getting very fed up

The build time was one thing which put me off the ID.3. I was quoted 6/7 months, however it looks like the wait will be over a year. As I have discovered, we need to add between 4-6 weeks to the build week to allow for shipping PDI and all the other stuff too. If I had ordered at the beginning of December 2021 it’s possible that I would have had to wait to 2023! It is getting crazy, like the 70,s and 80,s

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 115 total)
Reply To: How long have you been waiting?
Your information: