How long does it take to get a charger fitted?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

We don’t order until the end of the year but was wondering how quickly a charger is fitted after order.

I’m not sure about average delivery times at present but I’m sure the wait could be months. So will Motability install a charger months in advance of vehicle delivery?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DumfriesDik
      Participant

It was really quick getting the ball rolling.

I changed horses (charger) and it was a non-standard installation, but I believe it would have been weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if the timetable changes all the time though.

Mine was installed about a year before the car arrived!!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Brydo
        Participant

Do you get a choice of charger?

kezo
          Participant

E-P0d (untethered) or Pro (tethered)

Most electrical companies will prioritise there own work first over installing chargers for Ohme. When the electrical companies are short on work, they will fall back on contracting. It also depends on the size of the company/number of employee’s however, winter is usually when they are less busy.

MFillingham
            Participant

Pick a number, any number, then decided whether you think that number is weeks or days or months.

From what I’ve seen both here and on Facebook groups then it can be anything from a week to several months and that’s just for standard installs.  Where the installation is more complicated, then that can turn into a rather long time.

If you’re adamant that you want a charger before your delivery, then avoid the cars in stock, as the dealer will want them gone in days/weeks while the charger will take much longer.  However, it is possible to survive either with a granny charger for a limited time and charging much more frequently or charging in the wild, although that’ll prove more expensive.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

DumfriesDik
              Participant

Do you get a choice of charger?

You have to remember that I ordered over two years ago and things change. Although I didn’t have a choice, it was the BP unit, I was after waiting 3 months offered to change to Ohme which I did. I don’t think it was usual practice at the time, but I was grateful.

Do you want a particular unit?

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Brydo
                Participant

Any unit that is on Octopus Energy’s tariff scheme. Just now I have a granny charger and this stops me from getting on to the EV tariffs. So as long as it’s on octopuses list I will be happy.

Jojoe
                  Participant

Ours was installed 2/3 weeks after ordering the car. It will have been in place 5 months by the time Skoda deliver the car!

Brydo
                    Participant

@Jojoe i can really see us going for the Enyak. I think it’s a fantastic deal just now. Fingers crossed its still on the scheme Q4, it’s still a bargain and, most importantly, Mrs Brydo likes it🤞

Jojoe
                      Participant

@Brydo One of the reasons we went for it was the boot, it’s enormous, easily big enough for Mrs Joe’s scooter and the cases when we drive to Cornwall. Also, we’ve had automatic Skoda’s for the last 10 years and the controls are exactly the same.

Brydo
                        Participant

@Jojoe I’ve been on YouTube, where else lol, and the comments have been really good. Having a big boot is a real bonus as our xc40 has a boot just big enough for the wheelchair so having extra space will be a real bonus.

The range is excellent also, not that we travel very far but on the odd long journey it will give piece of mind to the wife who gets a bit anxious about charging away from home.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.