How long does Baileys keep when opened ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I’ve had 3 bottles of Baileys Irish cream for Xmas I love the taste how long does a large bottle keep once opened ? Do I keep it in the fridge or the kitchen cubard  ? Many thanks for your help

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

@Menorca Mike The official line is 2 years from the date of manufacture, hence the best before date on the bottle. This guarantee is only that it will taste the same as the day it was made, it does not state it will go off after that point. The official line is 2 years from the date of manufacture hence the best before date on the bottle & this guarantee is only that it will taste the same as the day it was made it does not state it will go off after that point. http://www.the-baileys-lounge.baileys.com/en-gb/Product-and-Company-Information.aspx
        Baileys is the only cream liqueur that guarantees its taste for 2 years from the day it was made, opened or unopened, stored in the fridge or not when stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature range of 0-25 degrees centigrade
        The reality for most cream liqueurs is if they are stored somewhere cool & dark they will very gradually start breaking down after about 4 years. Initially the only way you will be able to tell this is happening is if you to pour a glass & leave it for an hour or 2 then you will notice sugar crystals forming & small specks of fat from the cream floating on the surface. They will still look & taste fine. It will be several more years before they actually do break down to the point where you notice the fat starting to separate & making a thin film floating on the surface when you pour it. When this happens some people chuck them because they look unappealing but even then it still tastes ok & it recombines if you shake the bottle before serving.
        Baileys is the only cream liqueur that guarantees its taste for 2 years from the day it was made, opened or unopened, stored in the fridge or not when stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature range of 0-25 degrees centigrade
        The reality for most cream liqueurs is if they are stored somewhere cool & dark they will very gradually start breaking down after about 4 years. Initially the only way you will be able to tell this is happening is if you to pour a glass & leave it for an hour or 2 then you will notice sugar crystals forming & small specks of fat from the cream floating on the surface. They will still look & taste fine. It will be several more years before they actually do break down to the point where you notice the fat starting to separate & making a thin film floating on the surface when you pour it. When this happens some people chuck them because they look unappealing but even then it still tastes ok & it recombines if you shake the bottle before serving.

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Participant

Many thanks joss my neighbours have just told me keeps 6 weeks in fridge when opened

kezo
          Participant

We keep ours under stairs as with the rest of the spirits. we finished a bottle of bailys we had last Christmas for a pressent, yesterday. It tasted aboslutely fine, with no floaties or anything.

Personally I’m not a fan as I find it too sickly, mrs kezo likes it though but, nothing goes to waste here!

MLH
            Participant

My old man used to own a bar, and we kept baileys at room temp on the shelf with other liquors without any problems.

Can’t help with the timescale, as we prob went through a bottle a month.

Jojoe
              Participant

Defo a least a few weeks after opening, though when we open a bottle it’s usually gone in a day or two. 🥃

Marc
                Participant

I doesn’t last long in our house, try having it in coffee instead of milk very nice indeed.

Daughters motability car Vauxhall Grandland 1.5 diesel automatic Ultimate.
                  My car SEAT Ibiza SE Tec 1.2 petrol TSI 2017.

Participant

I had it on porridge this morning was beautiful

joss

Really? The thought of that made feel rather green 🤢🤢🤢🤮But, each to their own Mike.

Joss

Participant

Really? The thought of that made feel rather green 🤢🤢🤢🤮But, each to their own Mike.

milk with just a dash of baileys very nice

joss

Milk and a bit of salt with mine. The true Scottish way.

Joss

Gee
                          Blocked

My cousin has been accused of selling out of date Irish Cream Liqueur.

The trial is at the Old Bailey’s.

Participant

it lasts 2 years from bottling

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                              Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.