Honda zr-v

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Just ordered Honda ZR-V. Amazing spec. Plenty of space front and back. Very smooth to drive with excellent mpg.  The best bit is immediate delivery no lengthy wait. Can pick up next week. AP £1499

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 308 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Declan
      Participant

when you say faster speeds do you mean 65 to 70 mph on the motorway ? Many reviews say this and ride isn’t that good ?

55 to 65 on a dual carriageway.

To be fair, the ride was much what I was expecting after watching many youtube reviews. It seems to be set up for a more dynamic ride than I am used to from my Peugeot 3008. Consequently, it does handles better through the bends with a bit less body roll (it is a lower car too) and holds the road well. The suspension is therefore a bit firmer and I did noticeably feel bumps and dips more than in my 3008. It wasn’t uncomfortable at all, but I do prefer a softer ride. I test drove a Hyundai Kona a few months ago and that seemed even firmer to me, to the point that I discounted it within 2 minutes of driving it!

Having said all that, I am 65 years old so ride and cabin comfort is more important to me over dynamic and sharp handling. The ZR-V setup will be just fine for the majority of people.

JMC
        Participant

I am having 2nd thoughts as well…. been waiting for 5 months to get a home charger installed and due to my landlord dragging it out so motability let us reorder and hand back our Renault Megane… So we waited a month until Jan 1st prices came out and the ‘bells and whistles’ post about this car pointed us towards the Z-RV. So we test drove the car and ordered a blue advance to collect 23rd of this month! Perfect…. until we get an email today from ProEV stating that our home installation is provisionally booked for the 30th of this month!! Haha now what!?!?

kezo
          Participant

I am having 2nd thoughts as well…. been waiting for 5 months to get a home charger installed and due to my landlord dragging it out so motability let us reorder and hand back our Renault Megane… So we waited a month until Jan 1st prices came out and the ‘bells and whistles’ post about this car pointed us towards the Z-RV. So we test drove the car and ordered a blue advance to collect 23rd of this month! Perfect…. until we get an email today from ProEV stating that our home installation is provisionally booked for the 30th of this month!! Haha now what!?!?

Cancel and reorder another Megane ?

I’d wait untill your sure the charger install is definately going ahead, if you prefer to go electric!

Phaedra
            Participant

Picking up my Enyaq tomorrow, told them to make sure it has a full charge!.

Electrician (hopefully) uprating my fuse tomorrow afternoon then (again hopefully) ProEV coming to fit the charger next Tuesday.  Soon as it’s installed I’ll be spending another £135 for a 10m lead so I can charge the car!.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

JMC
              Participant

But @kezo…I still have the megane ?

kezo
                Participant

But @kezo…I still have the megane ?

Do you like it? If so hang onto it for another 19 days and hope they fit the charger and your landlord allows it to go ahead!

Or except the Honda but, if you have doubts look elsewhere.

ProEV stating that installation is provisionally booked for the 30th. Have you rang them to try and confirm whether they intend on fitting the charger on the 30th and what they mean by provisionally booked, because it is either booked fot the 30th or isn’t 🙂

JMC
                  Participant

Yeah I love the megane but the missus is going off it day by day. Its her award so she will decide. They sent an email saying its booked for the 30th and to reply… if we don’t reply within 24 hrs, the slot is taken away again.

kezo
                    Participant

Picking up my Enyaq tomorrow, told them to make sure it has a full charge!. Electrician (hopefully) uprating my fuse tomorrow afternoon then (again hopefully) ProEV coming to fit the charger next Tuesday. Soon as it’s installed I’ll be spending another £135 for a 10m lead so I can charge the car!.

fingers crossed for you mate!

Either way don’t cancel the charger install, let the installer decide whether he wants to fit it on 60A, which is highly possible TBH.

Lets see what tomorrow brings  first, just enjoy collecting your new car 🙂

kezo
                      Participant

Yeah I love the megane but the missus is going off it day by day. Its her award so she will decide. They sent an email saying its booked for the 30th and to reply… if we don’t reply within 24 hrs, the slot is taken away again.

You could book the install and cancel closer to if needed. It would give you both more thinking time without being pressured. Same goes with the Honda give yourselves a week or so  🙂

Shuffler3
                        Participant

It’s the black I was interested in but spoke with Motability today and they said all colours are available except white which involves a charge???

Participant

That’s correct white is £350

Waltersoprano1
                            Participant

Just back from a test drive.

drive feels very smooth and good mpg

unfortunately not a lot of room in the back and the doors don’t open very wide

although demo car had side steps so that was a factor.

Krnthmsn
                              Participant

I had ordered the Honda E:NY1 but Ohme point hasn’t been installed and car is in UK ready for delivery. I am not willing to take delivery and go to charge points away from house as suggested.

I have changed to ZR-V but was told the car colour choice was only black unless I wanted to pay for a different colour. I don’t understand if a car is on Motability why some people can choose their colour and others can’t. I would of loved the Blue!

Participant

The blue is free my dealer phoned motability the blue is the best colour for the sport and the advance in my opinion the only colour extra is the pearl white he told me

Shuffler3
                                  Participant

The blue is free my dealer phoned motability the blue is the best colour for the sport and the advance in my opinion the only colour extra is the pearl white he told me

I was told the same?

JMC
                                    Participant

I am picking my advance up in blue in 10 days time. Its free. I would call motability and tell them the situation. On Hondas own motabilty in house Web page it shows as free. Its only the white pearl that is not free and you just have to pay the difference between the free ones and the white.

Shuffler3
                                      Participant

Donnelly Honda , trying to rob customers ?

Krnthmsn
                                        Participant

As you have found, I also have been told I can only get Ruse Black unless I pay extra. I spoke to Motability and apparently the garage I am using is only offering Hondas Ruse Black as standard, White Pearl, Radiant Red, Still Night are £650, and Diamond Dust is £975. I could try and find a garage elsewhere in Scotland that offer other colours but I think I will just stick with black, knowing they will collect and drop off for services and mot.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Krnthmsn.
                                          Krnthmsn
                                          Participant

As you have found, I also have been told I can only get Ruse Black unless I pay extra. I spoke to Motability and apparently the garage I am using is only offering Hondas Ruse Black as standard, White Pearl, Radiant Red, Still Night are £650, and Diamond Dust is £975. I could try and find a garage elsewhere in Scotland that offer other colours but I think I will just stick with black, knowing they will collect and drop off for services and mot.

JMC
                                            Participant

That’s ridiculous. Surely it’s a 1 price fits all situation? I can’t understand that. Isn’t there any more Honda dealerships within say 50 miles? Don’t forget you can service the car at your local dealer whether you got it there or not!! 2 trips of 50ish miles may save you £650 or all least let you get the colour you prefer.

johnboy
                                              Participant

It might be worth asking them to recheck the paint prices.  I’ve just ordered the zrv and told the sales guy about all the different paint prices being banded around, he went through the system carefully and confirmed that only the two whites are cost, at £350.  I ordered in white as I liked the finish. Good luck

Participant

It might be worth asking them to recheck the paint prices. I’ve just ordered the zrv and told the sales guy about all the different paint prices being banded around, he went through the system carefully and confirmed that only the two whites are cost, at £350. I ordered in white as I liked the finish. Good luck

have you had the sport or advance ? Honda official video has the sport in blue and advance in white

blackj
                                                  Participant

As stated before my Honda dealer offered me any colour free of charge, I chose the blue.

johnboy
                                                    Participant

It might be worth asking them to recheck the paint prices. I’ve just ordered the zrv and told the sales guy about all the different paint prices being banded around, he went through the system carefully and confirmed that only the two whites are cost, at £350. I ordered in white as I liked the finish. Good luck

have you had the sport or advance ? Honda official video has the sport in blue and advance in white

I’ve ordered the Advance Mike.

kezo
                                                      Participant

I’ve signed in

Where are you currently with ordering your next car?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 308 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.