Honda zr-v

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Just ordered Honda ZR-V. Amazing spec. Plenty of space front and back. Very smooth to drive with excellent mpg.  The best bit is immediate delivery no lengthy wait. Can pick up next week. AP £1499

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 308 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

I wonder if this car has a petrol cap release lever on the floor or can you take cap off with car being unlocked to get to it ?

I would say its the same as newer Honda’s including the civic.

With the car unlocked, press fuel filler lid to open.

Participant

That’s the best way Kezo had that on my golf

Participant

Kezo how did test drive go this morning ?

Declan
            Participant

I’ve just seen a couple of youtube reviews that mentions that there isn’t lumbar support in the drivers seat. Hmmmm… I’m gonna have to have an extended drive in this on Thursday if possible to see if it would annoy my lower back issues.

Participant

How long is an extended test drive ? On your own ?

Declan
                Participant

How long is an extended test drive ? On your own ?

Not sure. I’m hoping for 45 minutes to an hour and alone (with wife) which is what I got in a Kia sportage a couple of months ago.

Declan
                  Participant

My problem living here in Northern Ireland is that there is only one Honda dealership. Been told that the only ZR-V paint colour that is free on Motability is the ruse black metallic and that any of the “optional” paint colours start from £650 up to £1000! Apparently Motability have pulled some of the support on some manufacturers’ “free paint” choices.

Given that you guys on here are getting other colours “free”, (except the Diamond dust pearl) I might give Motability a call tomorrow to clarify things. Surely all the UK dealerships would be standardised in this regard and that some couldn’t charge for other colours on their own.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Declan.
                    des
                    Participant

Declan there’s a honda dealer in Newry. It’s not part of the Donnelly group so they may say different if you try them.

Participant

I was told originally that the only colour free was black but when I got to my local dealer he had phoned motability and the blue and red is free the premium white was £350

kezo
                        Participant

An extended test drive is 24hrs on DLM insurance. (It used to be 48 with RSA) You need to arrange and book in advance with the dealer or its around 2-4hrs on their insurance dependending on what the dealer offers.

I picked up a new (45 miles) ZR-V Advance up at 9.45 and dropped it off at 2.30ish. Unfortuately I felt unwell today, so didn’t go far and came home twice.

The car itself drove very well, I thought both around town and M4. Acceleration was sharp especially pulling out of junctions and overtaking. Road/tyre noise wasn’t as bad as I expected at 70mph plus. The dual carriageway to the M4, has not long being resurfaced and tyre noise was kept to a minimum, overall better than the car I have now. Equally wind noise at national speed limit plus, wasn’t too bad and again better than my current car however, I would normally drive with the radio on, so any tyre/wind noise would be dulled anyway as in the car I currently have.

I averaged 47.7mpg during the time with the car, which would have been dented with my motorway speeds. Around town taking daughter school 44.8mpg. Do bare in mind I’m not a slow driver. I reckon my wife would easily average 50+mpg. I also reset the previous mpg as I always do when testing a car.

The interior, is very well put together, with plenty of softouch materials, even low down  compared to other manufacturers. We felt the seats were comfy enough to do a long journey, even with no lumbar support (my wife has a bad back) and the rear seats plentyful for our needs and the luxury of heated seats in the rear to.

The down side for us is the boot isn’t big enough, otherwise we would have ordered the Advance there and then for the price.

kezo
                          Participant

My problem living here in Northern Ireland is that there is only one Honda dealership. Been told that the only ZR-V paint colour that is free on Motability is the ruse black metallic and that any of the “optional” paint colours start from £650 up to £1000! Apparently Motability have pulled some of the support on some manufacturers’ “free paint” choices. Given that you guys on here are getting other colours “free”, (except the Diamond dust pearl) I might give Motability a call tomorrow to clarify things. Surely all the UK dealerships would be standardised in this regard and that some couldn’t charge for other colours on their own.

Its dealer specific on what colours they allow you to have, something I have found out many times before going around the dealers for the best offers.

Edit: The rest he told you is porky’s!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by kezo.
                            Participant

An extended test drive is 24hrs on DLM insurance. (It used to be 48 with RSA) You need to arrange and book in advance with the dealer or its around 2-4hrs on their insurance dependending on what the dealer offers. I picked up a new (45 miles) ZR-V Advance up at 9.45 and dropped it off at 2.30ish. Unfortuately I felt unwell today, so didn’t go far and came home twice. The car itself drove very well, I thought both around town and M4. Acceleration was sharp especially pulling out of junctions and overtaking. Road/tyre noise wasn’t as bad as I expected at 70mph plus. The dual carriageway to the M4, has not long being resurfaced and tyre noise was kept to a minimum, overall better than the car I have now. Equally wind noise at national speed limit plus, wasn’t too bad and again better than my current car however, I would normally drive with the radio on, so any tyre/wind noise would be dulled anyway as in the car I currently have. I averaged 47.7mpg during the time with the car, which would have been dented with my motorway speeds. Around town taking daughter school 44.8mpg. Do bare in mind I’m not a slow driver. I reckon my wife would easily average 50+mpg. I also reset the previous mpg as I always do when testing a car. The interior, is very well put together, with plenty of softouch materials, even low down compared to other manufacturers. We felt the seats were comfy enough to do a long journey, even with no lumbar support (my wife has a bad back) and the rear seats plentyful for our needs and the luxury of heated seats in the rear to. The down side for us is the boot isn’t big enough, otherwise we would have ordered the Advance there and then for the price.

what colour was your test drive car Kezo ?

kezo
                              Participant

what colour was your test drive car Kezo ?

Red! Nice colour but, I think the blue would have taken the edge over the red, this time round 🙂

Declan
                                Participant

Declan there’s a honda dealer in Newry. It’s not part of the Donnelly group so they may say different if you try them.

Cheers Des.

Yes, I phoned Newry but they said that they are stopping car sales at the end of next month and going to service only. They said that I could order from them now but there’s a much longer wait for delivery. There are no additional costs for any of the paint colours except the diamond dust pearl.

That’s why I’m confused about what I’m being told elsewhere.

JMC
                                  Participant

The colours we get are actually quite disappointing. I have watched a couple of the Australian/NZ video reviews and the colours are much better. Including a very nice dark sea blue colour. Oh well. We went for the night blue anyway. We test drove the white pearl one but preferred the blue anyway.

Declan
                                    Participant

Its dealer specific on what colours they allow you to have, something I have found out many times before going around the dealers for the best offers.

Really? That’s a bummer seeing as I don’t have any dealer choices here.

Thanks Kezo.

Shuffler3
                                      Participant

Can’t understand that . I’ve read on here  of people ordering blue and the white at no extra cost…… very strange!

kezo
                                        Participant

Really? That’s a bummer seeing as I don’t have any dealer choices here. Thanks Kezo.

Sorry!

I went look at the Austral a while back. One dealer said any colour including the Matte, another said select colours only. Same with the Mazda CX60, local dealer wanted to charge for non standard colours, a dealer 120 miles away said any colour…

I think alot depends on how much the dealer wants the order that month to meet their targets, to what you/we will get.

I’m under the imptession Motability pay for mettalic colours but not specifically speciall colours i.e the dust white pearl.

Why not go sit down with the dealer and say the other dealer will let you have any colour, also show them this thread and say look I will order the car if you include x colour as offered by the other dealer. How much longer did the other dealer say an order would take?

Alternatively you could play the game and order from the other dealer and show the paperwork with free colour to the dealer you want to order from. If they match it cancel at the other dealer.

Have a look here 🙂

https://www.motability.co.uk/get-support/faqs/which-colours-are-there/

Declan
                                          Participant

Really? That’s a bummer seeing as I don’t have any dealer choices here. Thanks Kezo.

Sorry! I went look at the Austral a while back. One dealer said any colour including the Matte, another said select colours only. Same with the Mazda CX60, local dealer wanted to charge for non standard colours, a dealer 120 miles away said any colour… I think alot depends on how much the dealer wants the order that month to meet their targets, to what you/we will get. I’m under the imptession Motability pay for mettalic colours but not specifically speciall colours i.e the dust white pearl. Why not go sit down with the dealer and say the other dealer will let you have any colour, also show them this thread and say look I will order the car if you include x colour as offered by the other dealer. How much longer did the other dealer say an order would take? Alternatively you could play the game and order from the other dealer and show the paperwork with free colour to the dealer you want to order from. If they match it cancel at the other dealer. Have a look here 🙂 https://www.motability.co.uk/get-support/faqs/which-colours-are-there/

Cheers Kezo. I’ll try that when I go to the dealer on Thursday.

Participant

The colours we get are actually quite disappointing. I have watched a couple of the Australian/NZ video reviews and the colours are much better. Including a very nice dark sea blue colour. Oh well. We went for the night blue anyway. We test drove the white pearl one but preferred the blue anyway.

I’ve saw every review on YouTube yes a bright yellow in Japan too ! I think on the sport the black looks good with the black wheels and honeycomb front grill

Declan
                                              Participant

UPDATE: Went for another test drive in the Advance. The dealer was standing firm on the paint colour (i.e. only the ruse black was free, all other colours were extra). Anyhow, following the test drive I was able to resolve a couple of the issues that I had on my brief test drive last week. However, a couple more appeared:

1. Able to push the car to faster speeds and the cabin noise became appreciably loud. Certainly a fair bit louder than my Peugeot 3008. I don’t like that.

2. My fault for not realising it before, but there were no blind spot monitors. I have become used to this safety feature, particularly on the motorways and it has saved me a couple of times from pulling out to overtake etc.

3. Again, I should have checked this out at the start but there is no lumbar support adjustment in the drivers seat. This is actually a deal breaker for me as I am 6’5″ tall with lifelong lower back issues.

It’s a fantastic car. I really like how brilliantly it drives, and the comprehensive kit list on the Advance model, but my specific needs are not fully met as it stands. I’m presuming that the cars being delivered now are 2023 models, so I am going to hold off for a few months and see if the 2024MY cars incorporate any changes to my personal issues.

kezo
                                                Participant

UPDATE: Went for another test drive in the Advance. The dealer was standing firm on the paint colour (i.e. only the ruse black was free, all other colours were extra). Anyhow, following the test drive I was able to resolve a couple of the issues that I had on my brief test drive last week. However, a couple more appeared: 1. Able to push the car to faster speeds and the cabin noise became appreciably loud. Certainly a fair bit louder than my Peugeot 3008. I don’t like that. 2. My fault for not realising it before, but there were no blind spot monitors. I have become used to this safety feature, particularly on the motorways and it has saved me a couple of times from pulling out to overtake etc. 3. Again, I should have checked this out at the start but there is no lumbar support adjustment in the drivers seat. This is actually a deal breaker for me as I am 6’5″ tall with lifelong lower back issues. It’s a fantastic car. I really like how brilliantly it drives, and the comprehensive kit list on the Advance model, but my specific needs are not fully met as it stands. I’m presuming that the cars being delivered now are 2023 models, so I am going to hold off for a few months and see if the 2024MY cars incorporate any changes to my personal issues.

Their reluctance to move on paint choice would put me off tbh!

Participant

UPDATE: Went for another test drive in the Advance. The dealer was standing firm on the paint colour (i.e. only the ruse black was free, all other colours were extra). Anyhow, following the test drive I was able to resolve a couple of the issues that I had on my brief test drive last week. However, a couple more appeared: 1. Able to push the car to faster speeds and the cabin noise became appreciably loud. Certainly a fair bit louder than my Peugeot 3008. I don’t like that. 2. My fault for not realising it before, but there were no blind spot monitors. I have become used to this safety feature, particularly on the motorways and it has saved me a couple of times from pulling out to overtake etc. 3. Again, I should have checked this out at the start but there is no lumbar support adjustment in the drivers seat. This is actually a deal breaker for me as I am 6’5″ tall with lifelong lower back issues. It’s a fantastic car. I really like how brilliantly it drives, and the comprehensive kit list on the Advance model, but my specific needs are not fully met as it stands. I’m presuming that the cars being delivered now are 2023 models, so I am going to hold off for a few months and see if the 2024MY cars incorporate any changes to my personal issues.

when you say faster speeds do you mean 65 to 70 mph on the motorway ? Many reviews say this and ride isn’t that good ?

Participant

My dealer fetched me a hot chocolate and a hob nob biscuit looked on his screen and said I could have a blue advance model delivered in 3 weeks with blind spot detection I’m only saying what he told me . I’m still thinking it over as by normal date to pick up is 16 th March

Declan
                                                      Participant

Their reluctance to move on paint choice would put me off tbh!

Yeah, I was really at that point TBH.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 308 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.