Honda zr-v

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Just ordered Honda ZR-V. Amazing spec. Plenty of space front and back. Very smooth to drive with excellent mpg.  The best bit is immediate delivery no lengthy wait. Can pick up next week. AP £1499

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 308 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      blackj
      Participant

Once you are aware it doesn’t decelerate like a normal combustion engine it’s fine.

Participant

Surely that can’t be helping with economy what mpg are you getting now ?

blackj
          Participant

MPG is still good still getting in forties.

blackj
            Participant

Oh dear, my remote locking is playing up car won’t lock. Its when I use the boot. I close the electric boot and close with button on boot lid As I walk away and press fob car doesn’t lock. I hear three beeps. I check all doors and boot. All locked try again and again, same thing. The first time it happened I went really close to back window hey presto it worked. So it happened again today. It just wouldn’t lock. Walked back and held fob 1 inch from back window and it locked no problem. Suspect something to do with electric boot.  I double checked both times nothing caught in boot. Calling dealer tomorrow. I noticed on forums CRV has had issues with this. I wise man once told me always wait a year till you buy a new model. Gives them time to sort issues out.

Participant

faulty fob or low battery?

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

blackj
                Participant

Just worked out why I couldn’t lock the car with fob. My wife leaves her handbag hidden in car when we go a walk, and guess what the spare key is in her bag without telling me she has it doh!

des
                  Participant

Just worked out why I couldn’t lock the car with fob. My wife leaves her handbag hidden in car when we go a walk, and guess what the spare key is in her bag without telling me she has it doh!

Sorry, but that made me laugh 😂.

Participant

must have been reopening or something. being at boot might have been just far enough away

Participant

That’s good that you haven’t to go back to dealer

blackj
                        Participant

I’m getting grief from my wife. I did not notice when I viewed and test drive the zr that there was no roof grab handles. She has difficulty getting out of the car and the grab handles were a great help. She keeps reaching for them and there not there. She says she would never had let me lease this car if she had known they did not have any.

Participant

I’m still in shock what you said about the car not slowing down when you take your foot off the accelerator and you have to brake to slow down ! I’d never read this in any reviews online or videos I’ve watched on YouTube !

Participant

I’m getting grief from my wife. I did not notice when I viewed and test drive the zr that there was no roof grab handles. She has difficulty getting out of the car and the grab handles were a great help. She keeps reaching for them and there not there. She says she would never had let me lease this car if she had known they did not have any.

you get grabs that fit into the door opening that can lever you up then just pull out of the hole in door frame. they are handy and cheap from amazon

blackj
                              Participant

The car does slow down but not as quickly as other cars I have had over the years. I am assuming that it something to do with the electric motors that drive the wheels and the engine.

Participant

Does increasing the brake regen not have any effect on it slowing down?

Car History:
                                  Ford Fiesta
                                  Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                                  Mazda 3
                                  BMW 2 Series Coupe
                                  Mercedes A Class
                                  Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
                                  Renault Austral (On order)

Participant

Yes that’s what I was thinking ?

Participant

How are you getting on with your ZRV ?

blackj
                                      Participant

I am very happy with zr-v. Fuel economy is excellent, getting 43 minimum with different types of runs. Only gripe is the grap handles and mobile phone. Honda system where you can only have main number working while driving. You have to keep changing when me or my wife are driving. VW system is miles better.

Msrk1
                                        Participant

I have a zrv sport model.  Picked up on 1st march 24.

Would strongly caution anyone considering this to make sure you have a long test drive in the actual model.

The sport model seats are rock hard and painful for me after any more than 30 minutes journey.  And definitely nothing like the seats on the more expensive model the dealers had available for test drives.

Have had to buy a cushion – which is not ideal in a new ‘premium’ model.

Dealer have investigated, reporting that the seat is not faulty and as designed.

Bar the seat issue the car is very good, coming from a BMW X2 xdrive20i, the honda ride is similar, handling and performance is 80% as good.

Fuel efficiency of the honda is twice as good. Easy to get 50 mpg +- 4 on the journeys I do with some care.

Car history:
                                          BMW X2 xdrive20i 2020
                                          Mini clubman cooper s
                                          Austin Allegro

Participant

I have a zrv sport model. Picked up on 1st march 24. Would strongly caution anyone considering this to make sure you have a long test drive in the actual model. The sport model seats are rock hard and painful for me after any more than 30 minutes journey. And definitely nothing like the seats on the more expensive model the dealers had available for test drives. Have had to buy a cushion – which is not ideal in a new ‘premium’ model. Dealer have investigated, reporting that the seat is not faulty and as designed. Bar the seat issue the car is very good, coming from a BMW X2 xdrive20i, the honda ride is similar, handling and performance is 80% as good. Fuel efficiency of the honda is twice as good. Easy to get 50 mpg +- 4 on the journeys I do with some care.

Do you keep it in eco mode for that mpg of 50+ ? Do you know what mpg it does on the motorway at 65 mph ? I thought the seats in the sport and advance top model were the same ?

Msrk1
                                            Participant

Keep on eco mode, gentle acceleration and using the regen paddles to vary declaration I can avoid a lot of actual braking.

Best ever was 13 miles trip which registered over 70 mpg on the trip computer.  Had a full hybrid battery and warm engine at start, so likely a one off.

The seats may have the same frames? but the higher spec model with leather definitely has more compliant materials.  Had a one hour test drive and would recommend the leather seat model.

This is the first car in 35 years driving that has less comfortable seats than a public bus.  And my car history includes some infamous 1970s British Leyland  monstrosities!

Car history:
                                              BMW X2 xdrive20i 2020
                                              Mini clubman cooper s
                                              Austin Allegro

Participant

I’d be interested to know what miles you getting out of a full tank of fuel ? So you have to use the regen braking paddles to get good mpg ?

ksb3
                                                Participant

agree with the seat problem . I took it out for two test drives . loved the car and lots of tech great AP. Just as you say after 30mins hips back start to pain. for me is was the winks on the seat . My bum on the wide side 6 2″ .  found the Kuga good fit and a nice drive . reduced AP makes it goodish . no rush see what comes out on Mon .

Participant

Yes, the firm seat with no lumbar support either was what stopped me ordering. Mind you, the constant bonging of the EU mandated ISA would have driven me insane so a no from me. Dealer said there was no way of turning it off either unlike other vehicles, I don’t know if he was 100% correct or not but I couldn’t find a way either. 🤔

Msrk1
                                                    Participant

Have only done 500 miles to date and not done a full tank to empty but will report back in about a month or so.

The instruments show the battery regenerating a bit when using the braking foot pedal.

But *seems* to regen more (moving the gauge further into the green zone) when using the regen alone.  You control how severe the regen braking effect is via the paddles and at maximum the effect is strong.

Car history:
                                                      BMW X2 xdrive20i 2020
                                                      Mini clubman cooper s
                                                      Austin Allegro

Msrk1
                                                      Participant

Re: the ‘bong’s when you exceed speed limit and when it detects the speed limit changing are irritating at first.  And not found a way of switching them off.  After 500 miles have got used to them and can blank them out.

Car history:
                                                        BMW X2 xdrive20i 2020
                                                        Mini clubman cooper s
                                                        Austin Allegro

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 308 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.