Honda zr-v

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Just ordered Honda ZR-V. Amazing spec. Plenty of space front and back. Very smooth to drive with excellent mpg.  The best bit is immediate delivery no lengthy wait. Can pick up next week. AP £1499

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 308 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      blackj
      Participant

No mats. £20 Amazon.

Participant

How are the ZRV owners getting on with their cars ? I’m told June now if order and will have the blind spot detection

blackj
          Participant

My brother has just ordered one getting it in 3 weeks. I think the blue has gone but the other colours available.

JMC
            Participant

How are the ZRV owners getting on with their cars ? I’m told June now if order and will have the blind spot detection

very very well. I am only getting 39mpg but I am not bothering with the regen as, even at it’s strongest setting,  it’s so weak and takes an age to even slow by 30mph. The mirrors are massive and there isn’t actually any blind spots so my lack of BSM hasn’t bothered me at all. It’s a very smooth drive but will also fly down a country lane with ease. I find the seats very very comfortable on every drive and the Bose system has proper bass and a nice crisp sound. Foot gesture on the boot hasn’t let me down once and the car feels massive with the sunroof. Road sign recognition is a pain as the speed flashes in the HUD and on the digital drivers display but I turn it off every trip. There are 6 hot keys on the bottom of the infotainment which can be programmed to anything which helps with ease of use. The steering wheel gets very warm very quickly but the front and back seat heating is a bit tepid as the leather is quite thick. Still loving it!!

MickC
              Participant

@JMC

What sort of journeys are you doing mileage wise to return 39mpg ? are they really short trips like under 5 miles ?

blackj
                Participant

I find the foot gestures very temperamental hardly ever works.

Participant

@JMC What sort of journeys are you doing mileage wise to return 39mpg ? are they really short trips like under 5 miles ?

I think he has it in sports mode ? I’d keep it in eco car gurus tested it on YouTube got 55 mpg in the real world that was a white advance model

Declan
                    Participant

How are people finding the cabin noise? Youtube reviewers said that road and wind noise was very intrusive, which was certainly the case on my test drive

Participant

How are people finding the cabin noise? Youtube reviewers said that road and wind noise was very intrusive, which was certainly the case on my test drive

what speed does the noise become vocal ? Is it above 55 mph ? Is it tyre noise ?

JMC
                        Participant

I find the foot gestures very temperamental hardly ever works.

it’s never failed me. Not once.

blackj
                          Participant

I’ve just had a 100mile trip. Road noise is quite excessive. Tried turning the radio up to drown it out. Hope I am not going to regret ordering this car. To me its tyre noise I am hearing. Wonder if different tyres would help

Participant

I’ve just had a 100mile trip. Road noise is quite excessive. Tried turning the radio up to drown it out. Hope I am not going to regret ordering this car. To me its tyre noise I am hearing. Wonder if different tyres would help

what speed does the noise come in ?

blackj
                              Participant

Noise starts anything above 40mph

blackj
                                Participant

Can anybody answer. The Honda ZR can load multiple mobiles but you have to select priority. Me as the driver has this set, but when my wife gets a call in the passenger seat it does not get picked up by the car. All my previous cars it picked up whoever was called. Its a bit inconvenient having to change users depending who is driving. Can you set it like my other cars?

MickC
                                  Participant

What make of tyre’s are Honda using,are they Bridgestone ? what size ?

Has anyone with deep pockets gone for 19 or 20 inch wheel option.

This night drive does have a little hum does sound like tyre noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpzXcmoMOdg

blackj
                                    Participant

Dunlop 18in on mine

Participant

Noise starts anything above 40mph

really ? Surely only on the motorway ?

blackj
                                        Participant

Unfortunately not. It is slightly quieter at 70. Its between 40 and 60 that it’s noisy.

Participant

Unfortunately not. It is slightly quieter at 70. Its between 40 and 60 that it’s noisy.

oh I see what mpg are you getting in eco mode ? Do you have the sport or the advance ? Many thanks

blackj
                                            Participant

Always in eco. mpg the name of the game. Engine not fully run in 43mpg mixed roads

blackj
                                              Participant

Have other owners noticed when you are doing 70mph on dual carriageway and approaching a roundabout you take your foot off the the gas the car doesn’t reduce speed. I have had to apply brakes quite sharpish. Must be the type of engine, you get used to it but beware when you first get the car. The deceleration is practically nil.

thedon
                                                Participant

Have you got cruise control on?

Participant

It usually won’t see roundabouts or sharp bends etc. it’s often stated to be for motorway only

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                                    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

blackj
                                                    Participant

Cruise was on but I had applied brake to deactivate well in advance of roundabout

Participant

My goodness that’s alarming I’d be scared and crash

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 308 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.