Honda zr-v

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Just ordered Honda ZR-V. Amazing spec. Plenty of space front and back. Very smooth to drive with excellent mpg.  The best bit is immediate delivery no lengthy wait. Can pick up next week. AP £1499

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 308 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

have you gone for the lovely blue ? Amazing spec I had test drive yesterday 

Participant

Will you get the £750 off ?

blackj
          Participant

Yes, Have gone for the blue. Got my £750 off. Also I was offered any colour free of charge including the pearl white. I went to small Honda dealer and they could not have been more welcoming. They had 3 different colours of the model. Did not like the black looked a bit dull.

Participant

Yes, Have gone for the blue. Got my £750 off. Also I was offered any colour free of charge including the pearl white. I went to small Honda dealer and they could not have been more welcoming. They had 3 different colours of the model. Did not like the black looked a bit dull.

mines a small dealer too very welcoming did you have a test drive ?

Oscarmax
              Participant

The Brindley group in the West Midlands emailed with up to £1250 of selected vehicle, the Honda franchise is part of their group.

Participant

The Brindley group in the West Midlands emailed with up to £1250 of selected vehicle, the Honda franchise is part of their group.

just been on their Honda Cannock website says just £750 off which we get

Geriboo
                  Participant

Just answered my own query.  Oops

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Geriboo. Reason: Found my own answer
                    Phaedra
                    Participant

I have the Ateca Xcellence Lux, only negatives about it are the awful 19″ Bridgestone tyres, noisy useless windscreen wiper blades (same on Skoda) and not great fuel economy (1.5 manual).

The Honda looks pretty good, I previously had a diesel CR-V which I extended to 5yrs, only Motability car I’ve ever done that with.  If I wasn’t going full BEV (Skoda Enyaq) then the ZRV or the Renaut Austral would be on top of my shortlist.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Geriboo
                      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Austral is too pricey for me tbh. I’ve always had Bosch wipers on my current ateca.  I got a chip out of the windscreen on day 2, RAC replaced wipers for free.</p>

Participant

Renault austral techno now £750 with the £750 off but I’ve saw reviews not too good gearbox slow to react etc

Declan
                          Participant

I was passing a Honda dealership yesterday and popped in to have a look at the ZR-V. I had a look around the sport version in the showroom and was really impressed with the fit, finish and styling of the interior in particular. The exterior styling is not that that exciting IMO though, but it’s not a total deal breaker. My car now is a 1.5 diesel Peugeot 3008 and I immediately noticed that the ZR-V seating position is lower and the cabin and boot in general are smaller. However, I think I could adjust to those things.

I managed to get a brief 20 minute test drive in the top spec version and was blown away with the amount of kit it has. The only thing I can see that’s missing is ventilated seats! Gosh, even the rear seats are heated! It felt solid with quality materials and the way it drives is fantastic. Now, I only did town driving within 40mph zones, but I did manage to give it a blast on one 60mph road. The pick up was instant and it’s plenty quick enough. I think the reported 0-60 time is around 7.5 seconds. My driving position was very good, although being 6′ 5″ tall I had a couple of issues from my seat setting.

1: The top spec has a pano roof and it does eat into the headroom, so I only had about an inch clearance. That is more affected in the rear seats where it’s very tight for anyone over 6ft.

2: Because of my chosen and preferred seat height, the console armrest wasn’t quite as high as I would like and so it wasn’t comfortable and natural for me to use.

3: Again, because of my height/seat position, the top icon of the HUD wasn’t visible, until I crouched down a little ( an inch or so).

Obviously the easy fix for all of that is to lower my seat a bit, but with a dodgy back and being used to a higher driving position I will need to fully investigate that position/situation on a more extensive test drive next week. Additionally, I have heard many reviews saying that there is a lot of wind and tyre noise at higher speeds, which I couldn’t test yesterday, so will do a quick motorway run too next week.

All in all, I was really impressed with the ZR-V and the higher powered petrol engine and strong hybrid assistance is really appealing after only really seeing 1.2 three cylinder engines in other competitors (Peugeot, Renault etc). I am 95% there with this car and hopefully I can resolve my couple of seating issues next week and consider placing an order …. in that fantastic blue colour (Still Night Pearl).

JMC
                            Participant

The HUD can be moved up and down as well as rotated. I adjusted it on my test drive and found it excellent. Very clear with road sign and directions. The speed sign flashes though at 1mph above the limit as well so no excuse for speeding lol

kezo
                              Participant

Renault austral techno now £750 with the £750 off but I’ve saw reviews not too good gearbox slow to react etc

Mike, like the Austral the ZR-V sits in the same mid size class as the Sportage, Qasqai and Rav4 etc. It sits closer to the Qashqai, in that the engine acts primily as a generator. In the real world, with one person driving, you should expect to get near if not better than the quoted mpg figurers.

The issue with driving a demonstrator, is you are getting economy based on  how the last person or saleman droove it. When someone owns the car, the ecu learns how that person drives and economy will be based on that person drives. However you can’t expect a mid size crossover/SUV to achieve the same economy as a compact crossover/SUV!

From what Ive read, you should easily acheive 45mpg without trying, even matching the quoted figures easily. Unlike the Austral that has an unrealistic unachievable WLTP. Eually the Austral may look nice inside but has far more hard plastics high up than in the Honda and I’m not going to mention the pokey 1.2l or the gearbox lol.

Declan
                                Participant

The HUD can be moved up and down as well as rotated. I adjusted it on my test drive and found it excellent. Very clear with road sign and directions. The speed sign flashes though at 1mph above the limit as well so no excuse for speeding lol

Thank you. Actually, the salesman did say during the test drive that the HUD can be moved, but when we arrived back he couldn’t find the button that did that. Great to know it can though. Cheers.

JMC
                                  Participant

Well we have ordered the advance in the blue. We took the whole family and the 3 kids managed to get in the back without issues even though the centre seat is quite small. They get the car on the 16th of this month and say we can collect on the 23rd. Its going to cost us around £620 after the rebate from our meganes £995AP. Actually saw a advance in the blue today and I really liked it. Even the fish mouth front radiator isn’t as prominent in the blue. The kids are very excited having the sunroof above them. Yeomans Honda Bognor Road Chichester. Very very good dealer so far!!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by JMC.
                                    Participant

I think the blue will be the most popular colour it looks lovely what a spec for £499 the sunroof alone would be worth £1000 heated steering wheel 12 speaker Bose the list goes on and on it’s got to be motability most popular car at the moment !

kezo
                                      Participant

Good to hear it went well @JMC

JMC
                                        Participant

6in Crystal clear HUD, walk away closure of the boot,  heated back seats as well as more USBs and extra ambient lighting… just missing ventilated seats as someone else said. The bose system is amazing as well as the sunroof. But our car will definitely NOT have blind spot monitors. The cars that are missing this have an asterisk next to the model on the Honda order page and ours does. Shame but not a deal breaker!! And thanks @kezo. Its lovely

des
                                          Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

I think the blue will be the most popular colour it looks lovely what a spec for £499 the sunroof alone would be worth £1000 heated steering wheel 12 speaker Bose the list goes on and on it’s got to be motability most popular car at the moment !

</p>
                                            Mike I’m only on the scheme 10 years. But in that time I’ll put it the and in no particular order the xc40, bmw 2 series gran coupe, Tiguan rline and elegance? Kona EV, BMW 4? Series, ioniq 6 maybe 5 but I don’t think it gathered as much interest as the rest.

Participant

Kezo what time is your test drive tomorrow ? Have you got it for an hour on your own like I was promised ? He got in and put his seat belt on we were out 20 mins pulled in lay-by and back again not what I was expecting

JMC
                                              Participant

Any of these as low AP as this? None are even close. And the BMWs need £5k worth of extras to get closer to this!! I think you misunderstood.

kezo
                                                Participant

Kezo what time is your test drive tomorrow ? Have you got it for an hour on your own like I was promised ? He got in and put his seat belt on we were out 20 mins pulled in lay-by and back again not what I was expecting

Booked for 9.45am. I did ask for an extended test drive however, I did say if you plan to come along, to be prepaired for the ride of your life! I know the service manager so hoping to have it on my own.

Participant

Any of these as low AP as this? None are even close. And the BMWs need £5k worth of extras to get closer to this!! I think you misunderstood.

I agree

Participant

Booked for 9.45am. I did ask for an extended test drive however, I did say if you plan to come along, to be prepaired for the ride of your life! I know the service manager so hoping to have it on my own.

that’s good news please put your opinion of it on here as I greatly value your advice many thanks

Participant

I wonder if this car has a petrol cap release lever on the floor or can you take cap off with car being unlocked to get to it ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 308 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.