Honda e

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121246 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Another compliance ev. Low range city car with lots of tech.

But it’s cute!

#121247 Reply
    File28

Not a lot of car for a lot of AP

130 ish range

Minimal storage for some who needs to carry anything with them

Might just be me but not a fan of small bevs

Might suit others as we all have different needs

#121248 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Not a lot of car for a lot of AP 130 ish range Minimal storage for some who needs to carry anything with them Might just be me but not a fan of small bevs Might suit others as we all have different needs

Look at the positives though, the charge port is in the right place, at the front, high up.

The wing mirrors won’t get knocked off in the City.

You can cook your lunch in it.

It’s very nerdy.

OK, it has some downsides…

Small

Low range

Doesn’t like being repeatedly charged on the same day

#121249 Reply
    Tharg

Good to see Motability expanding EV choice. That said, a range of just 125 miles is not terribly desirable. Also, shame it does not have a two-door version – much simpler for entry/exit in the disabled world – the cute design just begs for it!

#121251 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Nice spot! This is going to be a very popular car, I know the range doesn’t seem like much but for inner city / town driving it’s great, I remember Matt Watson from carwow saying it’s one he will be getting. The more the choice the better and hopefully we see more soon

#121252 Reply
    Chefthe1

Still no medium size electric car for under 25s to drive. This really needs to be looked at

#121253 Reply
    File28

Guess I’m just old school

I’ll grab my pipe and slippers and melt into the background 

#121254 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

not very big, huge ap. low range.

its a no for me.

#121257 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

Good spot. I think this is a great looking little car. I could probably manage that range although I’d have to charge it more than once a week which isn’t what I’d like. Compared with other EV’s on the scheme I don’t think it looks particularly good value.
    However, I am pleased that’s it’s another new option and might be great for some people

#121277 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The turning circle does it for me.

#121352 Reply
    JS
    #121356 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Should think they will be a very rare sight on the roads.

#121359 Reply
    Tharg

Good video review. One thing strikes, though, too many touch-screen bleepy flashy things. Have one in own car (Mini hatch) and turned it off. Found it too distracting – have to look at it seriously to find the right bit to touch. With a physical switch, once your hand learns where to find said switch, you do not need to take eyes off road. Would find that complicated array mind-numbing. With almost identical range and a quicker motor, the Mini electric would be my choice – it actually has some real proper switches.

Nice printed brochure, Honda. Does the cute doxy come as standard or is she an extra?

#121360 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

From the front it reminds me of a small Austin Maxi.

Disgusting AP.

#121366 Reply
    rox
    Participant

https://youtu.be/5lrndiaDEGk

I got interrupted watching this the otherday.

My first ever car was a honda accord hatchback and i just got a civic. The hondae is being targeted as a purely city car as i think the range is not much at all and that is the idea. Pretty much like the old civic and it’s conception.

#121368 Reply
    Carl

Lovely looking super mini, but real range figures are awful.

At motor way speed the real range of this honda drops to 75 miles…. which is awful in my opinion.   Pottering around town it’s real range is around 116 which I guess is ok if you never go anywhere else.

#121371 Reply
    Moreton5

<p style=”text-align: left;”>3k upfront??????? Not a chance</p>

#121389 Reply
    Peter

Another triumph of form over function.

I’m sure I read one review that reckoned they got 110 miles range.  In winter time that’s probably 80 ish.  Fine around town but not very realistic for a weekend away.

#121442 Reply
    martino
    Participant

it looks great but too small for me

#121443 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

It’s expensive for a little city car, even allowing for the tech.

A Vw up would be much more practical and almost as frugal.

#121467 Reply
    rox
    Participant

I had an up as a courtesy car for my golf and i was not impressed at all. It reminded me of a fiat panda. I think the hondae is meant to be something very different to the norm of what others are doing.

Reminds me a bit of the fiat 500 and for a small car it cost more than others around. I think it’s a pure city car if you going away for the weekend you’d just get a train or a plane.

#121977 Reply
    blueclouduk
    Participant

£3K is very steep for a small car.  On the flip side, £3K for small, very nippy car with all the bells and whistles is quite reasonable.

I like the VW Golf Mk1 styling.  Range is dire.  Less than 1 lap of the M25 before needing a charge is unacceptable from something so small although unsurprising for 1.5 tonnes of bleeding edge technology.  It weighs more than my Skoda Octavia 2.0 diesel with the same power output.

I’d have one if I had a drive but I don’t like the idea of a trailing charge cable winding across the pavement.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Honda e
Your information: