Honda Civic gone. Decent SEAT Arona gone.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #121799 Reply
    Georgie

What’s going on?

I was just perusing my ‘Emergency Alternates’ list and I see that ALL the Honda Civic models have now disappeared from the Motability List, along with all the 150bhp SEAT Arona models.

Only six weeks in to Q3 I really get the feeling that ‘decent’ cars are being either downsized or removed all together.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121802 Reply
    joss
    Participant

The blue tuc tuc’s are just around the corner I fear. Oh to be a fly upon the wall at these meetings where such things are decided.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#121815 Reply
    Jim

Bring back the 3 wheelies and get us all on them! 🙁

#121827 Reply
    Tharg

I have some most entertaining snaps of Invacars but cannot post ’em. I do what I normally do and then get this msg:

“The image could not be uploaded. Please check that it is a valid JPEG, PNG, or GIF file and that the file size is not too large.”

Checked all that. Then tried posting other snaps which uploaded perfectly before, now won’t do anything; same msg. Only happened since the msg about BB code appeared. Any ideas, anyone?

#121844 Reply
    JS

Tharg WMC is looking into it

#121847 Reply
    Matt B

I’ve had same issue Tharg

#121849 Reply
    Tharg

@JS Thanks for that. I see that it’s not just me having an issue. Look forward to hearing back.

#121858 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Sticky That chip on your shoulder must be more like a log.  You are nothing more than a troll. You have been allowed the correct length rope to hang your self. Have a great life.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#121859 Reply
    Blocked

the truth hurts

#121862 Reply
    72 Dudes

Sticky, do tell us your background and what sort of dealings you’ve had with Motability for “over 30 years” to make you so bitter and anti Motability.

Motability is a good scheme and allows its customers to choose either basic transport for the whole of the PIP payment, or to put in more money up front with a higher AP and get a more premium vehicle. That’s called choice.

Your comment about tax payers money is ridiculous, WE are also tax payers. Some of us have been in the 40% bracket with professional jobs and degree level education. I assume you have not judging by your vocabulary and grammar.

As for your comment about ‘prices that able bodies people could afford’, well on our current car we’ll be paying a total of £12400 over 3 years. That would get a nice PCP or loan downpayment in your worls wouldn’t it.

So troll off and go and join some other forum.

#121863 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

Oh Sticky,

For the moment I shall ignore your poorly phrased, worded, and punctuated commentary to assume that you have an IQ capable of considered debate. As hard as that might be.

You quote 30yrs of dealings with Motability. In what capacity? Of course, you can choose not to answer but to do so would just be to verify the generalisation made of you based on your latest posts. And sweeping generalisations are never fair or reflective are they?

#121871 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I have some most entertaining snaps of Invacars but cannot post ’em. I do what I normally do and then get this msg: “The image could not be uploaded. Please check that it is a valid JPEG, PNG, or GIF file and that the file size is not too large.” Checked all that. Then tried posting other snaps which uploaded perfectly before, now won’t do anything; same msg. Only happened since the msg about BB code appeared. Any ideas, anyone?

@Tharg

I have a few issues with the forum at the moment, posting images appears to be one of them. I will get onto it. Have you tried logging in and posting the images, I would be interested to see if it works. I have blocked our resident troll and blocked the ip address.

#121873 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@wmcforum Thanks for looking into it. Have logged on and tried as you suggest. Tried new snaps and others which posted previously with no probs. All I get is this message:

“The image could not be uploaded. Please check that it is a valid JPEG, PNG, or GIF file and that the file size is not too large.”

They are JPEGS and small enough.

#121875 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@wmcforum Thanks for looking into it. Have logged on and tried as you suggest. Tried new snaps and others which posted previously with no probs. All I get is this message: “The image could not be uploaded. Please check that it is a valid JPEG, PNG, or GIF file and that the file size is not too large.” They are JPEGS and small enough.

Thanks, I will get onto it.

#121878 Reply
    JS

Thank you everyone for your patience  with certain individuals, I had deleted the posts but relize some get email notifications so may of seen it, WMC has made the right decision to Ban the individual, the safety and wellbeing of anyone using the site will remain paramount to us, thank you everyone that uses the forum for the helpful and friendly place it is

#121885 Reply
    Carl

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I just went onto the honda mobility site, and the civic is still showing as available to order!!</p>
    Does this mean we can still order, or will mobility not process it??

#121901 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Some talk of Invacars on here so, when they’re reintroduced, I suggest we organise F1 style races to spite the Daily Flail and prove that anything can be enjoyable to drive.

Some sources say that the larger engined one (600cc Steyr Puch 2-cyl making 24.5bhp) had a power-to-weight ratio matching a BMW M5 and would hit 82mph.

#121904 Reply
    joss
    Participant

I wonder if I can fit that Suzuki Hayabusa engine I have stashed in my garage. Or I could by a smart car and

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#121909 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Tried to post another couple of pix. Didn’t happen. Hope I haven’t broken it. Will try one at a time.

First – Invacar model to be banned from scheme. Cabrio VRS turbo

#121910 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

OK, that seems to work. Here’s the other excluded model. The VRS Tribattro 3×3 V6 biturbo…

#121914 Reply
    Jim

Cracker but sadly we’d be forbidden putting faster flames stripes on it haha

#121928 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

G0-faster flames standard on VRS. Air dam and alloys extra. The 3×3 drive is also standard although I really cannot see how it would work – bendy chains final drive?

#121933 Reply
    joss
    Participant

G0-faster flames standard on VRS. Air dam and alloys extra. The 3×3 drive is also standard although I really cannot see how it would work – bendy chains final drive?

3×3 could be achieved by using a hydrolic  feed of the engine

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#121948 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Or run the whole thing off a small low-bypass turbofan (Jaguar’s fantasy drive). Run the rears from the core and use bleed air from the bypass for the front. In fact, the bleed air could reduce drag through blown matrices in body (like the Buccaneer wing). Sorry. All totally silly. I just like jet engines. One moving part (in theory) and such a super sound!

#121955 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Has anybody asked Mb if you can get a vinyl wrap .. He he heard it’s easy to remove and protects the paint i guess as well. win win..

#122062 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

And, on jets again, it seems that Jaguar ain’t the only ones having a go; Mitsubishi are playing with the idea too:

Design study from last year. Few details released but my guess is that the box above one of the axles is the jet which is used to charge the battery not as main source of power.  Pic of body (fuselage?) to follow…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
Reply To: Honda Civic gone. Decent SEAT Arona gone.
Your information: