Help for Ron

• Creator
    Topic
  • #78603 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@ronbaker, I’ve set up a new thread so you can receive a more targeted response.

Ron asks:

Can any of the members recommend a car/van size replacement for my seat Alhambra

thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #78605 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Ron, there may be some i800 left around but that 2.5 litre diesel engine is a bit of a stinker, the economy is not good.

Are you looking to go bigger than the Alhambra? if so you are fishing from a small pool of expensive van derivatives, the VW Shuttle is the pick but the AP increased this quarter and even in SE trim you would only get steel wheels, Alloys are an expensive add on.

Auto or Manual?

#78620 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Peugeot Rifter/Citoen Berlingo LWB 7 seater, More space + better economy.

#78645 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

When my auto was involved in a crash I was given a Hyundai i800 as a hire car. It was the only auto they had. Boy was it big. Difficult to find parking space big enough. Being black with tinted windows kids called it the gangster mobile while work colleagues called it the pimp mobile.

Loved it in the end. Wish I had a family big enough to justify buying one. Proper eight seater for adults.

#78710 Reply
    paulhelliwell

the i800 is one of the biggest on motability at a ap thats afordable you only have until 7/6/19 to order though i’ve just ordered mine,the only others that sort of size is

hyundai i800 starting from £299 man/£899 auto

vw transporter starting at £999 manual/£3699 auto

citroen space tourer starting at £2495 man/ £3495 auto

peugoet traveller starting at £2499 man/£3499 auto

toyota verso starting at £2695 man/£5195

renault trafic starting at £2795 manual only

#78725 Reply
    ronbaker
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestions, any more thoughts please let me know

#78726 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Ron, the other option is providing the Alhambra still fulfils your requirements, extend the lease, mileage dependant you could extend for a further two years.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Help for Ron
Your information: