Having security cameras fit to my home. Here’s what I have chosen.

• Creator
    Topic
    joss

Next Monday I am having security cameras fitted to my home, front and back.

So Here is what I have chosen after much research. What do you think?

Doncaster Alarms who did my Home alarms Plus Security cameras

Premium Digital 8MP 4K UHD ColorVu £795
      ​Including-
      Comes with 1 external turret camera (also available in black)
      Additional cameras are £300 each
      4K Ultra HD – the best picture possible
      Full colour night vision
      Dusk till dawn White Light
      2 Way Audio
      2.8mm super wide lens over 90° or 4mm narrow lens
      Tough vandal resistant metal casing
      4 channel NVR with 2TB Hard Drive
      View on your TV
      Smartphone app
      View on your PC
      Intelligent intruder detection alerts to your smartphone
      AcuSense differentiates people and vehicles to other moving objects
      Hidden cables & cable managed bracket
      Day-time Image Sample   Night-time Image Sample

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by joss.

Joss
      Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

You do not mention what Hikvision DVR is included 8mp lite 15fps or 8mp 30fps? To hazard a guess it will be the 7204HUHI-M1/S(C) DVR.

Edit: Forgot to mention the 2,8mm lens will probably be better suited for domestic install.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by kezo.
        joss

@kezo it will be an 8mp 30fps and NVR. Of course all settings a re adjustable in the NVR software.

Joss

Participant

Blimey, my wife called me paranoid when I installed a Ring doorbell! I wonder what she’d say if I said I was installing that setup?

joss

Blimey, my wife called me paranoid when I installed a Ring doorbell! I wonder what she’d say if I said I was installing that setup?

I think women can be like that, Mrs Joss has been resisting but She agreed its time to put them. One of the reasons is because we are constantly having our driveway blocked by idiots. So can’t get in and out when we need to. Soon I will be able to find out who are the cuplrits.

Joss

kezo
              Participant

Sorry mate, when I saw Colorvu my mind went straight to the analogue system’s or Hikvisions Hilook range, I see mostly in homes, which record in 4k lite.  I fit alot of Hikvision, Geovision and Synology deep learning and am of course an authorised installer of these but, i don’t do alot of domestic work, infact I hate it lol.

Hikvsion make some very decent equipment, especially with their more premium mid to higher end equipment. Their Hilook stuff isn’t much better than the other Chinese stuff like Dahua Reolink etc.

You will be more than pleased with the quality of “real” 4k picture and bet you’ll be watching that rather than Eastenders ?

Hsve you seen the camera quality image video’s?

Participant

I think women can be like that, Mrs Joss has been resisting but She agreed its time to put them. One of the reasons is because we are constantly having our driveway blocked by idiots. So can’t get in and out when we need to. Soon I will be able to find out who are the cuplrits.

That’s understandable then. Thankfully we are in a quiet little close so don’t really get those problems but I’d still like a couple of more wide view cameras than the Ring doorbell as a deterrent more than anything else, as we do get the occasional chancer wandering around now and then.

joss

Sorry mate, when I saw Colorvu my mind went straight to the analogue system’s or Hikvisions Hilook range, I see mostly in homes, which record in 4k lite. I fit alot of Hikvision, Geovision and Synology deep learning and am of course an authorised installer of these but, i don’t do alot of domestic work, infact I hate it lol. Hikvsion make some very decent equipment, especially with their more premium mid to higher end equipment. Their Hilook stuff isn’t much better than the other Chinese stuff like Dahua Reolink etc. You will be more than pleased with the quality of “real” 4k picture and bet you’ll be watching that rather than Eastenders ? Hsve you seen the camera quality image video’s?

Yes I have @kezo if you follow the link to Doncaster Alarm i posted. there are two links to images from said camera’s. Day and night view.

Joss

MickC
                    Participant

I have a Netatmo Prescence camera it has fixed zones purely to watch over my car and front door driveway,i dont have any view of my neighbours front doors or paths.

My neighbour has just had a system similar to OP’s fitted and it has taken over her life,many times its pointing down towards my home,i really want to wave at the camera.

Participant

I have a Netatmo Prescence camera it has fixed zones purely to watch over my car and front door driveway,i dont have any view of my neighbours front doors or paths. My neighbour has just had a system similar to OP’s fitted and it has taken over her life,many times its pointing down towards my home,i really want to wave at the camera.

i thought it was illegal to have cameras that covered your neighbours property? Don’t quote me on that as I’m not completely sure. Just thought I’d read something about it?

kezo
                        Participant

I have a Netatmo Prescence camera it has fixed zones purely to watch over my car and front door driveway,i dont have any view of my neighbours front doors or paths. My neighbour has just had a system similar to OP’s fitted and it has taken over her life,many times its pointing down towards my home,i really want to wave at the camera.

I have 4 camera’s covering my property, by nature of the system the camera image captures beyond my boundry however, the recorded images are set up to only record just boundry lines, meaning I’m not invading privacy of peoples gardens. If on the otherhand the recorded neighbouring gardens or public spaces such as footpaths, you need to conform to data protection rules, which means by law you can request to see the footage of the recorded images and if necessary request the owner to comply to the data protection act. You can also complain or ask for advice by contacting the Infomation Comissioner Office (03031231113), who could take legal action agains’t the owner of the CCTV system.

However the important thing to note is most neighbours are happy, if your CCTV system encroaches on their property as its a means of security for them. This may be different if you have a dickhead next door you have fell out with!

Links for Guidance on domestic CCTV from the ICO can be found in the first section here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

joss

Thanks for sharing the link @Kezo. I had most of it ,but not all of it.

Joss

MickC
                            Participant

I have 4 camera’s covering my property, by nature of the system the camera image captures beyond my boundry however, the recorded images are set up to only record just boundry lines, meaning I’m not invading privacy of peoples gardens. If on the otherhand the recorded neighbouring gardens or public spaces such as footpaths, you need to conform to data protection rules, which means by law you can request to see the footage of the recorded images and if necessary request the owner to comply to the data protection act. You can also complain or ask for advice by contacting the Infomation Comissioner Office (03031231113), who could take legal action agains’t the owner of the CCTV system. However the important thing to note is most neighbours are happy, if your CCTV system encroaches on their property as its a means of security for them. This may be different if you have a dickhead next door you have fell out with! Links for Guidance on domestic CCTV from the ICO can be found in the first section here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

I read that the other day @kezo to see if she was breaking any rules on privacy i dont think she is as she is not looking in any windows.

What irritates me is this motorised swivel camera is often pointing up the road towards my bungalow and the bungalow above,thats it the road stops the footpaths stop,there is no footfall or cars and 6ft fencing and schrubery all the way around,to me she is just noseying at us when we go to car,bins etc.

I dont mind camera’s thats why i have one,i just wish she would point it down the close where any stranger or strange car would come from,its a public road and footpath that serves 4 bungalows.

Ive yet to put a yellow warning sign up about cctv,that is a requirement ?

kezo
                              Participant

I read that the other day @kezo to see if she was breaking any rules on privacy i dont think she is as she is not looking in any windows. What irritates me is this motorised swivel camera is often pointing up the road towards my bungalow and the bungalow above,thats it the road stops the footpaths stop,there is no footfall or cars and 6ft fencing and schrubery all the way around,to me she is just noseying at us when we go to car,bins etc.   I dont mind camera’s thats why i have one,i just wish she would point it down the close where any stranger or strange car would come from,its a public road and footpath that serves 4 bungalows.

I wouldn’t worry about having a sign if one didn’t come in the box,

The ICO is lenient and doesn’t get involved as most complaints are petty but I know for a fact they get involved if the police take action with a genuine case of invading privacy, plus its disrespectful not to respect they neighbour – you never know what you’ll see them doing in the garden!

As for your neighbour down the road, they probably have a cheap Amazon pan and tilt camera with a fixed lens, which if does look up the street it’ll be a case of seen you as a match stick with no credible detail.

DumfriesDik
                                Participant

@joss I know nothing about the kit, but it sure sounds better than my four Blink cameras!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

joss

@joss I know nothing about the kit, but it sure sounds better than my four Blink cameras!

Well if it does what you want DumfriesDik then it’s all good. You could always upgrade later if you feel the need.

Joss

kezo
                                    Participant

And…………..

Are you pleased with it 🙂

joss

Who me? Yes, very pweased, thank you.

Joss

kezo
                                        Participant

Who me? Yes, very pweased, thank you.

Yes you lol ?

Great to hear your happy with it 🙂

joss

@Kezo yes The system is excellent and the NVR softwear has so many configuration options available. Over time as I get used to the system, I will adapt it to our needs. The night settings produce an image just like its day time, and all in glorious full colour.

There are plenty of video’s on YouTube to learn from. Also the mobile app is easy to use.

Joss

kezo
                                            Participant

Yes there’s is however, if you get stuck just shout!

Keep track of current setting as a reference point, so you can revert back if needed 🙂

joss

With such things it’s phone camera out and take pictures of base line settings before tinkering in settings.

It’s something I learned a long time ago Kezo.

Joss

Ele
                                                Participant

If partially blocking your drive there is not a lot you can do

Apart from hoping someone can be bothered to come out and ticket them which can depend on where you live

If completly blocking and unable to access or leave then it becomes a police matter as its classed as obstruction

Police will/can act quicker if the vehicle is used by anyone with a disability

Been there done that

My camera solved the missing waste bin mystery

Bin went into the waste truck but never came out as it was crushed wth

Operative failed to report this and my cctv saved me forking out £50 for another bin

My £29.99 ieGeek 2K PTZ Security Camera Outdoor – CCTV Camera Systems Wireless Outdoor with 15M Color Night Vision,WiFi Home IP Camera with Human Detection,Siren,2-Way Audio,Work with Alexa,SD/Cloud(Wired) (single thin power cable easilypasses through a closed window) Spotlight/ Pan tilt/zoom/Tracking/human detection/24hr record to sd card/no extra recording charges,took my Arlo pro 3 down and replaced with this as 24hr recording is free as is all alerts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MyK-IyuNG9SwZuqy5pUfxwP21TycU2gO/view?usp=sharing

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.