Have you heard a BEV owner say “i don’t like it”?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #161011 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Still a fair bit of anti BEV retoric on the forum which is fine as its all about opinion however those that have shifted from an ICE car to a BEV would be the obvious opinion to listen to.

So if you have recently changed over could you please give your honest opinion on how you have found the change?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 20 replies - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #161578 Reply
    Daf

Renewables met 97% of Scotland’s electricity demand in 2020 …
    https://www.bbc.co.uk › news › uk-scotland-56530424

That’s a headline from the Beeb which as I see it matches what Brydo stated and is a reason to rejoice rather than pontificating over the wording. Given that the production of clean renewable energy instead of fossil could save the planet it’s strange that some do all they can to undermine the efforts being made.

On the other hand “It could of course be because no country in the world can ever rely on renewable energy sources alone, rather than some conspiracy you’ve made up, Serendipity” has been proven to be incorrect and you wonder why I feel you have so much in common with Trump, Wigwam!

#161580 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Might be an idea if you read stuff, Daf and understand the complete picture rather than take news headlines at face value.  But hey ho.

#161582 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

“Trump”  Loudmouth uneducated ignoramus who thinks he knows everything better than anyone else, can’t see the connection with Wigwam at all really

#161586 Reply
    Daf

My apologies Serendipity, what on earth was I thinking!

#161595 Reply
    ajn

Wow 🙄

#161596 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s always the way with these people, if they have no argument they resort to ad hominum attack.

#161597 Reply
    Tim

Oh dear oh dear 😔

#161605 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

As always any discussion on why petrol and diesel drivers don’t want a BEV, descends into a thread full of name calling and vitriol.

#161606 Reply
    Daf

fwippers sorry about going off topic but some just press my button. Will try to stick to script in future (honest)!

#161607 Reply
    Daf

Went for a run to Bristol on Tuesday, just over 100 miles and cost me circa £1.32. Another very good reason to feel reassured I made the right choice in going for a BEV.

#161609 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Any discussion involving eco-zealots it seems, Elliot.

I don’t recall anyone on this thread arguing against EVs.

#161615 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

In response to the original question,  virtually all the EV owners I encounter are very keen to extol the virtues of their milk floats,  almost makes me feel guilty driving my big diesel lump, but, truth is, we all have different likes and dislikes, requirements and priorities, EVERY choice is valid to each individual, the wider aspects of political and scientific viewpoints are a minefield, and are perhaps best discussed elsewhere.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#161630 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

As always any discussion on why petrol and diesel drivers don’t want a BEV, descends into a thread full of name calling and vitriol.

I totally agree, to be honest this discussion should be under a new thread. Like 99% of UK driver we have been driving around in fossil fuel powered cars be it diesel or petrol at one stage the government then told us get rid of your CO2 petrol and buy nice diesel ?, then more recently get rid of your dirty diesel and buy a nice petrol ? then all of a sudden get rid of your fossil fuel polluting car and buy an EV. In a few year time they will probably be telling us get rid of our EV, there is an old saying  ‘I used to decisive now I not so sure’.

Last year we have changed to a PHEV, simply because we wanted too, our friends brought a new very clean Hyundai diesel, again their choice. We are very energy concise, our newish bungalow is reasonably environmentally friendly, but we could do more solar panels as £5,000, ground source heating £15,000 plus, triple glazing, the list goes on.

We all could do better, we have all cause this problem, I just don’t understand all this, ‘I have got an EV I am better than you, I am not polluting the planet’. 

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#161634 Reply
    ajn

Interesting points there Oscarmax..

#161638 Reply
    Daf

100% correct Oscarmax, I as much as anyone have contributed to the pollution and man made climate change. The trouble is that as the recent UN report states, we are rapidly running out of time to reverse/stop the degradation of the environment.

So I’m afraid that if we don’t want to hand a poison chalice to future generations we must put protecting the environment at the top of our priorities. We don’t have any other choice and I invite all to make the best decisions based on the advice of the worlds top experts before it’s too late.

#161639 Reply
    Adrian

FWIW I don’t bang on about the environmental virtues of going electric, and I haven’t really heard many others do so either

I have a close friend who went EV years and years ago and he’s a genuine full bore green blooded eco zealot but even he doesn’t extol the eco creds of his Leaf, just what a relaxing experience it is and how economical (note: NOT ecological) it is

Like many others, I’m a “lazy environmentalist” in that I do want to do what’s best for the environment, but let’s face it, not many of us can be bothered to be truly eco-conscious without a toe up the ar$e – we all recycle now for the most part, we all now have energy saving bulbs, the vast majority of us now have decent insulation etc, but that’s lip service, and we all need to be nudged in the right direction and I do not object to being nudged

The original point of this thread, before it got hijacked, was “have you ever heard a BEV owner say they don’t like it?” and most if not all BEV owners would say they love them – NOT because they are eco zealots but because they are fun, smoother to drive, more relaxing, nippy, and CHEAP to run. To a lotof us, being a bit more eco friendly was a side benefit. We didn’t go electric to save the planet, only our pockets

#161642 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

The original point of this thread, before it got hijacked, was “have you ever heard a BEV owner say they don’t like it?” and most if not all BEV owners would say they love them – NOT because they are eco zealots but because they are fun, smoother to drive, more relaxing, nippy, and CHEAP to run. To a lotof us, being a bit more eco friendly was a side benefit. We didn’t go electric to save the planet, only our pockets

Careful Adrian, reasoned well put arguments/discussion on here (Especially if they argue the merits of making the switch by choice) will have you red flagged as being a pushy environmentalist…

By the way, you are from the same camp as me with regards EV’s and the environment, change needs to happen and as fast as possible, but my main motivation wasn’t green, it was totally financially motivated, the fact that it also hopefully helps the future is just a bonus!

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#161644 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

There is a window of opportunity, perhaps 5-7 years where electric motoring will be cheap. Many wish to take advantage.

#161648 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Adrian. The eco zealots I referred to are the people on here who call out opposition where there is none. The same people who accuse others of not caring about their children’s lives or the environment, where no such sentiment exists. They know who they are.

#161649 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

There is a window of opportunity, perhaps 5-7 years where electric motoring will be cheap. Many wish to take advantage.

Seems so, before EV cars become the norm, and the government and the energy companies find some way of screwing more funds out of us all.

Desperately trying to stay on topic.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

Viewing 20 replies - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
Reply To: Have you heard a BEV owner say “i don’t like it”?
Your information: