Handing your car back

• Creator
    Topic
  • #188813 Reply
    Neil

Hi,

after long deliberations I’ve decided I will be leaving the scheme in nov when my lease ends,

where will I have to drop it off (the nearest vw is7 miles away)

I’ve decided to buy a second hand car

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188821 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

I’m not sure but logically I would assume that you can drop it at your nearest accredited Motability dealer regardless of the brand. They all get a fixed rate for handling returned cars.

#188838 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Leaving the Motability Scheme

If at the end of your current lease, you decide that you don’t want to lease another car, then there are a few things you need to do.

We’re sorry to lose you as a customer, but we’ll try to make the process of reinstating your mobility allowance as simple as possible by taking care of everything for you.

Please follow these steps:
    Your dealer should contact you approximately two months before the end of your lease to arrange the MOT test for your current car (excluding customers in Northern Ireland and Isle of Man). If this has not happened, please contact your managing dealer as soon as possible to book the test. The cost of the test and any repairs needed due to general wear and tear are included as part of your lease.

You can arrange to hand your car back to any Motability Scheme dealership . Make sure any documentation and equipment that was given to you with the car is also returned, such as the manufacturer handbook and any spare keys. This could also include a key for locking wheel nuts, a tyre inflation kit, radio or key codes, remote controls, parcel shelves or additional seats.

If your vehicle has a multimedia or infotainment system, in the interests of protecting your privacy, we strongly encourage you to restore the system(s) to the original factory settings to ensure that any personal details stored on the system(s) are erased. Information on this can be found in the manufacturer’s handbook. Alternatively you can ask your dealer to do this for you when you return the vehicle.

The dealer will check your car and we will decide whether you will get a Good Condition Bonus .

We will ask your benefit agency (the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans UK) to reinstate your allowance. It could take six weeks from the end of your lease until you receive your allowance again. If it takes longer than this, please contact our Customer Services team on 0300 456 4566 and we will try to help.

#188865 Reply
    rox
    Participant

I just recently dropped my car off at the dealers I was buying my car from, just told them that would be where was best for me. Got my cheques a few day later. 1 for gcb one for pro rata of the ap paid.

I handed mein back a year early, but pretty much is the same process as at the end of the lease.

I am still waiting for the letter of exemption for the road tax from dwp, my v5 has arrived even the letter to say I am no longer the registered keeper of the scheme car has arrived.. So had to tax the car hopefully it comesbefore the end of the month then I can put it on the new car and only lose 1 months road tax.

#188868 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

You can apply for a new certificate of entitlement before your car goes back, that way you won’t have to waste a month paying and claiming back car tax.

One thing though is do not let your certificate be stamped by the post office as this invalidates it and you will have to apply for a new one the following year, un-stamped you can use it without end for taxing your car year after year, only when you change car do you have to apply for a replacement.

#188872 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I handed mein back a year early, but pretty much is the same process as at the end of the lease.

What car did you decide on rox

#188873 Reply
    rox
    Participant

@vinalspin thats good to know, I’ll try and remember when i go to the post office.

#188876 Reply
    Suz

Can I ask was your GCB pro rata

#188879 Reply
    rox
    Participant

yep

1 year is £250 2 years £400 and 3 years £600

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Handing your car back
Your information: