Had Toyota CHR TEST DRIVE TODAY 2 hour long

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127545 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Picked up Toyota CHR 1.8 hybrid at Toyota dealer this morning 11am nice high up position pressed start button away in total silence I totally loved it went on dual carriageway ways country roads motorway got 73 mpg got 61 on motorway doing 70 mph ! Ride was outstanding even though had 18 inch alloys standard !  The gearbox was very smooth only noisy when put foot down for quick get away but still not intrusive loved the speed camera alert up ahead and lovely lady a mile ahead detection ! Seats very comfortable and yes parked itself with park assist amazing ! I’m having one Design model current £995 salesman said I can order January 2nd forMarch  pick up takes around 4 weeks to get one in I was very impressed indeed a very relaxing drive quiet very comfortable and fab mpg I don’t some don’t like this car but we all differ and this review is my honest opinion of 2 hours driving it today

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127546 Reply
    Chefthe1

I have the awd 12 non hybrid and I love it due to change in July next year but with Covid stoping me having a assessment with pip will be extending lease told mobility already. Will probably order another one because I have a under 25 driver to help me and it does come with nearly everything.

#127559 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I’ve been telling you all along Mike that once you get behind the wheel of the C-HR and discover real comfort – you’d be smitten 🙂

#127560 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent it was so comfortable I could have driven many more miles and the heater air con fan etc was so easy to do with the buttons clearly marked I actually shed a tear it was so lovely to drive I’m sure it will be still £995 come January 2nd I’m not test driving any others now I’ve found the car that suits my needs and yes loved the keyless touching the door handle

#127562 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Here is metal stream metallic 

#127563 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

#127564 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

#127567 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Glad you liked it Mike. I guarantee you’ll love it for your entire lease. I’ve had mine almost 3-years now & I never, ever tire of driving such a comfortable vehicle. Shame the Corolla 2.0 GR Sport is such a high AP. I’d probably have had that next.

#127568 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent the Corolla May come down January 1st ?

#127570 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

May do Mike. It’s built in Derbyshire, so I’m not sure if that will make any difference?

I can order from 1st December. I wonder if waiting for Q1 will be more beneficial?

#127571 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

You never know

#127581 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Mike

Did you find the 1800 engine quick enough? What engine do you have in the Golf and how did it compare acceleration and noise wise?

#127582 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Marc yes was quick enough for me I have the 1.5 tsi 130 bhp engine in my Golf and was on par with it and just as quiet imho

#127583 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

That’s good to hear, I have the 1800 Corolla GR Sport estate coming as a company car in the next couple of weeks.

#127586 Reply
    rox
    Participant

That’s great news mike, The search hopefully is over then and like i said afew times it’s deffo worth test driving them all until you find the one, thats right for you, not someone else and i’m so glad you was not put off by all the cvt haters, it’s about getting what you feel is important to you and for the price deffo is better value than the corrolla.

I knew during the test drive that the civic was the one and ever since getting it i have been very happy. Hoping it’s the same for you..

#127598 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes I would urge everyone to test drive cars before ordering to see if it’s right for your needs this car fits the bill for me and I think a 2 hour test drive is a good time to get to know the car

#127603 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Glad to hear you’ve found a winner Mike, the keyless is a good feature but don’t forget to keep it safe once home, I tried many different faraday boxes before I got my car and most just don’t work, eventually settled on a smaller one that keeps the signal hidden even when held next to the door handles, nice looking and a reasonable price with space for 2 keys if needed.

I did buy a 2nd one for the spare key I keep upstairs.

#127605 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s fantastic vinalspin many thanks indeed

#127635 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@vinalspin who sells those boxes?

#127637 Reply
    Mike11

Elliot it’s Amazon

#127653 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Thanks @Mike11

#127662 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Sorry about that, yes it’s on Amazon, just tap on the image and the link will take you straight to it 👍

#127663 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

What I did do was remove the little lock thingy on the front (just a little pin pushed out) as it makes it so much easier to access and it stays shut tight anyway.

#127664 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

#127665 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

#127666 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Had Toyota CHR TEST DRIVE TODAY 2 hour long
Your information: