Had test drive in new Golf 1.5 Etsi dsg

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127425 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

This morning had one and half hour test drive in new Golf style economy was good said 48 mpg did 65 miles was comfortable like mine but I couldn’t get used to the touch screen even with voice control by pressing button on steering wheel the woman’s voice said pardon I didn’t catch that ! It honestly gave me a headache for this reason I won’t be having one ! He showed me the T roc 1.5 tsi sel dsg at £495 but see real mpg on honest John is 41 so not for me ! Having test drive in Toyota Chr tomorrow for 2 hours

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127517 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Have you had a new  French car in the last 4-5 years?

My 2017 German car had loads of faults, does that mean all German cars are rubbish?

When I used to put an order in from the supplier for a bunch of components they all had multiple applications across numerous car brands, not once did I see a non specific part that only fitted one vehicle, last year when ordering parts for a Mercedes from Autodoc in Germany they sent me the components under the listing for a Renault with multiple applications because it was 40% cheaper.

I am not suggesting French cars won’t suffer from problems but I know the new ones are light years better and will no doubt have just as many issues as any other manufacturer.

#127518 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

My only bad experiences with French cars always involved the electrics. I understand that the manufacturers have been working hard to sort out these issues. My last French car was a Citroen DS3 and I had no problems at all with it. The only reason I sold it was due to the warranty running out. Having another French car wouldn’t bother me at all.

#127532 Reply
    rox
    Participant

True even the 12v socket emploded, always found bits of grey plastic in the car that had come off somewhere.. and lets not talk about infotainment system, that crashed on a regular basis and one had to stop and restart the car to reboot it.. not good on the motorway..

Then the customer service at citroen was damn right rude and some of the courtesy cars they gave me were horrible to drive compared to the c4 grand picasso i had.

Would never go there again ever

Bascally they lied to me then inferred it was me who was lieing. I was trying to explain to the nice lady my issues, when the guy in the next seat butted in and that never ends well does it.. very unprofessional and he didn’t like being told that at all.. When i told him i had mental health issues as well and coz of that i write stuff down so i don’t forget, he started getting personal, lucky for him it was at the mot in the 3rd year and thus i had no further buisness with them..

That 12v thing was broke for way to long, as one needed it working as there was no way to charge anything.

It’s my bad i should of went there and not called them in the 1st place, that way they could not of given me the run around and it never ever did get fixed..

As they never called to say the part was in, they never ordered it before the mot and after 2 hrs for mot (while i wait) They started looking at it only then.. To then say yep it’s broke and needs replacing and they need to order it and need to get authorisation. No it’s covered by yourselfs it’s clearly faulty and no work needs to be aurthorised by mb..

Never in my whole driving history of 30 years have i come across such bad service, prior i had a nissian from the same group, no issues had few probs but fixed them no issues at all.. but 6 months without fixing a 12v socket come on.. or was it because it was only a 12v socket thats broke.

Was someone on here who recently returned a car as they could not fix the issues they had. think it was a 3008 but could be wrong about the model. when evertyhing is done threw the screen and it has issues thats a big problem..

What you want is when something goes wrong, they fix it the 1st time and don’t give you the run around..

looks ain’t everything, i do like the new 208 but i would never get one, i did have old one as a hire car for a week when we went to rhodes last oct and it was ok but yeah it did rattle abit and imo it was also rather thristy.. Maybe all the hills and it would die if you put it into 2nd so had to put it back into 1st..

#127561 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

My only bad experiences with French cars always involved the electrics. I understand that the manufacturers have been working hard to sort out these issues. My last French car was a Citroen DS3 and I had no problems at all with it. The only reason I sold it was due to the warranty running out. Having another French car wouldn’t bother me at all.

I had a DS3 on the scheme when they first came out. Loved that car to bits & never had a single fault in the 3-years I had it. Terrific looking car & typically French. If there’s one car the French do know how to design & build – it’s small hatchbacks.

I’m leaning towards the 208 GT Line Peugeot in that ‘Faro Yellow’ paintwork because… well, it’s simply gorgeous in my eyes! Every road review says it’s a little cracker too… and it recently won the ‘European Car of the Year’ to boot which is voted for by motoring journalists, so it can’t be that naff.

Incidentally, I’ve never had a Peugeot in all the years I’ve been driving. But if you read all of the recent owner reviews for the past several years, they do well on reliability & ownership satisfaction… better infact than many BMW and Audi models.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Had test drive in new Golf 1.5 Etsi dsg
Your information: