Greetings and the XC40.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #107302 Reply

RaceCatt

Hello  All,

Can’t quite believe I stumbled on the website, unfortunately not before ordering my 3rd car-  still glad to know something like this exists.

I went for my first Volvo- An XC40 T3  Inscription. Has anybody any experience of owning one?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107306 Reply

Anneka

Haven’t owned one but I did like how this car looks but wasn’t for me. What colour did you go for I love the grey with the black roof mix. Hope u enjoy ur new car when it comes. 🥰

#107312 Reply

RaceCatt

That’s completely understandable, I’d had to do a few essential checks myself before committing.  Oooh nice eye for colour. I ended up going with the Blue Denim.

#107319 Reply

JS

Welcome racecatt, we also have a search box that you might find helpful in finding previous threads on the xc40

#107322 Reply

Elly

Congratulations on your new car. It’s one I’m considering, have you got concerns about it or are you pleased with it so far?

#107332 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Great choice Racecatt and welcome.
    Even if you’ve ordered, this forum is a great place for tips and any help you may need.
    The XC40 is on my list when I change later this year. The Blue Denim is an awesome colour. 👏

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#107336 Reply

Anneka

Denim blue is beautiful colour

#107370 Reply

72 dudes

Hi RaceCatt,

I would also say nice choice as we have a T4 Inscription in Denim Blue on order for delivery next month!

We went for the blonde interior as it contrasts beautifully.

Did you go black, blonde or tan?

Incidentally, we got in just in time as from May, Volvo are going all Mercedes and making most options into part of an expensive pack. List price going up about a grand too, so expect the AP to increase soon.

The T3 stays the same but the T4 becomes the B4 with a mild hybrid system and 10 extra BHP, together with a marginal improvement in economy.

#107374 Reply

RaceCatt

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi 72 dudes,</p>
    Once my doubts about being able to fit my manual wheelchair in the back were put to bed, I put the order in.( The way I got around  it was to remove the boot floor panel entirely which allowed my wheelchair to sit lower in the back but still enable the tailgate to secure itself. This maybe something worth trying if anyone is struggling with their equipment.)

I did consider the blonde, because like you said the contrast is nice, but I feared it may get dirty very quickly. Settled on the Amber(tan) option instead.

Oh that’s interesting to know! The whole reason I went with the T3 is because the mpg seemed better, but as with most things time will tell.

Mine’s estimated for mid- April, so please do let me know how your getting on with yours once you’ve been able to have a play about with it.

#107396 Reply

Shed1965
    Participant

Hi racecatt and everyone else,I also have a xc40 on order hopefully for delivery beginning,mid March.i have received text message every month from dealer saying everything on track but can any of you who have taken delivery tell me how informed you have been kept by the dealer

#107400 Reply

CraigE
    Participant

Did you have to pay extra for metallic paint? I’ve noticed on Volvos website it now says metallic paint is included but my local dealer thinks otherwise.

#107429 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@Shed1967, not talking for Volvo but dealer updates in general are pretty poor. I’ve always had to chase dealers for updates. Off and on Motability. It seems to be industry norm imo based on my 35 years of buying.

If you find a good one, you’ve done well.

@craige, Volvo Motability cars are the only manufacturer to charge for all paints other than the one base colour. For other manufacturers, paint options are at no cost apart from some of the ‘special’ paints on offer. In this instance, the general rule is for the dealer to ask for the £ difference between the normal paints and the special.

However always best to confirm with the dealer and the approach I will take is to ask the dealer to confirm that the paint is a no cost and NOT to ask how much? The last thing we want is for everyone to start asking, “How much for paint as Volvo now charge?”

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#107437 Reply

RaceCatt

@craige To add onto BionicRusty’s point regarding the metallic paint. I was told its no longer included. I paid half of the cost and my dealer paid the other. It is a lot but equally if I’m going to live with the car for the duration of the lease, I’d like it to look nice.

#107439 Reply

CraigE
    Participant

Thanks both. I noticed on Volvo’s website last night it says metallic paint included. Not sure if this was a recent change as I seen a previous post they were charging. I will be contacting my local dealer again tomorrow.

#107461 Reply

Elly

I can’t see on the Volvo website where it says metallic paint is included now, please can you direct me?

#107463 Reply

CraigE
    Participant

#107464 Reply

Elly

Thank you so much

#107465 Reply

Elly

This is what I get. I don’t understand how we are seeing different things? There’s no mention of it my end.

Offer available on the Motability Contract Hire Scheme. DLA, PIP or AFIP holders: These prices are applicable for recipients of the Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMS) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA), the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Armed Forces Independence Payment. WPMS Holders: These payments are applicable for recipients of War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS). Advance Payment is the non-refundable amount payable up front to your Retailer in addition to your weekly mobility allowance. 60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years. Offer available from 01/01/20 to 31/03/20 subject to availability at participating dealers. Offer not available with other Promotions and may be subject to change. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request. Motability Contract Hire Scheme is administered by Motability Operations Limited (Registered Company No. 1373876), City Gate House, 22 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HB

#107466 Reply

CraigE
    Participant

If you scroll to the end of the price list. It’s in the T&C’s below

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/find-a-dealer/masterdealer/offers/motability

#107469 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

CraigE your right

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#107470 Reply

Quiggers

Whoa!   Wait!      What?  😧

I ordered our XC40 a couple of weeks ago and paid for metallic paint.

Does this mean I can ask for it to be refunded oh wise ones?

#107471 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

You may find this is a clerical error but if it isn’t they would be wise to refund you as you could cancel then reorder.

#107472 Reply

Quiggers

Great.

Thanks Brydo. I will let you know what happens.

#107473 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Quiggers yes let us know as Mrs Brydo is a big fan.

#107475 Reply

Philjb

Offer ends 31/12/19 according to the above link.

#107477 Reply

Elly

‘Offer ends 31/12/19 according to the above link.’

Ah yes, thank you, that explains it. Annoying! 😩

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
Reply To: Greetings and the XC40.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: