Green Homes Grant

• Creator
    Topic
  • #125290 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I see the new government scheme has started. PIP and DWA are qualifying benefits for grants of £10000 for qualifying work.  Has anyone looked into this yet?  I’ve looked at the govt website and elsewhere and it’s unclear if it is means tested or income related in any way.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140066 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I don’t know if the nationality of the company is relevent, Joss. The problem is Government comes up with a scheme, hands the problem of delivering it to civil servants to implement. They have no technical knowledge or ability, only a history of similar schemes in the past being abused by cowboy installers.  They come up with a complex and impractical brief and  pass it on to a private contractor who impressed them in a boardroom presentation.  Problem solved.

#140239 Reply
    joss

Green Homes Grant funding to be cut by £1.5 billion

Funding for the Green Homes Grant voucher scheme is set to be slashed by around £1.5 billion from April, it’s been revealed.
    The Government had set aside a total of £2 billion for the initiative, under which homeowners in England can get up to £5,000 in vouchers to make their homes more energy efficient. £1.5 billion of this was earmarked for households, with the other £500 million going to local authority-led schemes.

read more here 

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140250 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

For the BEIS to blame Covid for the failure of the scheme is despicable.

#140255 Reply
    joss

Totally agree with you Wigwam. I have just come off a phone call to GHG, Who again confirmed that they have everything that they need on my application. It is just a matter of waiting for their audit team now.

I asked in light of the news that the grant scheme funding is to be cut by 1.5 Billion, where does that leave use? She replied saying “we are carrying on as normal, until notified other wise”

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Green Homes Grant
Your information: