Grant for scooter

• Creator
    Topic
  • #185366 Reply
    Retired and loving it

Hi everyone ,

I have a quick question please.

I currently have a car on the scheme , my mobility has deteoriated so I now  need a scooter , do the grants team offer a grant towards one ? .

I’m on means tested  benefits so am not in a position to purchase one myself and my P.I.P is being used to cover the cost of the vehicle on the scheme so I have no disposable income or savings.

Any assistance would be greatly received.

Many Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185371 Reply
    joss

Hello and welcome @Retired and loving it As far as I am aware, you can use your mobility allowance  for one or the other. Car or scooter not both. Again the grants apply to one or the other.

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact/faqs/can-i-get-a-car-and-a-scooter-or-powered-wheelchair

Can I get a car AND a scooter or powered wheelchair?
    Currently, it is not possible to lease a car AND a scooter or powered wheelchair, because customers are unable to have more than one lease agreement on the Motability Scheme at one time.

We continue to explore the options extensively to see if we can offer our customers an agreement that covers two products, such as a car and a scooter or powered wheelchair. If we can accommodate the legal, system and operational requirements for an agreement with combined products, it is something we hope to be able to offer customers in the future.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185384 Reply
    Retired and loving it

Thanks Joss ,

I was looking at a grant to help purchase one outright rather than leasing one via my benefits.

Many Thanks

#185393 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

My understanding, though could have got it wrong, that Motability grants can be applied for even if your not a Motability customer, something to with all the big bags of cash they had lying around a few years ago.😊

Might be worth giving them a call.

#185409 Reply
    joss

Thanks Joss , I was looking at a grant to help purchase one outright rather than leasing one via my benefits. Many Thanks

My understanding, though could have got it wrong, that Motability grants can be applied for even if your not a Motability customer, something to with all the big bags of cash they had lying around a few years ago.😊 Might be worth giving them a call.

My understanding, though could have got it wrong, that Motability grants can be applied for even if your not a Motability customer, something to with all the big bags of cash they had lying around a few years ago.😊 Might be worth giving them a call.

Ah my bad. Give the grant team a call and see what they say. https://www.motability.org.uk/charitable-grants/

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185614 Reply
    Retired and loving it

Thanks Guys ,

Going to give them a call today or tommorow  and see what they say .

Will give an update when I know one way or the other.

Thanks for your assistance.

#185799 Reply
    Retired and loving it

Hi , Quick Update .

I received a reply back from the  Motability Grants team saying they don’t offer any form of grant for a scooter .

#185815 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Sorry to hear that, so the help for none members or general disabled persons was just another “makes them feel good” headline to keep government and general public happy. 😖

#185851 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Hey i have at the moment leased a Mobility Scooter from wheelfreedom they are motability Accredited but as i have a motability car i lease a large Scooter from them a TGA Vita S with upgraded battery so it can go 30 miles vs 20.The price is slightly lower than motability and the lease is for three years.Just to let you know you get a brand new product and i have been with them for many years and find them good for service, they are based in Guildford in Surrey and they will come out to you if you want a demo.

It might be worth noting they are london/Surrey centric.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by joss. Reason: Added link for users

tim

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Grant for scooter
Your information: