Good news for SUV’s on Motability?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar BionicRusty (Wayne) 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87325 Reply
    Georgie

Hey!  Maybe we’ll finally get the Ford Edge. 🙂

#87328 Reply
    Georgie

Or maybe we won’t.  I just an article in Automotive News Europe saying Ford plan to discontinue selling the Edge in the UK – the Tax penalties applied due to the Edge’s high CO2 emissions makes it too expensive for what you get when compared with the competition.

Oh well.

#87331 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Ford are replacing the Edge in the UK with the new 7 seat version of the Kuga when it eventually arrives in blighty.

A friend has an Edge and it costs a fortune to tax and he’s getting around 25mpg(diesel), it’s so bad that he’s looking at chopping it in against one of the new Rubicons which will give him roughly the same economy but can actually go off road and scare wildlife from half a mile away. 😱😁

#87335 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

The all-new Ford Puma SUV is due early 2020 and I must say – it looks great!

#87351 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Whilst it might mean some good deals from those that need to push numbers, said falling sales might also be the tiniest beginning of a trend bubble bursting? When the mood-ometer does swing away from SUV’s (and let’s face it, it will) I for one don’t look forward to the decreasing choice of vehicles that are easier to get in and out of compared to ‘normal’ height cars.

#87441 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Bandit, I agree. I find that the small-mid size suv’s are perfect for me to get in & out of.

I’m due to change within the next year and to be honest, looking of late at the lists, there’s just no pattern. One qtr a particular model may be out of reach (no pun intended 😃!) AP wise but the next it’s either within my reach or gone!

Right now I’m in an X1 and I love it, it’s perfect.

We can only hope that Motability understand the need for these vehicles on the scheme and work to keep them on it. 🤞😃

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it🏎

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Good news for SUV’s on Motability?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: