Good condition bonus year extension

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118543 Reply

Ian

Sorry to be starting a new thread but can’t find the old one.

My car is 4 years old in September so that would mean atm £700 gcb as I understand it, question is if I order a car now obviously it won’t be here till much later. Does it go by the end date of my current car or the date I order?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118558 Reply

rox
    Participant

From the date you handover, Although if the car is available and you not got to get a factory built one you could be in the new car in a min of 7 days. If you say to dealer i want to exchange on/or after your sept date so it’s 4 years you’ll get the £700 if it’s less I dunno pro rata i think

#118559 Reply

Brydo

No pro rata, I spoke to motability last week who confirmed this.

#118562 Reply

rox
    Participant

No pro rata, I spoke to motability last week who confirmed this.

So you gotta see out the full year or you just get £600 unless you already had it / ask for it..

#118563 Reply

Brydo

We extended to five years and motability told me last week if our car is ordered just now and arrives after our renewal date we will get £900 GCB. If it arrives before that date we get £700 not a penny more. I asked about pro rata, as it doesn’t seem fair, but she said that was the rule.

#118568 Reply

rox
    Participant

So really no point in extending unless you intend to keep it for the whole year or two of the extention.

I’d rather have another new car after 3 years than extend personally, As I’m paying the same for an older car. Is getting trickier for some that’s for sure, who need certain things and just cannot get those cars anymore on the scheme.  So i do understand why one would extend but is a bit cheeky of them. Considering they still getting the full rate for a 3 year old car from dwp.

#118573 Reply

Littledave

Our Alhambra is three years old and just under 20k miles. We extended because there is nothing equivalent on the scheme now and paying out another substantial ap for a lesser car seems crazy. The Alhambra has been faultless and under the Motability scheme there is nothing to worry about.

#118574 Reply

Brydo

The big benefit rox is not paying an AP every 3 years, the additional 2 years also allows additional time to save for the AP. The £900 for five years can also go towards your AP making it far less of a burden.

If having a new car every 3 years is a priority then this won’t be any use to you but I would rather pay additional money for a high spec car with everything I want and keep it 5 years.

We are all different, that’s what makes life interesting lol.

#118620 Reply

martino

who decides if you get the GCB is it the the car dealer when you pick up your new car or motability , im never sure

#118623 Reply

Ian

Thanks Rox, that’s what I thought.

As I understand it the dealer decides about gcb, normally on a 3 year its done when it has the mot a while before it goes back.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Good condition bonus year extension

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: