Good Condition Bonus – Increased

• Creator
    Topic
  • #81322 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

In an attempt to combat the rise in early terminations Motability have increased the 3 year good condition bonus to £600, a £100 increase.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #81326 Reply
    DBtruth

Great news. Every little helps!

#81327 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Have any of the other good condition bonus payments changed?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#81328 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

Nice 🙂  Its shame there isn’t a way for the condition bonus to be awarded on the spot during changeover, it could then effectively become £600 off the AP paid when collecting a new car – would be a great help to people who may not be able to find a large AP upfront but could manage a chunk of it with the GCB covering the short fall.

Suppose the issue with the above is no-one has a crystal ball and could end up causing tons of damage days before collecting a new car leaving them with a short fall on the AP.

#81329 Reply
    Mike

Great news I look after my car wash it often and garaged most nights a lot don’t bother

#81330 Reply
    Dave

I ordered a new car last month – cant collect until Aug 15th – would I qualify for the new rate ?

Dave

#81331 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I ordered a new car last month – cant collect until Aug 15th – would I qualify for the new rate ? Dave

Yes Dave, it’s any car returned from today.

#81336 Reply
    Mike
    Participant

Do you happen to know if it has also increased correspondingly for those on extended 4 & 5 year leases?

Thanks

Mike

#81340 Reply
    mzmps
    Participant

Only got my new car last week, so lets see where we are in three years. That’s if DWP don’t stuff it up before then, review around time of change.

#81360 Reply
    joss

Great news is that. Shame I missed out by a week or so. But still I got my £500 GCB 4 days after hand over.

I also look after my cars as well.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by joss.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#81382 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Joss I would give them a call, a week is not long so you might get the £100

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#81414 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

What happens if you are on your 3rd year of lease and have to return the car two  or three months before end of lease because you don’t qualify for pip anymore?

#81415 Reply
    Philjb

Wazza then you don’t qualify as far as i know. It has to be full 3 years min.

Thats good news hopefully it will rise again by the time I change.

#81421 Reply
    Tosher

Good Condition Bonus

If you return your car in good condition at the end of your lease, you could be eligible to receive our Good Condition Bonus. The amount you receive depends on the length of the agreement: it’s currently £600 for a three-year lease and £900 for a five-year lease
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by wmcforum. Reason: Cleaning up html
    #81422 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Tosher,

I think you need to reformat your post.

Dave

#81424 Reply
    Tosher

Hi Dave,

It looked ok when I cut and pasted it, not sure why it went askew and I not sure how to reformat it I’m afraid…..

It doesn’t appear to allow a re-edit!

#81425 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

No problem Tosher,

It took me a while (think because it maybe a ‘quote from a quote” it takes the formatting text with it.

Is this what you were intending to post?

If you return your car in good condition at the end of your lease, you could be eligible to receive our Good Condition Bonus. The amount you receive depends on the length of the agreement: it’s currently £600 for a three-year lease and £900 for a five-year lease.

Dave

#81441 Reply
    Tosher

Yes that’s it.

Top Man!

Cheers

#81445 Reply
    Anonymous

It doesn’t appear to allow a re-edit!

You can only edit your post if your a member and logged in.

And good news on GCP

#81446 Reply
    POPS

The advantages of logging on as a member …. Spot on Lesmond, cheers.

#81460 Reply
    Tosher

Thanks Lesmond.

Continuing this discussion; I’m in the 4th year of a five year lease (originally 3yr extended for 2yrs). I was advised that I would receive £600 GCB rather than the normal £500, I’m assuming it will remain the same otherwise it would have advised accordingly on the Motability website?

#81465 Reply
    JS

I’ve asked Motability for confirmation on the good condition bonus and at present they can only confirm it’s £600 at the end of a full 3 year lease and £900 at the end of a 5 year lease. However at this point they can’t confirm if there is a payment for the intermediate 4 year lease, they are looking into it.

#81466 Reply
    Tosher

Thanks JS.

I’m waiting delivery of the Tiguan @ £1495, less the £600 dealer contribution, leaves me with £849 to pay. I’m expecting the £600 GCB refund with £249 as a net deposit so anything more in the way of  a GCB would be a…..Bonus ?

#81488 Reply
    Dragonfly

£600 that’s good news 🙂

#81496 Reply
    JS

I can confirm Motability has got back to me with regards GCB at the end of a 4 year lease. Payments are subject to the normal rules and are as follows

good condition bonus payable at the end of a full term lease:

3 years £600

4years £700

5 years £900

so if your on a 2 year extension you can change at any time and as long as your handoverdate is or over a full 4 years lease you Will receive £700.

#81511 Reply
    Tosher

Thanks for checking this out JS.

Another £100 towards the deposit. You never know, the way things are going I may see out the full term of the 5 year lease  (judging by the wait time others on here are experiencing) and receive the full £900. I ordered in April and the dealer advised delivery by Sept. I’m laid back about it and not in too much of a rush to lose my current car (Citroen Grand C4 Exclusive+ auto)

Much appreciated ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Good Condition Bonus – Increased
Your information: