Good condition bonus

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  JS (justsaying) 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #73283 Reply

Chris
    Participant

Apologies if this has already been asked but who decides on wether the condition of the car is worthy of the good condition bonus?

We ordered our new car and the dealer looked around it and marked it down as ‘ good throughout ‘. Is it the dealer who decides or does it get inspected by motability themselves?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #73289 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

The dealer decides.

Ticks the checkboxes on the Motability site when you handover. We handed over our Kuga Thursday 14th March this year, got the £500 GCB Monday 18th!

#73290 Reply

Chris
    Participant

Cheers

Just with mitsubishi doing it Thursday last week I thought that was it done. He said he was ticking it down as good, he had a look around it and took down the mileage etc so hopefully we’ll get the gcb for it

#73306 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Brain fart!

We handed over our Zafira for a Kuga.

#73308 Reply

mitch
    Participant

when i took the car in for its mot prior to swapping it the dealer filled out a form and took photos and sent them to motability.we swapped 2 or 3 weeks later and the cheque arrived 3 days after that.

#73310 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I would say it’s Motability who decides and like Mitch said the dealer, when your current car gets MOT’ed, takes photo’s in a procedure laid out by Motability with the likes of taking photos at certain angles so Motability can see if the car qualifies.

Mechanical wise and under the hood stuff would show up while going through the MOT.

#73311 Reply

Persuader

I think it’s the dealer who decides and if there’s a dispute then photos are used as back up . It must be the dealers judgement–how else can you explain the quick payment after handover?

#73317 Reply

cb2011
    Participant

Has anyone here ever been declined the good condition bonus ? and if yes do you think it was a reasonable decision ?

#73318 Reply

Chris
    Participant

I just found it a bit strange that mitsubishi took down the condition, mileage and so on. He even said he was putting it down as ‘ good ‘ which I thought would be Nissan’s job to take the final condition down, either way I’ll just have to see! It’s in for it’s m.o.t on Monday but I doubt they’ll tell me if it’s good or not, the car is in great nick however with only usual wear from use! I hand wash it every week and it’s never seen a drive through car wash, only stumbling block may be the plastic inside the boot is scratched from my son’s wheelchair but that’s it.

#73329 Reply

JS (justsaying)

There’s some links and answers on the following thread that may help. But basically wear and tear is fine and the car gets checked at the point of its MOT and then again at handover.

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/good-condition-bonus-4/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Good condition bonus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: