Good condition bonus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #69240 Reply
    Efc84

Good afternoon everyone,

Just a quick query – We will soon be returning our current vehicle as we replace it with our new vehicle and I was just wondering how the good condition bonus works? Is it the dealership that we get our next vehicle from that decides if our car will qualify or Motability and what’s the process?

any idea what’s classed as general cosmetic as we have a tiny dent on the drivers door where some idiot has banged it with there door ?

i wasn’t sure if this would lose us our bonus and was thinking of maybe going to see our new dealership to see what he thinks?

Thank you all very much

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #69241 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

We turned in a Focus Estate 3 years ago. It had a ding like that on the rear passenger side door. We still got the £250 (as it was then) GCB.

There have been people wondering whether they’re stricter now that the GCB is £500.

We’ll be finding out in March… some moron dinged our front bumper in a car park and never stopped.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#69243 Reply
    Efc84

Hi confusicated

I’m sure one of the children that play in the street has done it with thire bike but I can’t prove it.

We park on the drive when staying in and of a night but when knowing we are to go back out later on we will park on the front of our house.

The day I noticed it we had just arrived home and i spotted one of the children from up the street riding around on her bike, It wasn’t until we went to go back out later that evening that I seen it, I think she has come riding past our drive along the path and lost balance and gone in to our car, again I can’t prove this but if it was a genuine accident all she had to do was tell us. I could be wrong but it wasn’t there when we got in to the car before we arrived home that day.

Never mind, I might have a drive to our new dealer tomorrow and see what he thinks.

i bought a suction dent tool but because it’s on the groove running along the car it won’t pull out.

#69244 Reply
    JS

Your current car gets checked twice, once when it goes for its MOT and the servicing garage takes photos and does a condition report that is sent to Motability in readiness for it to go for sale, your supplying garage of the new vehicle also checks the vehicle upon hand over and either ticks the box or puts a x in the box with notes attached, small dents and scrapes are allowed and should not effect the good condition payment, at present the payments are sent out via cheque and arrives within 3 to 5 days.

#69245 Reply
    Efc84

Thank you JS,

our car was MOT’d a couple week ago and valeted, Can I get access or a copy of this report the Nissan dealer would of done on the condition of the car?

The car other then that debt is still in beautiful condition I have no other concern than the dent.

#69251 Reply
    JS

Not sure they will give you the report as it’s all on a back office system online. but small dents like that are fine and won’t effect your payment.For peace of mind here’s the official line from Motability.

https://www.motability.co.uk/information-for-customers/cars-and-wheelchair-accessible-vehicles-customer-area/good-condition-bonus

#69261 Reply
    Persuader

how archaic that the bonus is paid by cheque!

#69266 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Persuaded a growing number of banks have mobile phone apps that allow you to log into your account, take a photo of the cheque and send it to them. The cheque will then be cashed without the need to go to the bank.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#69267 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Sorry persuader.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#69273 Reply
    vinnym70

The only damage on mine is small donks from other people opening their doors into mine when parked. It’s amazing how easily dented modern panels are… the metal has pinpoint dents but the paintwork seems perfect within the dents.

I’d be really peeved not to have a good condition bonus paid for things I can’t account for when the rest of the car is close to perfect.

This will be my first end-of-lease car… interested to see how it pans out.

#69286 Reply
    Efc84

Cheers guys,

I feel a little better now knowing this – I’m a worrier and it has been going around in my head.

Its my wife that does all the driving and I must say even after 3 years she hasn’t once curbed the alloys ?

the car has been a brilliant car! we are looking forward to our next as my condition isn’t getting any better and i need that extra leg room.

Nissan Qashqai ?? Definitely recommend.

all the best.

#69287 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

when i picked up my current car the motability rep was actually grumbling about the state some cars are handed back in and yet they get the bonus. he showed me one and the interior looked as though someone had been living in it. but because a decent valet will sort it they get the bonus. he was saying some come in looking as if theyve done the paris dacar but as a wash will sort it they get the cheque.

it gives the rest of us a bad name, he was chuffed that mine was washed and valeted before i took it in. i would have been embarressed to do anything else.

#69295 Reply
    Efc84

That sounds terrible how some people can use and leave the vehicle in such a state! Some people have no pride.

I would be the same Mitch, I couldn’t hand it back without knowing it’s had a good wash and a fresh valet. It’s only right. Some people have no shame!

#70965 Reply
    asty
    Participant

Anyone know if scuffs/scratches to alloy wheels are taken into account with regard to good condition bonus?

#70974 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

My Picasso had covered 76,000 miles on its return, it had a number of faults:

1. Weird flaky/scuffed patch on front bumper – about 12sq inches, happened first time I washed it a week into ownership, paint felt all weird & bobbly there, I think poor pre-delivery repair.

2. Was hit in rear by VW golf 4 weeks before return! Badly scuffed/scored bumper/rear valance

3. 2 badly kerbed alloys – and all of them were not perfect, corrosion was setting in.

4. Sheared off wheel security bolt – Thank You, Kwik Fit Montrose.

5. Front NS wheel arch had broken its lower mount, kept popping out and had stripped the paint as it rubbed on the wing – Again, white paint sticking out like a sore thumb. Dealer refused to warranty it, saying it was me…That & not sorting the front bumper are a big reason why I am no longer in a Citroen.

I was expecting a demand for repairs to front and rear bumpers, maybe something for the alloys. The receiving dealer was very apologetic while entering in all of the damage on the Mobility return form. Could’ve blown me down when the GC bonus cheque arrived.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#70975 Reply
    asty
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply Abercol,hopefully i should not have a lot to be concerned about.

#70979 Reply
    joss

My car is due its MOT 5th of March. Even though I say this myself, it is in pristine condition save for a heavy scuff on the off side rear alloy. This was caused by a bloody massive pot hole that I manage to miss with the front wheels but it got the rear one. Apart from that its spot less.

I was thinking of getting it repaired at a cost of £80.00. Do you think it’s worth doing or not?

Cheers

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#70981 Reply
    Footloose

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi guys</p>
    my golf gtd has 19”machines alloys and they are a nightmare when it comes to avoiding scuffs or damage especially on uk roads and I too was thinking of having them repaired but I’ve been quoted £120 per wheel though my car is in excellent condition as I’m a keen valeter when washing and cleaning the car but with regards to the alloys it’s impossible and like other posters potholes are the main culprit therefore I would be inclined to leave them as you may pay for repair only to have them damaged/scuffed again?

#71002 Reply
    JS

@asty and @joss

scuff and scraps and even small dents are all classed as wear and tear, in both your cases it sounds that you would both be fine, but for peace of mind although the final assessment lies with the dealership you are handing the car into, the vehicle will be assessed and photos taken ready to be added for sale at point of MOT,

my suggestion would be not to spend money on repairs and to ask the MOT garage if they deem it passable for Good condition payment.

Motabilty official stance

https://www.motability.co.uk/information-for-customers/cars-and-wheelchair-accessible-vehicles-customer-area/good-condition-bonus

#71044 Reply
    joss

yeah. Fair point JS. It is only on place on the edge of the rim. I will ask at MOT and see what they say.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#108708 Reply
    Graham

Just had my car scratched down passenger side,looks like someone took a screw or nail to it.

Due to hand back in December, can’t imagine getting my GCB now.

#108710 Reply
    Waltersoprano1
    Participant

Just had my car scratched down passenger side,looks like someone took a screw or nail to it. Due to hand back in December, can’t imagine getting my GCB now.

if you think someone has done it on purpose you’d be best contacting the police.

check to see if the location has cctv because that could be useful

#108727 Reply
    joss

How bad is it Graham?

Could you post  up a picture?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#108757 Reply
    Peter

@Joss

My car went back on Monday.  I’m embarrassed to say that all four alloys were scuffed.  This wasn’t a problem and was marked down as fair wear and tear.  Got my GCB cheque on the Wednesday 🙂

#108758 Reply
    Robert

Do you still get good condition bonus if insurance repair has been done.

#108760 Reply
    Peter

Yes.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Reply #108760 in Good condition bonus
Your information: