Good Condition Bonus

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gilders 3 days, 13 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68204 Reply

David Lewis

Picked up my Focus Vignale Estate on 21st December. GCB cheque arrived yesterday. I consider that to be good service.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #68205 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Yay!

#68214 Reply

JS (justsaying)

When you consider the weekend and then xmas I would say it was excellent

#68233 Reply

garry ward

yes picked a Mercedes cla shooting brake up on sat 22nd December got my cheque on sat 29th brilliant service

#68523 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Just asking if anyone knows, at the end of your 3 years you hand the car back and don’t renew, do you still get the good condition bonus and where do you hand the car back in?

#68528 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Yes

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#68534 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Yes you still get the GCB and you hand the car back to the supply garage, if for some reason you have moved away then it would be the garage you have it’s service and the MoT done, in some circumstances they will arrange to have the vehicle picked up or yourself dropped back home if the logistics of getting back is required.

#68544 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Thanks JS, not due to end for about a year but good to know as I will probably leave the scheme and buy something cheap (well, cheaper than the huge ap’s being asked anyway).

#68547 Reply

Paul

If after 2 years  8 months your pip is not renewed and therefore car has to be handed back earlier, do you lose the GCB as a result? For sake of s couple of months through no fault  of your own.

#68561 Reply

JS (justsaying)

I’m not 100% on PiPs rules but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere here you depending on when you joined the scheme,  there is a transitioning period and payments available, and in the event of it being earlier than the 3 years in most cases Motability usually work payments out on a pro rata basis, but I would advise to check with motability on that to be sure.

#68564 Reply

Paul

Thanks

JS (justsaying)

#68828 Reply

gilders
    Participant

I’m not 100% on PiPs rules but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere here you depending on when you joined the scheme, there is a transitioning period and payments available, and in the event of it being earlier than the 3 years in most cases Motability usually work payments out on a pro rata basis, but I would advise to check with motability on that to be sure.

Transitional support package only available for those moving off DLA and not being eligible for PIP. I.e. not for people who stop receiving PIP. You will not receive Good Condition Bonus, but will receive pro rata refund on Advance Payment.

With the transitional support package I could have kept my car a few months longer (in lieu of £1,500 support payment) which would have meant I’d had the car for just over 3 years, yet I still would not be eligible for Good Condition bonus.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Good Condition Bonus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: