Good Bye to the Xtrail, but where next/

• Creator
    Topic
  • #28524 Reply
    Andyjm2uk
    Participant

Hello,

In October I can, at last get rid of my 2014 Xtrail.  While the car looks pretty good it has not been the greatest experience.  Poor build quality and awful ride have made it a long 3 years.

I know I have a few months to go, but I couldn’t help looking around. The current choice of SUVs is currently pretty uninspiring. I was hoping to get a C Class estate, but that have gone :(.  So where do I go now?

Superb?

Mondeo?

3 Series?

Any thoughts appreciated, I need room to push the passenger seat back and get a scooter in the boot.

Thanks

Andy

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #28525 Reply
    Ish

Not looked at the mondeo or bmw but the superb is very nice, I think you’ll be impressed if you go and try one.  The SE L Executive has a decent amount of kit as standard.

#28526 Reply
    Mal.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I Agree for kit and comfort and room the Superb out ranks the 3 series and the Mondeo.</p>

#28548 Reply
    Andyjm2uk
    Participant

Thanks for the replies..

I was leaning towards the Superb with DSG box.  May be tempted by the mystical Kodiaq, if it ever arrives on the scheme, but guessing the spec levels will be low.

Anything will be better than the Nissan though….

#28549 Reply
    Mal.

Hopefully for alot of people who would benefit from the size of the Kodiac, maybe you never know but hopefully it will be available on the scheme October.

#28553 Reply
    Ish

I saw a Skoda Kodiaq outside the Seat dealership yesterday. It’s a very large vehicle, bigger than the Ateca by the looks of it. Not a chance my other half could have got in it. Some of these SUV’s are just too high now if you’ve got limited use of your legs. Looked lovely though.

#28555 Reply
    Mal.

Yeah I agree not suitable for everyone but like you say looks lovley.

#28556 Reply
    brian

I have just ordered the Superb SE-l 2.0 TSI it is very quiet, very fast, comfortable and has a huge boot. I use a scooter and it will fit in assembled and it will all take a scooter hoist which i am having fitted to mine

#28572 Reply
    Andyjm2uk
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Is that the 220BHP version with DSG?

#28573 Reply
    brian

yeah the 220  with DSG, really nice car

#28574 Reply
    Andyjm2uk
    Participant

Nice,  That is my current favourite..

How is the ride? My wife has CRPS and potholes are a nightamre!!

#28576 Reply
    Ish

We were looking at the Octavia VRS with the new 230HP engine but after speaking to the sales guy yesterday the mileage isn’t great so we’d probably go for the 184HP diesel. I don’t think they offer that in the Superb though.

#28577 Reply
    brian

The ride is very good soaks up the bumps and potholes pretty well , I have a spinal injury so i need a car that is comfortable and easy to live with and thats why i need the DSG box as left leg doesn’t work. Had the DSG box in my VW and it is really smooth

#28581 Reply
    Andyjm2uk
    Participant

Thanks Brian,

The Superb is just sounding better all the time.

Just musing over extras, quite tempted by the reverse camera or maybe Park assist.

#28582 Reply
    brian

I picked a few extras including reverse camera, keyless entry, ambient lighting etc . plus it has an auxiliary heater so come the winter months you can pre- warm the cabin up and defrost the windows by remote control without having to go to the car to start the engine

#28612 Reply
    Andyjm2uk
    Participant

Oh nice… Like the sound of the aux heater.

I did think Keyless was standard on the exec model though..

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Good Bye to the Xtrail, but where next/
Your information: