Golf mk8 GTD Test Drive

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145609 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

Hi, I enjoyed a thirty minutes test drive in a new golf mk8  gtd today. Immediately after my test drive in an ID.3.

The golf is a very strong contender for me now. The torque and power suits my driving style.  I found the layout quite intuitive, I’ve driven previous golfs extensively. I found the this version even more solid, planted and surefooted on the road.

Its acceleration was strong and quite addictive and the assistance systems worked very well.

I was surprised to some extent how it felt similar to the Id.3 solid, surefooted, steering direct. Although the golf felt more agile.

Driving a countryman, Peugeot 3008 tomorrow.

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146125 Reply
    Zak

Hi Matt,

I dont think you have to pay for paint as all Metallic colours should be FOC. With the GTD i have on order i kept it standard with no optional extra’s. However because my original order was for the Golf R-Line which had an AP of £920 once i included the Bergamo alloys and heated seat, for an extra £900 you get a lot more car with the GTD e.g. keyless entry, IQ Headlights, wireless charging, Illuminated Grill and a few other options which is why i made the change. Please dont quote me but if you are refering to the sports suspension then i think this is optional and doesnt need to be added with the 19″ wheels?

Zak

#146131 Reply
    matt

i added the better sound system and winter pack with heated seats and steering wheel.i you go on the vw web site and build one you will see all the pay for items like £100 for a spear wheel and so on.

#146139 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Metallic paint is free on all Motability vehicles, only special colours are extra and then all you pay is the difference between the price of metallic and special.

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Golf mk8 GTD Test Drive
Your information: