Golf gtd 200bhp

• Creator
    Topic
  • #144107 Reply
    Paul

How come this is listed in the q2 topic section for £1799 with 200bhp?which from what i read on here is above the limit,yet the 190bhp tiguain doesnt appear.Maybe its me but this gtd if true, now on scheme is confusing.

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #144813 Reply
    matt

i think all should give a discount the last two cars a have orded never had nothing off the ap but 15-20% off add ons

#144814 Reply
    Welsh Joe
    Participant

Please tell me which dealer you had your last VW from and I will contact them and ask if they still can offer a discount, I am willing to travel quite far to collect a new car if it saves money.  None of the five VW dealers I contracted today would give a discount off optional extras or the upfront payment.  I know that you can get discounts as I did with my last Volvo a few years ago but really struggling to find a VW dealer to offer any discount now.

#144819 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

When we ordered our current 2018 VW Tiguan, we travelled 80 miles to Marshalls VW in order to get £500 off the AP. At the time a lot of VW dealers were offering similar discounts. Marshall’s called me recently to ask if they could help with our next order and I asked what discounts they are offering now and the answer was nothing. In fact, I don’t recall anyone posting VW discounts recently. No harm in asking though and, at the very least, some discount should be offered on any optional extras, if not the AP.
    We have just ordered a BMW. The dealer wasn’t offering any discounts off AP’s (they never do) but by phoning around I managed to find one that was prepared to offer £500 off the AP plus 10% off optional extras (they weren’t advertising that offer) and my local dealer agreed to match it. Last week was the last week of the financial year, so I might have been lucky with my timing, but it will all depend on where a dealer is with their manufacturer volume bonuses as to how much they are prepared to discount. The first week of a new financial year is never going to be an easy time to drive a real bargain unfortunately, but good luck as someone somewhere will be prepared to do a deal.

#144823 Reply
    Paul

Also looking for ap discount, still no joy.

#144834 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Richardw did you manage to find a dealer that offering a discount or is £625 a typeo for 19” wheels as I thought they were £725? I have spent all day emailing and ringing but so far not got a discount on either the up front payment or any optional extras. I’m running out of dealers as contacted five so far. If any one knows a VW dealer offering discounts please let us know.

Must have been an error on my part. I’ve been in that many configurators and spec lists I must have got confused with something else.

I think it will be a struggle to get a discount on the ap when it looks ludicrously cheap compared to the tdi 150 at 4k.

#145113 Reply
    Zak

Hi All,

What build dates have you been given for your R-Line or GTD new orders?

Originally I had a R-Line order placed in January 2021 which ended up being a June/July build date. Since then I have cancelled this order and instead opted for the GTD. Today I received an email from the dealer to advise it is scheduled for a build date of week 18, with potentially completion end of May.

Also with dealers opening next week has anyone booked to test drive the Golf 8? If so are you able to keep the car for a few days or is it a limited test drive?

Zak

#145122 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

After monday you should have a 2 hour test drive all garage showrooms be open

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#145124 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

When I ordered I was told up to 6 months but that many previous orders of GTD’s had arrived much sooner than this. I’m going for a test drive next week as he gave me the option to cancel if I did not like the car. I know a couple of manufacturers occasionally offer 48 hr test drives, Mini and Mercedes spring to mind, but have never heard of Volkswagen offering them.

#145130 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My Toyota dealer gave me 2 hour test drive in new Yaris and Chr before Christmas my VW dealer next door gave me an hour and half insist on a 2 hour test drive and get to know the car I did with the CHR and had one

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#145142 Reply
    Mmoreton5

I was told that due to covid I can only have a test drive “around the block” with the man in the car with me. From 12th apr??

#145147 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Mmoreton5, this sort of attitude and restriction should be reported to Motability, otherwise dealers won’t change.

#145154 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

New one on me, I’d certainly be taking my business elsewhere.

#145589 Reply
    matt

orded a gtd today said i will be looking at september time for delivery got 15% off extras too.

#145590 Reply
    Stevie

Hey @Matt What dealership gave you discount on additional extras?

#145591 Reply
    matt

jtc600 sheffield. he said vw dont give a discount but they gave me £250 off its worked out about 15% as i went for the better sound system and the winter pack.

#145597 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

orded a gtd today said i will be looking at september time for delivery got 15% off extras too.

Have you had a drive then Matt? I’ve ordered subject to test drive but no mention on them finding me a car to drive.

#145599 Reply
    matt

dident have a gtd in stock so took the gti nearly same car bit more power and suspension on front differnt but a golf is a golf lol

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Golf gtd 200bhp
Your information: