Golf gtd 200bhp

• Creator
    Topic
  • #144107 Reply
    Paul

How come this is listed in the q2 topic section for £1799 with 200bhp?which from what i read on here is above the limit,yet the 190bhp tiguain doesnt appear.Maybe its me but this gtd if true, now on scheme is confusing.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #144108 Reply
    PraxxtorCruel
    Participant

The Tiguan 190ps is much more expensive than the golf gtd. Also the BHP limit is 200bhp for petrol/diesel and 225 for other but we have some cars that are over those numbers.

#144125 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Whilst the Golf GTD would be too small and low for us, I am delighted to see it joining the scheme for those who don’t have the space requirements that we do and enjoy spirited driving. I agree that it’s odd that the Tiguan 2.0TSi hasn’t joined the scheme. It’s within the price cap and is in fact cheaper then the 150PS Diesel 4WD that has been on the scheme for ages. It therefore meets all criteria so should be included IMO.

#144128 Reply
    Mmoreton5

2.0tsi tarraco 190ps has appeared again at a somewhat eye watering 4k AP

#144129 Reply
    Mike11

Not a bad price if you can live with the touch screen for heater air con etc etc

#144132 Reply
    Mike11

#144159 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Very glad to see the GTD on scheme. Very surprised – after all, it has the letters “G” and “T” in its name which normally means it is deemed immoral, offensive (to D Flail) and therefore to be censored. Just hope that this is not a very poor April Fool’s gag!

(One lives in hope that it might lead to the Polo GTi coming on; same figures, nearly, as the GTD and now that “G” and “T” no longer banned it deserves to make it.)

#144161 Reply
    MickC

Might be Motability’s April fool joke.

#144193 Reply
    Richard Hewett

I think that is a excellent price and for the highest bhp of any gtd yet if I was ordering now and the car was suitable space wise I would be all over that.

#144196 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I’ve just got off the phone with the dealer and I think I’m going to place an order. He was happy to place the order subject to a test drive after the 12th allowing me to cancel should I wish to. No brainer with the miles we do and no longer needing as much space. Poor colour choice but nothing new there.

#144198 Reply
    Zak

Hi Richardw… out of interest what colour would you be going for? Did the dealer advise rough lead times on new orders?

#144202 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Hi Zak, he did say that factory order 5/6 months then I wouldn’t be disappointed. One has just arrived after 4  months so who knows. Quite a few in the UK or on the way so could maybe have got something for June if I wanted.

Colour choice is pretty poor imo. Already have a black Freelander, not a silver fan. I think they look amazing in white but I live in a very rural area so it would never be white! The reddy colour is quite nice but basically I don’t know. White with the optional 19’s (because they are black) might be favourite at the moment.

#144216 Reply
    Zak

Hi Richardw, I completely agree picking a colour is a nightmare! I must admit I’m torn between the moonstone grey & the dolphin grey. I currently have a 1.5 R-Line on order in moonstone grey however I’ve set a call with the dealer tomorrow to potentially change this to the GTD. My AP with the extra’s on the R-Line is £920… for another £900 I can get the GTD model which comes with a lot more extra’s as standard and a lot more car. I am leaning towards the dolphin grey however I’m not sure if this colour is included free or charge or is classed as an extra. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow. Zak

#144219 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Zak – Dolphin Grey is a standard metallic paint (not a premium colour) so is a no cost option for Motability customers.

#144224 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Yep, that’s true, no cost option. I’m stuck between dolphin grey and white!

#144237 Reply
    Simon

My dealers demonstrator is in Atlantic Blue metallic its a really nice colour and stands out from all the greys on the road.

#144242 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I was wondering what that was like in the flesh, thought it looked a bit dark. One at vw Scarborough and its outside so rep said to drive over and have a look which I might do tomorrow.

#144249 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I was wondering what that was like in the flesh, thought it looked a bit dark. One at vw Scarborough and its outside so rep said to drive over and have a look which I might do tomorrow.

Atlantic Blue is pretty much navy blue and a bit dull for a flashy car IMO. Looks quite nice in a showroom with lights on it, but quite flat outside in natural light. Whilst I like grey on cars (classy colour) I’m not a huge fan of the pale flat greys that seem to be all the rage these days, but I must admit that they suit sporty cars such as the Golf GTd particularly well. White looks great when it’s clean, but a bit low rent when dirty although the worst colour to keep looking smart is black IMO. Had a few of them and they looked clean for an hour before they looked filthy again! Never again! All a personal choice though. It’s a shame that VW has such a poor colour choice though, as do almost all German manufacturers. Germans make the best cars but don’t seem to want people to have colour in their lives!

#144250 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

We’ve gone for white, just have to keep the pressure washer handy! All subject to a test drive when they open up. Order has been placed as the rep wasn’t too convinced how long they would remain on the scheme. May have just been saying that to get our business but it does seem to be a strange ap when compared to other Golfs on the scheme.

#144259 Reply
    Zak

Hi Richardw, did you go for any optional extra’s?

#144260 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I’ve got over the weekend to think about it. 19″ wheels would be nice, as would sound system but that would make it 3k. Probably just the wheels at £625

#144795 Reply
    Matt

Already have the 7.5 gtd but going for the mk8 gtd at £1799 I think but extras would go for the 19s at £725 but you have to have the Dcc at £785 as well so then there’s £1500 set of wheels so had a look at the q3 black edition 150 bhp upgrade the wheels from 19s to 20s for only 495 hmmmmmm

#144800 Reply
    Matt

Ow I forgot to add 6 months wait for both gtd and q3

#144802 Reply
    Welsh Joe
    Participant

Richardw did you manage to find a dealer that offering a discount or is £625 a typeo for 19” wheels as I thought they were £725?  I have spent all day emailing and ringing but so far not got a discount on either the up front payment or any optional extras.  I’m running out of dealers as contacted five so far.  If any one knows a VW dealer offering discounts please let us know.

#144805 Reply
    matt

they will be £625 has you get a discount on extras 15-20%

#144806 Reply
    Welsh Joe
    Participant

Which dealer is giving the discount ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Golf gtd 200bhp
Your information: