Fuel retailers urged to cut petrol by 6p per litre

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169608 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Record fuel prices should be slashed to reflect a drop in wholesale costs, a motoring services firm has claimed.

The RAC called on retailers to ‘play fair with drivers’ by reducing the price of a litre of petrol by 6p and diesel by 4p.

Average pump prices for petrol have risen by 3p per litre since the start of the month, reaching 147.27p despite a recent reduction in wholesale costs.

The failure to pass on savings is costing drivers around an extra £3.50 every time they fill up a typical 55-litre family petrol car.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169619 Reply
    joss

Always the same, quick to up the price, but ever so slow to drop.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#169861 Reply
    Ditch

As of today the prices are still going up daily 24th nov mines gone up 2p since yesterday’s price. 🤬

#169878 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

It’s supermarkets as well petrol stations that are playing the rip off game, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons and around these parts of the woods Morrisons are the worst with there fuel being at least one or two pence above the others with these shops only a mile or so apart.

So how much are they over charging us for bean, tea, coffee, toilet paper and everything else under the Sun because I’m sure there profits will be going sky wards this year and not only that there one of the few industries who have profited from Covid.

#169884 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Our nearest Asda (15 miles away) has been the cheapest place for fuel for as long as I can remember. However, when I last filled up I was horrified to discover that they were 2p a litre more than the little petrol station in our village. Usually there’s around a 5p difference the other way around.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Fuel retailers urged to cut petrol by 6p per litre
Your information: