- This topic has 48 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by .
I’m getting seriously fed up now with the debacle of my wife’s VW Tiguan order and the passivity and lack of communication from the supplying dealership.
Having chased the dealership yesterday to question why the ‘Provisional’ build week status of Wk 21 (w/c 21st May) had not moved to ‘Confirmed’ status (as it’s meant to do 3 to 4 weeks before build) they casualy mention (as if I already knew) that it’s now provisional build week 23. This is in spite of VW Online Chat telling me just 24 hours earlier that it was still provisional build week 21 and was unlikely to move backwards. Left hand, right hand. This is now the 4th different ‘provisional’ build week we have been given, although I have had to chase for every single update – absolutely nothing has been proactively communicated to us by either VW or the dealership.
Since ordering the car in January, there have only been two contacts with the dealership, both of which were initiated by me.
It is no wonder that new car sales are struggling. There’s a lot to be said about buying ‘nearly new’ when you can get the car immediately and not be subjected to the frustrations of delay heaped upon delay of new builds, all the while being kept in the dark by the supplying dealership. Sadly, this is not an option with Motability.
I am keeping a detailed log of the order process and the various changes throughout. Here’s the sorry tale so far;
– 20th Jan – Placed order in person with dealership (Wk 3)
– 1st Feb – Dealer Placed Order with VW (Wk 5) after I chased them to find out why we had no VW order number (so the dealer had ‘sat’ on the order and not processed it for almost 2 weeks).
– 2nd Feb – Online Tracker showing as ‘Processing Order’
– 20th Feb – Online Tracker progressed to ‘Order with the Factory’ with a provisional Build Week of Wk 26 (w/c 25/6/18)
– 21st March – Provisional Build Week changes to Wk 20 (w/c 14/5/18)
– 4th April – Provisional Build Week changes to Wk 21 (w/c 21/5/18)
– 3rd May – Provisional Build Week changes to Wk 23 (w/c 4/6/18)
At this rate, we are unlikely to take delivery of the car until July, some 6 months after ordering the car.
Anyone else considering ordering a VW Tiguan be warned. My wife and I have had dozens of new cars over the years and this has been the most frustrating experience to date. Not impressed.