FREE TomTom GO Navigation App – 12 Month (New Subscribers) – With Code

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jojoe
    Participant

REMEMBER if you wish to then unsubcribe from next yrs renewal you can do so straight away or anytime before end date

Or use a pre pay card such as Revolut where they can’t take money if it’s not there.

Ele
      Participant

REMEMBER if you wish to then unsubcribe from next yrs renewal you can do so straight away or anytime before end date

Or use a pre pay card such as Revolut where they can’t take money if it’s not there.

Good point

Ioniq
        Participant

You know its a scam when they want your card details.

They hope you will forget about the renewal and rinse you, or take out the renewal 3 months before the actual renewal date.

If these companies are legit, they could give you a free trial without requesting your card details.

Google maps is better than TomTom.

Tomtom was good when everyone had a satnav, but it was destroyed by smartphones and Googlemaps. Tomtom must be desperate trying this one on….lol Free, it certainly is not.

I,ve also just downloaded Waze, heard a few good reports of it diverting you away from traffic jams..

Rhodgie
          Participant

I,ve also just downloaded Waze, heard a few good reports of it diverting you away from traffic jams..

I use Waze most of the time because it can alert you to hazards, potholes, police, roadworks, congestion delays etc. Most of these are inputted by you the driver as you pass, Waze will tell the next cars and ask if the hazard is still there. It is also owned by Google maps.

Ele
            Participant

You know its a scam when they want your card details. They hope you will forget about the renewal and rinse you, or take out the renewal 3 months before the actual renewal date. If these companies are legit, they could give you a free trial without requesting your card details. Google maps is better than TomTom. Tomtom was good when everyone had a satnav, but it was destroyed by smartphones and Googlemaps. Tomtom must be desperate trying this one on….lol Free, it certainly is not. I,ve also just downloaded Waze, heard a few good reports of it diverting you away from traffic jams..

Blimey thats a strange rant lol

Not promoting TomTom but there is benefit for some just making members aware of this imo great offer,

Hardly a scam imo lol as 60 sec later you can unsubscibe if you wish the same as you can with spotify free deals ( card details also needed)

Suspect these deals are free as they can quickly amass user data and provide better real time info for users inc trade and also aims to encourage users to possibly keep subscribing

Different Apps can bring different things to the table depending on the journey being undertaken

ChrisK
              Participant

I use TomTom via Apple CarPlay and first and current year expires next month and had an email from Apple last week to remind me to cancel now if I don’t want the subscription to continue but at £19-99 I’m finding it well worth it.

Unlike my VW inbuilt car satnav it announces safety and red light cameras even when its not navigating, that for me is 90% of the time and can make these announcements even while using other car systems within the infotainment unit. The real big like for myself is seeing traffic hold ups clearly on the map, at a glance, miles ahead of me giving loads of time to avoid.

One and I think only bugbear is it does not allow you to go to a point on the map and touch that point and make that your destinations, something that my inbuilt VW satnav does without using names or postcodes, but again, I can use the VW map in those instances and navigation while TomTom gives me the warning over the car audio of any safety cameras ahead without using the TomTom navigation.

I could be wrong but I don’t think there would be an option for a free year via CarPlay.

belfast4
                Participant

I use TomTom via Apple CarPlay and first and current year expires next month and had an email from Apple last week to remind me to cancel now if I don’t want the subscription to continue but at £19-99 I’m finding it well worth it. Unlike my VW inbuilt car satnav it announces safety and red light cameras even when its not navigating, that for me is 90% of the time and can make these announcements even while using other car systems within the infotainment unit. The real big like for myself is seeing traffic hold ups clearly on the map, at a glance, miles ahead of me giving loads of time to avoid. One and I think only bugbear is it does not allow you to go to a point on the map and touch that point and make that your destinations, something that my inbuilt VW satnav does without using names or postcodes, but again, I can use the VW map in those instances and navigation while TomTom gives me the warning over the car audio of any safety cameras ahead without using the TomTom navigation. I could be wrong but I don’t think there would be an option for a free year via CarPlay.

Do you know if their is a way to get rid of the blue triangle and have a car on the screen?

ChrisK
                  Participant

I use TomTom via Apple CarPlay and first and current year expires next month and had an email from Apple last week to remind me to cancel now if I don’t want the subscription to continue but at £19-99 I’m finding it well worth it. Unlike my VW inbuilt car satnav it announces safety and red light cameras even when its not navigating, that for me is 90% of the time and can make these announcements even while using other car systems within the infotainment unit. The real big like for myself is seeing traffic hold ups clearly on the map, at a glance, miles ahead of me giving loads of time to avoid. One and I think only bugbear is it does not allow you to go to a point on the map and touch that point and make that your destinations, something that my inbuilt VW satnav does without using names or postcodes, but again, I can use the VW map in those instances and navigation while TomTom gives me the warning over the car audio of any safety cameras ahead without using the TomTom navigation. I could be wrong but I don’t think there would be an option for a free year via CarPlay.

Do you know if their is a way to get rid of the blue triangle and have a car on the screen?

Hi Belfast4

Oh yes, I forgot about that annoying arrow and unfortunate I too are looking for a way to make it smaller.

As I noted about using TT for traffic miles ahead of my current location so don’t often use it for navigating but that arrow really is a pain because if your in an unknown city/town the arrow is so big you can’t be sure of the actual road your on unless you zoom right in.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.