Forum Members cars

This topic contains 447 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Avatar fwipperie 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #44731 Reply
    JS

Model: Hyundai Tucson 1.7crdi premium

Transmission: automatic 7 speed DCT

Colour: White sand

Cost: ordered Q3 £2199 (with £200 discount) no added cost options,

Option/Extra’s: Beige leather interior (no cost option on the premium)

Mpg: still breaking in (600) around town I’m getting 34/on a trip 47 (still improving was 31/43) mixture of driving styles due to breaking in

Pro’s: seating/driving position is great, heated seats, full electric adjustment including lumber and front edge of seat, steering wheel adjusts in/out up/down. Gear box is smooth The rear and front sensors are great detects rear cross traffic, blind spot, the projection cornering light are brilliant. Overall fantastic roomy/ comfortable and responsive car once set up auto lights wipers etc is simply get in and drive.

Con’s: haven’t come across any issue with the car yet, a little niggle is having to press the parking sensors on as it resets on occasions. Hyundai doesn’t offer extras it would be nice to be able to add if I had a choice electric tailgate/push start, and memory seats would be nice.

Recommend?: 100% worth a look, and a test drive.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 447 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #46243 Reply
    kevin mitchell

mini seven 3dr cooper auto chili

#46244 Reply
    kevin mitchell

mini seven 3dr cooper auto chili

#46245 Reply
    kevin mitchell

had the mini cooper seven 3dr auto chili for 6 months now. 43 mpg, great fun.

#46266 Reply
    JIM

what options did you get Gareth?

#46383 Reply
    CE14LDB
    Participant

@justsaying.

thank you so much means a lot that does.

Its through my brother having cars after breaking his back in the Paras in 1996 Aged 24 that I came sort of connected in Motability and that his first Motability car in 1997 Citroën Saxo 1.6i SX Auto made this 31 year old who was 10 at that time a Citroën Nut.

I sorted out everything on his cars before I passed my test I would arrange the servicing MOTs etc and then when I passed I was the one taking his cars in then for repairs etc.

would be a pain in the rear end at times he would but I would still do it for him if it meant he could be here again.

I used his cars more than my own a lot but I did a lot for him Pick the kids up from school for him go up West Wales and bring his other kids down in school holidays etc.

Luckily with him driving with Hand Controls I could drive them. Infact it was him that started teaching me with .them and he taught me in my first Motability car along with a BSM Instructor.

He would more or less let me pick the cars for him in later years long as they were Citroën’s.

I even got him a early termination back in 2010 swapped his 2009 58 C3 1.6i 16v Exclusive Auto for a C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138 VTR+ EGS6.

#46393 Reply
    Timerfirst

Ce14ldb my friends first motability car in 1997 was a saxo 1.6 sx automatic. It flew to 110 mph and filled the clock. Even when driven sensibly, it had an appetite for petrol. it also handled badly too,worse than any new car should,lol

#46395 Reply
    JS

Your welcome, and it’s very humbling and pleasing being part of a group/forum with so many individuals willing to share/advise/help others, All participants should feel proud as maybe without realising it all input helps others as individuals and as a group alike,

keep up the good work everyone.

Thank you

#46438 Reply
    bladeybear82
    Participant

qashqaiHere is my 15plate Qashqai. its the 1.5dci, cant remember the trim, in Ink Blue.

The car itself is lovely. Still a fun looking nice family sized car to drive.

Except i think it was the car built by the odds and pods of others.  from day 1 we have had problems, the after service has been a nightmare too.  never again will i touch a Nissan or Nissan dealer.

i had the car 3 days when my wifes key started to play up.  left it a week as we still had the master key…then the master key started playing up. couldn’t unlock the car. couldn’t lock the car.  it was saying there was no key detected when trying to start it. so we where passing the dealership so thought we would call in. they happily took the keys off of us and went to look at it. they said there was no problem. but they changed the battery’s in the fobs and reset the computer and we where working ok.. the spare key still to this day doesn’t recognise the car and still they don’t know why.

carried on living the happy new car life for another 2 weeks.  the sensor on the tyre pressure gage kept going of..again we went and tried to sort this. Nissan did what they did and we where off again.

then the breaks stuck, then the hand break stuck.

start stop still doesn’t work and beeps and flashes saying error. they don’t know why as the computer says its fine..just turn everything off as your battery must be not charging.  erm i bought this spec to play with the gadgets..and i need the air con and dual climate on so we don’t steam up and bake in the lovely hot summer we had of 2015.  don’t use your satnav its draining the battery.

had to have 4 new tyres as they went below the limit in 10k.

the disc breaks crumbled and kwik fit refused to give me the car back as it was deemed unsafe. the disc breaks needed where not available in uk so motability had to ok a different make.

the clutch and fly wheel was changed at 30k.  gear box has no 3rd gear. it just clunks.

turbo is now squeeling and leaking gas onto the steering column causing it to slip and skid around bends…Nissan wont touch it. 3 weeks to book it in. or just call rac is there answer. called rac the other day as came out of the hospital from having a head mri and the car was dead. no life at all. they did a diagnostic and the computer said battery was dead and to change. luckily he had one on board.changed it and off i went..but yesterday all the same faults are now returning. good thing is..i got my letter yesterday saying its time to order a new car….. yes yes yes thank you…there has been so much go wrong with this car..for the last 3 years it has got to of been in almost every month for something else.  i do not recommend Qashqai. and what the dealer told me is the new models battery’s have not been fixed. so i can imagine a lot of problems with them.  it has taken the fun out of owning a new car.

#46618 Reply
    Milman
    Participant

Wow that was a bad car, just reading it made my hair stand on end, the thought of driving something so unreliable would make me ill – well good luck with your next choice I bet you will check the makes for reliability!

#46987 Reply
    arightpest
    Participant

Seat Alhambra tdi 184dsg Red se lux

I have not got any photo’s never thought to. i have had it a year its averaged 38 around town but i did get nearly 50mpg on a run to scotland. I have got a 100kg buggy sat in the back plus the electric lift so its like traverling with a family of five in it all the time. I am able to get the second row of seats up all the time with the buggy in so i am very happy with the car. It drives very well and i love the ride hight in getting in and out my cars comes with the electric side and rear doors and i payed for the keyless entry it make life so easy and worth the extra.  Mine also got the standared leather seats but i chose the brown leather centre to the seats and it breaks the black up brilliantly. I have got two more years left with the car but i dont do many miles so i might get to extend the lease another year with luck because what they want now for the advance payment it will be behond my means so unless it goes down or another car will take my buggy plus five people i will be leaving the scheme and trying to buy a old mpv that works for me.

its a great car.

#46992 Reply
    wonky

Hi arightpest,  I have same Alhambra but with 2 Ltd diesel 150 bhp.

My mpg is awful around town, very short runs over last couple of months has meant 28mpg and the regeneration warning , so had to go on a 100 mile round trip to restore. I agree on a run can get 50 mpg. I too have had car for almost a year and done 6000 mls so should be bedding in now.  Would love to get 38 mpg around town, you must be very light footed!

I paid £1500 ap last year  . It’s £3700 now!

Regards,  wonky

#47163 Reply
    arightpest
    Participant

Hi wonky

i have got about the same mileage on my car but my around town perhaps includes the longer run than yours so i have not had a problem with the regen. The run up to scotland would have blown the weeds out. i have only just had to refil my adblue up for the first time pretty easy to do.  I am very light footed perhaps a bit boring plus i do use the coasting function all the time and that helps. I was very lucky price wise i expected to pay £1400 advance payment and that was the price just before i ordered the car but on the day i whent into order the price dropped to £1050 so the money i saved i had the keyless entry fitted so it worked out the same so win win. I had to pay for the buggy lift but i have since found out i can remove it before the car goes back and fit it into the next car or sell it what ever i want so very happy about that.

Arightpest

#47169 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

It looks bigger than my Kuga, however my boot is always full of mobility scooter, as regard sliding the seats forward, my 2 little dogs sit on the back seat in a doggy cradle padded with doggy bed and doggy seat belts. I haven’t carried rear passengers for years, looks like nobody likes my driving.

Now the BMW X1 and Ford Kuga Titanium X are more comparable, due to the extras the Kuga looks to in the lead again.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#47236 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Had our Seat Alhambra 184ps SE LUX DSG Just over a year now and almost at 20K mileage. So far no problems, only criticism if any is turning circle. But apart from that has met all our needs. Swallows wheelchairs and buggy. Tows caravan with ease. Averaged around 40mpg but that includes about 4k towing a large caravan. Love the electric sliding side doors, if it had been a 4wd model would have been perfect car for us. Looking at next car on current available it would be the BMW 2 series xdrive Gran Tourer. I always start looking at next cars weighing up advance payments and spec etc. If money was no object, would be the Skoda Kodiak but at moment i can spec up the BMW and be half the advance payment of the Skoda before i add essentials.

#47876 Reply
    Winston

Thought it was about time I uploaded a photo or 2 of my car, sadly its no longer available on the scheme, it was actually only on the scheme for 1 or 2 quarters so I was quite fortunate to be ready to order at the right time

anyways.. here it is, its a 16 plate Audi Q3 S Line Plus, Quattro, 184 S Tronic. Its in Glacier White and I bought the black pack option so thats the roof rails, window trim and front of the car had been finished in black rather than the chrome. I find the car a dream to drive with the auto gear box and 4wd with plenty of power and torque for over taking.The drive select is a good feature and when coupled with the S tronic gearbox with also has modes to play about with can really be tailored for your journey but I have to admit I usually have the car set in Dynamic and the gearbox set to Sport and boy can you really feel the difference!

The Tyre size is 255/40/19 and it comes with a sports suspension as standard but I have to stress it in the comfiest cruiser I’ve ever driven and with the wide tyres its great ( for a SUV ) on the twisty and narrow roads aswell.  The raised height and driving position make it much easier for me to get in and out and again the raised height gives a great elevated view of the road and gives you the sense of presence on the roads. The full auto LED headlights are amazing along with the auto high beam assist which turns it into a lighthouse on wheels! Sit behind full LEDs and then go to Xenons or Halogens and the illumination is night and day.. literally!  the cruise control and satnav are also very simple to use. Nothing is perfect though and I’ve got a couple of small gripes if I was being really picky! but as it beings so much joy and freedom to me there is no point bringing them up.

Not sure if its possible to upload videos on here without making a youtube one so I could show the sweeping rear indicators and the genuine Audi welcome lights on all 4 doors that replace the puddle lights

Other options I decided on were the reverse camera, park assist plus ( it parks itself ) interior LED light package, upgraded stereo , Audi rubber mats and boot liner. It has the remote tailgate which can open and close using the remote which is handy when you are on crutches. You can also personalise how long the lights stay on for when you approach and leave the car, select which windows or all the windows to open and close using the fob which is handy on a hot day etc.

So yeah I love it, love the looks, the drive and performance , the alloys and lights , I feel so relaxed and comfortable behind the wheel so unless something drastic changes on the scheme then if allowed I think I’ll be requesting to extend it.

probably missed a few things but I’m hardly JC..( Jezza Clarkson )

#47877 Reply
    Winston

#47878 Reply
    Winston

#47879 Reply
    Winston

#47880 Reply
    Winston

#47881 Reply
    Winston

#47882 Reply
    Winston

the pics seem be losing some clarity and definition after I’ve uploaded them to the forum, they are crystal clear on my iPhone and Mac so I hope they aren’t too blurry for the peeps out there

#47883 Reply
    Winston

#47884 Reply
    JS

Very nice Winston very nice indeed

#47886 Reply
    Brydo

Winston what are you doing in a car park at that time of night, don’t tell me lol.

#47887 Reply
    Brydo

The car looks great Winston I’d hold on to it for another year, I would replace your registration plates though, they ones are crap.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 447 total)
Reply To: Forum Members cars

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: