• Creator
    Topic
  • #44731 Reply
    JS

Model: Hyundai Tucson 1.7crdi premium

Transmission: automatic 7 speed DCT

Colour: White sand

Cost: ordered Q3 £2199 (with £200 discount) no added cost options,

Option/Extra’s: Beige leather interior (no cost option on the premium)

Mpg: still breaking in (600) around town I’m getting 34/on a trip 47 (still improving was 31/43) mixture of driving styles due to breaking in

Pro’s: seating/driving position is great, heated seats, full electric adjustment including lumber and front edge of seat, steering wheel adjusts in/out up/down. Gear box is smooth The rear and front sensors are great detects rear cross traffic, blind spot, the projection cornering light are brilliant. Overall fantastic roomy/ comfortable and responsive car once set up auto lights wipers etc is simply get in and drive.

Con’s: haven’t come across any issue with the car yet, a little niggle is having to press the parking sensors on as it resets on occasions. Hyundai doesn’t offer extras it would be nice to be able to add if I had a choice electric tailgate/push start, and memory seats would be nice.

Recommend?: 100% worth a look, and a test drive.

Viewing 5 replies - 476 through 480 (of 480 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #112338 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Well done Brydo

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#113868 Reply
    Damian

Hi there,

Our mum passed away a while ago, and left a car with hand controls. They’re digital – pull lever to accelerate and a pull-ball to brake, under one side of the steering wheel.

I’m wondering whether it’s worth trying to sell or donate these to a charity for reuse, assuming we can ask a mechanic to remove them. Is there any charity that could make use of them, that anyone could recommend?

I assume it’s pretty pointless selling a 9yo car with hand controls as most motability members will use the scheme to buy something newer?

Thanks

Damian

#113872 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Sorry for your loss Damian.

My thoughts In terms of the adaptions I have on my car (remote control with steering ball) I’d say it’s probably not worth the hassle of selling the controls or even given them away even with the retail price of my control being just over a grand. The problem is insurance and second-hand adaption as the car insurance company would want to have the adaption tested before they are used again and as adaption don’t carry any VAT on its price its easier just to have new fitted.

No problem with selling the car though and most adaption can be easily removed.

With my adaption I could simple remove the control and ball from the steering wheel leaving the out of sight electronics under the dash and no future buyer would be none the wiser though there will be places in the car where above averaged wear and tare has occurred due to the users disability and again in my case extra wear on the foot well carpets and scratches and scrapes to the boot liners due to carry a scooter but there should be no problem selling the car to an abled bodied driver if that’s what you want.

#113901 Reply
    Jonathon

Here’s a pic of my superb estate that is used to tow my race car.. second one I’ve had that is now overdue and on lease extension due to covid like many other customers. 4wd next for me just waiting to see what comes on list.. I’d have another superb at the drop of a hat..Skoda superb

#113906 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Jonathon. That is super cool. 👏👏 I am so jealous of you. Many moons ago I desperately wanted to get into Formula Ford (as it was called then) but the cost was just too much. I must have spent more on the track days though😂

I love the Superb. It’s a great car.
    I currently have an X1 and if the 4wd comes on it may well be a good choice for you. My disability means that the std seats suit me perfectly but they are generally not comfortable for most so I would advise trying both seats available. Other than that I can thoroughly recommend it.
    Again, great car mate. Drive hard, drive safe. 👏👏

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 5 replies - 476 through 480 (of 480 total)
Reply To: Forum Members cars
Your information: