Forum Members cars

This topic contains 449 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  oldenstar 7 hours, 59 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #44731 Reply

JS

Model: Hyundai Tucson 1.7crdi premium

Transmission: automatic 7 speed DCT

Colour: White sand

Cost: ordered Q3 £2199 (with £200 discount) no added cost options,

Option/Extra’s: Beige leather interior (no cost option on the premium)

Mpg: still breaking in (600) around town I’m getting 34/on a trip 47 (still improving was 31/43) mixture of driving styles due to breaking in

Pro’s: seating/driving position is great, heated seats, full electric adjustment including lumber and front edge of seat, steering wheel adjusts in/out up/down. Gear box is smooth The rear and front sensors are great detects rear cross traffic, blind spot, the projection cornering light are brilliant. Overall fantastic roomy/ comfortable and responsive car once set up auto lights wipers etc is simply get in and drive.

Con’s: haven’t come across any issue with the car yet, a little niggle is having to press the parking sensors on as it resets on occasions. Hyundai doesn’t offer extras it would be nice to be able to add if I had a choice electric tailgate/push start, and memory seats would be nice.

Recommend?: 100% worth a look, and a test drive.

Viewing 24 replies - 426 through 449 (of 449 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #77363 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Shame some other(mainly german) manufacturers don’t offer stunning colours like that and only offer a monochrome palette. ??? ???

#77368 Reply

Philjb

#77370 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Very similar colour to mine(Indium Grey) and while it is a nice colour I thought I’d gone colour blind when the dealer handed me the colours brochure!!!  ???

#77371 Reply

Philjb

Just turned 10k since jan  still going strong.

Levels checked and software update soon at local dealers Twickenham.

#77372 Reply

Philjb

In my Eyes the best colour for one, But depends what light it’s filmed in , colour looks different on different cameras and lights.

#77373 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

You can see why I need something with a higher/bigger boot.

Chair squeeze

Mine

#77375 Reply

Philjb

Both cars have such different lines, they look completely different even in what they call the same colour.

My chair folds up lighter. I have a larger one too, but prefer the lighter one now.

My physio is trying to get me up onto a frame more but it’s just too hard and the last thing I need is falling again.

#77388 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I can still walk short distances with a stick but as I have serve damage that has given my feet no feeling on the surface but agony next to the bone(stick a needle in and nothing, press lightly and hot sharp coals) it’s something I try to avoid(pain is there 100% of the time even with feet not touching anything).

I am sick of falling, I have to take low dose aspirin because of my CAD/Factor 5 Leiden and I look like a blue/purple/yellow patchwork quilt, not being able to feel your feet means you either have to look at every step you take of trust to chance and she’s a cruel mistress, I stumble/fall/stub toes or feet about half a dozen times a day.

I’m 6’2″ and 19st so the kinds of chair I can have is limited to the more robust and the puma is about the smallest I could find that can cope with the job easily, I have a Titan that the seat removes and takes up less room but it’s not as comfortable and is slower and rear wheel steer and harder to control.

#77401 Reply

Russell

Ford Focus ST-3  Estate colour tangerine scream.

#77409 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Russell that looks fab

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#77414 Reply

Trev

Can see that with a backdrop of the Fast n Furious set Russell, looks quick.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#77490 Reply

Russell

Its a nice car the ST, but the seats Kill my back, photo was taken other day so the car is still in pristine condition as I have really looked after it, I will miss that extra power and Torque when needed. but it goes back next month.

#77507 Reply

Philjb

Vinalspin

you sound very much like me I have same, but I get weird exactly the same symptoms but they put it all down to a condition I have called Ankylosis spondylitis and a severe kyphosis.

Plus heart land lung disease.

I was 19 stone but lost 6 stone by starving?  ?

So I have a lighter weight chair and a walking frame for getting up mostly

so I had a people carrier now I don’t need the running costs

#78056 Reply

Teddy

I wanted to note down my initial thoughts on my BMW after 4 days.  I am ashamed to say I haven’t taken any photographs yet. Will try and do that this week.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Model / Colour / Options</span>

BMW 218i SE Convertible in Sunset Orange Metallic. 8 Speed Automatic. No options apart from ‘model designation deletion’.

Things I like:

• The electric roof, which is super.
    • The colour, it’s a knockout. Very pleased with my choice.
    • Refinement. Quieter than I expected when the roof is up. Comparable to a ‘normal’ car.
    • Pillarless design so the cabin is light and visibility is excellent even with the roof up.
    • One button to raise (or lower) all four windows at once.
    • Interior space – more than you would imagine in a small convertible. Rear seats are useable.
    • Access to the front seats is easy for me (I could not get my legs into an MX5).
    • The I-Drive system which controls entertainment / sat nav etc. Very user friendly.
    • Speed limiter on the steering wheel, simple to set for 30 / 40 / 70 or whatever.

Things I don’t like so much:

• Massive key fob with nowhere to slot it.
    • No cruise control as standard (although speed limiter is almost as useful in certain situations).
    • Not all displays / buttons are easily visible at my preferred seat height.
    • That 3 cylinder engine. Hmm the jury’s out on the engine, it’s fairly smooth though a bit uninspiring. Hopefully I may like it more when its run in and so can be taken out to higher RPMs.

I will add to this as time goes on.  If anyone has any questions, please ask away.  I forgot to say the dealership were great, I had the full cloth covered unveiling shenanigans and came away with about 3/4 of a tank of petrol, which was a nice bonus.

#78061 Reply

Mike

Hot weekend Teddy coming up so please take some lovely photos in the countryside with the roof down ! How is the automatic gearbox I’m told it’s better than my 7 speed dsg in my Golf ? Can you higher the drivers seat is it low to get in and out ?

#78065 Reply

Teddy

Hi Mike

The gearbox seems very good so far, it’s certainly very smooth changing. One thing that might help those with restricted movement is that you don’t actually move the shifter as in a normal auto, ie pushing up to Park, and down to Drive etc. With this one you just tap it very gently down, (or up) but it physically stays in the centre. Sounds a little odd but is very easy.

I had a Mk 7 Golf with the DSG box as my last but one car and I thought that was a good gearbox too, never gave any problems.

The seats can be raised / lowered to suit. With the SE trim level you don’t get sports seats so I think that helps getting in and out as the seat base is very flat without deep sides to get over.

#78107 Reply

Just2Fish

Hi vinalspin what make are your wind deflectors please? They look good and I want to get some for my Alhambra but had problems fitting some on a Golf (maybe my fault). Thanks.

#78133 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

They are the HEKO one’s, best out there, I could only find the set of 4 when I was looking and after I fitted them and took the photo I removed the 2 rear one’s as they just cause problems and don’t really serve any useful purpose and interfere with the window operation.

You can now get just the front’s on ebay for about 25 quid and are a P O P to fit. Here’s the item No for a set 183463199825 on ebay.

You’re welcome to the 2 rear one’s I’ve got in my shed if you can come get them.

#78137 Reply

JS

Very good insight and thoughts, very helpful, and great info for those concidering it.

#78147 Reply

Just2Fish

Thanks for the info vinalspin, I’ll take your advice and just get the front ones.

#79135 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Here’s our Kuga Vignale, delivered March 2019. We love it. I did a full review of it, which you can see here: https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/full-review-of-ford-kuga-vignale-1-5t-176ps-auto/

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Mota cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#82204 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Had the Tuscon over 4 months now and 5000 miles completed. Yesterday had a 6 hour 260 mile round trip and returned home far more refreshed than in my previous three cars (X1, Octavia and 1 series). No back issues or after effects today and the tech and safety features made the journey very relaxed. Fuel consumption was 43 going and 44.5 coming back which included some urban but mainly motorway. Averaging about 38 -39 overall, not bad for a heavy SUV petrol auto and just 3 mpg shy of our old petrol X1. No real gripes about the car at all. Very decent performance great equipment levels and a very good Sat Nav/Entertainment. Just £1799AP now.

#98269 Reply

Odellser

Free

BBCode you used is not allowed.

hosting software

#99182 Reply

oldenstar
    Participant

Thought it only fair to report on our new car having had it for one month now, including one 700 mile round trip.

Car is a Citroen C5 Aircross, 2lt diesel Flair Plus. Hefty AP but I had saved up.

Basically I love it!! Read the reviews and they say the suspension is too soft, but so what .. I’m not interested in speeding round windy roads at my time of life!

It has ALL the toys, and I LOVE the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Guidance .. once I got the hang of it that is.

it is ultra comfortable, quiet, and has bags of oomph if you need it. First car that I had to slow down at the top of Telegraph Hill using Cruise Conttol.  47mpg on the long trip, will do 600 miles on one fill, and basically I can’t fault.

Hth someone

Paul

Viewing 24 replies - 426 through 449 (of 449 total)
Reply To: Forum Members cars

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: