Forum Members cars

This topic contains 449 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  oldenstar 4 days, 15 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #44731 Reply

JS

Model: Hyundai Tucson 1.7crdi premium

Transmission: automatic 7 speed DCT

Colour: White sand

Cost: ordered Q3 £2199 (with £200 discount) no added cost options,

Option/Extra’s: Beige leather interior (no cost option on the premium)

Mpg: still breaking in (600) around town I’m getting 34/on a trip 47 (still improving was 31/43) mixture of driving styles due to breaking in

Pro’s: seating/driving position is great, heated seats, full electric adjustment including lumber and front edge of seat, steering wheel adjusts in/out up/down. Gear box is smooth The rear and front sensors are great detects rear cross traffic, blind spot, the projection cornering light are brilliant. Overall fantastic roomy/ comfortable and responsive car once set up auto lights wipers etc is simply get in and drive.

Con’s: haven’t come across any issue with the car yet, a little niggle is having to press the parking sensors on as it resets on occasions. Hyundai doesn’t offer extras it would be nice to be able to add if I had a choice electric tailgate/push start, and memory seats would be nice.

Recommend?: 100% worth a look, and a test drive.

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 449 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #72461 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Most of our journeys are around 5-9 miles in urban traffic, so a diesel made no sense. I’d have had to do a special motorway trip to give the DPF a chance.

We love how quiet and responsive this engine is. And all the toys. Also, it was +£600 for the diesel, which we didn’t really have.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Mota cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#72536 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

A quick review of the Tucson which I have now had a fortnight.

Very well equipped with lots of safety kit, lane keep assistant, blind spot, rear cross traffic adaptive cruise etc. Electric seats, heated and ventilated, heated steering wheel too. Sat Nav very good, with excellent traffic alerts, wireless charge, smart tailgate and panoramic sunroof. Nicely put together and a smart interior.  It’s good to drive, grips the road well, has little body roll and is quick, if needed. Looks good, particularly the front and alloys. Fuel economy is reasonable.

#72640 Reply

Ronny

Hi everyone! A little update, not driven much as had 2 chest infections and ended up in hospital again, I did take a trip over to my parents though, lovely drive, really comfortable, I absolutely love the car !!! And a cracking MPG, just under 80mpg, but we will see how it levels out over time. Will keep you posted. Mini Countryman PHEV SE Sport

#72644 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s great economy Ronny is it a hybrid ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#72648 Reply

eame64

Good looking Phev Ronny and a nice colour combo.

Had ours since December and your right they are great fun to drive and very comfortable as well as practical.

Our you getting a home charger fitted? if so make sure you order before April as i believe the OLEV grant is stopping.

Had our rolec 7kw fitted in february and after the grant cost £334.

#72650 Reply

POPS

That’s a really eye catching car Ronny.

#72653 Reply

Trev

Very nice Ronny, love the green.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#72656 Reply

eame64
    Participant

Here is our Countryman Phev.And here is the Charger.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

#72658 Reply

Trev

Nice one eame64, jealous as my housing association won’t allow me to have a charger installed – hopefully in a few years time they will have changed their policy.

#72659 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

How far do you get on a single charge.

Good looking car.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#72661 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

How long does it take to charge battery Young Ronny ?

#72663 Reply

eame64
    Participant

How far do you get on a single charge. Good looking car.

Official figures are up to 26 miles, but in reality you are looking at 18-22 in summer and about 14 in winter.

It suits us perfect though as we drive in save mode until we reach urban areas then just switch to Max ev mode.

When i do use it for slightly longer runs which is rare the hybrid system works well regenerating the battery.

It takes just over 2 hours to recharge fully with the home charger.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

#72664 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Thanks for that, good info.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#72865 Reply

Ronny

Hi, Charge takes a couple of hours if on 10%, not long, easy enough to do. And if I’m shopping I can top up when I’m out as I have a separate candle for that, very easy.  I Absolutely love the car, the change from electric to petrol is seamless and it really quick. I feel safe and very comfortable. One happy fella !

#73006 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Second tank of fuel on the Tucson and an average of 39mpg, pretty good for a “thirsty” 177ps  dct petrol engine.

#73013 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s very good mpg for size and weight of the car in petrol form

#76392 Reply

crazyDiamond

No photos yet but i’ll take a couple soon its a Nissan juke Tekna with orange highlighting ie wheels,stitching on the seats,round the front bumpers centre consol etc…….. i rekon pics will be easier than explaining

#77351 Reply

Mossfinn

#77352 Reply

Mossfinn

#77353 Reply

Mossfinn

#77354 Reply

Mossfinn

#77355 Reply

Mossfinn

This is my new CX5 Sports Nav+ 2L petrol. Picked it up last week and have to say it is a fantastic car. Very pleased with it.

#77356 Reply

Trev

Striking, Sexy, Gorgeous….Very nice Moss. I got the sport nav+ but in manual, same colour….amazing car.

#77357 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

What a beauty as gorgeous as Esther Mcvey

#77360 Reply

POPS

Stunning Mossfinn …. That’s a big thumbs up from me!

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 449 total)
Reply To: Forum Members cars

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: