• Creator
    Topic
    JS
    Participant

Model: Hyundai Tucson 1.7crdi premium

Transmission: automatic 7 speed DCT

Colour: White sand

Cost: ordered Q3 £2199 (with £200 discount) no added cost options,

Option/Extra’s: Beige leather interior (no cost option on the premium)

Mpg: still breaking in (600) around town I’m getting 34/on a trip 47 (still improving was 31/43) mixture of driving styles due to breaking in

Pro’s: seating/driving position is great, heated seats, full electric adjustment including lumber and front edge of seat, steering wheel adjusts in/out up/down. Gear box is smooth The rear and front sensors are great detects rear cross traffic, blind spot, the projection cornering light are brilliant. Overall fantastic roomy/ comfortable and responsive car once set up auto lights wipers etc is simply get in and drive.

Con’s: haven’t come across any issue with the car yet, a little niggle is having to press the parking sensors on as it resets on occasions. Hyundai doesn’t offer extras it would be nice to be able to add if I had a choice electric tailgate/push start, and memory seats would be nice.

Recommend?: 100% worth a look, and a test drive.

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 529 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Philjb

But yes I will tell the insurance first and get it ok’d before I fit it . ??

Allan

I was looking to order a Tiguan Rline tech but it’s not on motability the r line as also been removed

Allan

Wondering if any one else was looking to order one and if they have any news if it will be on motability soon

toshibadog01
            Participant

Hi all,

This is my Skoda Soperb 220tsi DSG SEL Executive in Business Grey.

Lease will be up in August and I will miss it terribly if it goes.

Skoda has stopped production of this engine, and I don’t fancy the 1.5 tsi.

After some good information on  this forum, I’m now hoping to renew my  lease

for 2 more years.

Side

Trev
              Participant

love the Superb toshibadog01, if it weren’t for needing an suv last time around, that would have been on our list

toshibadog01
                Participant

Yes Trev. It’s honestly the best car I’ve owned. It’s super quick, rides like a dream although it’s no sports car.

Also, in the last couple of years with it the petrol consumption has been almost as good as my last Insignia 2.0 diesel.

It’s got all the toys. Adaptive cruise control is brilliant, DSG box is fab, great electric seats and no diesel clatter.

Luv it!

FloozW

Found this forum while searching for info researching for car number 6 on Motability.

I’ve loved reading all about your cars, and am quite jealous some of you managed to get a VW Tiguan!  The AP was over the limit I set myself (or more accurate, the limit my husband sets).

Currently have a Hyundai Tucson, 2.00l diesel, auto, 186ps, in what appears to be the most popular (common) colour, white sand!

Next car now ordered, BMW X2, strive, sport trim.  Couldn’t decide on colour; mineral white was nice, but just not keen on white bmw’s, and have had the frustration of black cars previously, so opted for ‘sparkling storm’ despite dealer not having the colour sample ??.  Nervous about colour now.

Originally had my heart set on the Audi Q2, but no climate control ?, and I wouldn’t be able to operate the cruise control, on a stalk, left side of steering wheel, as I have limited feeling on my left side.

Glad to see someone (Richard?) pointed out the good service from Cooper BMW at Malton, as i’ve ordered from them.  After Stratstone in Hull didn’t seem keen on arranging any test drive.

I tried the Active Tourer too, which was a nice car, but just not ‘me’;  I’m trying to still have fun driving while I can??

JS
                    Participant

Welcome Floozw and welcome to the Forum.

funny you say about colour as I went for the Tucson in white sand and Beige interior just over a year ago and went on a bit of gamble as then had none to see and at that time the salesperson had not come across that combination, I must admit I looked at the black but didn’t like the contrast between the paint work and plastic wheel surrounds, my other choice would of been the the silver one they did yet at the time the sales man said by far the bright blue they did was the most popular yet again the contrast with the black stood out for my liking.  Certain car sales look better in certain colours and each to there own but I must admit I like the likes of the X1/2/5 etc in the whites and silver variants as they look more solid. It’s amazing now the choices available and must say having parked by a few even the New Browns are growing on me. Thanks for your input and keep us updated on progress, it’s a great help to a lot of people as weird as it sounds I’m sure a lot on here will like to know how you found the seats on the X2 as a few had an issue with the X1 seats (I’m assuming they are different but not sure). I like the seats in the Tucson but like most manufacturers I wish they would duplicate the passengers seat the same as the drivers as I’m sure in a lot of cases it’s not always the driver that would benefit from the extra functions.

FloozW
                      Participant

Thanks for the welcome JS.

Interesting what you say about the seats in the Tucson – I hate them!  I’ve been sat on a cushion for 3 years: although to be honest, that might be my boney rear! ?

I let my husband choose the colour, and being practical, he chose the white sand as “it doesn’t show the dirt like some of the others”; my preference was moonrock!  He sold it to me too as he’s a car salesman for a Hyundai dealer?

I’m excited about the X2, although will admit to choosing with my heart and not my head, just hope I don’t regret it!  Oh well, it’s only for 3 years.

As for the brown; I wanted a ‘bright’ colour to cheer up the sea of white, silver, grey, black, which seems to be all I see, and much as I loved the metallic orange, I wasn’t sure it would look right on the X2, so went for the brown just to get away from the ‘norm’! ??

Participant

Please put photos on when you get it

Georgie

Hurrah!  Just learned the ‘Build week’ for my VW GT – 04/03/2019.  So a week in ‘Build’ + paperwork, a week ‘in transit’ to the docks + paperwork, two weeks to ship it . . .   Yup.  It’ll arrive in Britain at the end of March/ start of April – just in time to sit in a field for who knows how long while nobody knows what’s going on.

Trev
                            Participant

Welcome to the forum FloozW, so when is delivery expected of the X2?

Hey Georgie, that’s fantastic news – weather should hopefully start drying out by then too, so your field isn’t too muddy lol

FloozW
                              Participant

Welcome to the forum FloozW, so when is delivery expected of the X2?

Change date is 29th April, so fingers crossed!  One dealer told me 8 weeks lead time, another said 12 weeks, so we’ll see! ?

Trev
                                Participant

Less than 12 weeks to go! exciting FloozW.

Ronny

Hi All, Very Excited, Im picking up my new car on Monday, Mini Countryman PHEV Sport! Had a few extras put on to personalise so pics to follow…

I Ordered the first week in Febuary and its ready to pick up on Monday, Such an easy well managed purchase, I used Mini in Reading, very very good service and great sales guy. Highly Recommend !

Rene
                                    Participant

Well, we ordered our first car last week and haven’t had a quiet minute since then, just planning to buy things for the car, planning trips, searching for a name (yeah, it’s our first car on the scheme and in general).

Lava Blue Seat Ateca 1.5 TSI DSG, Excellence Lux. Estimated lead time around 12 weeks (well, we’ll see).

Genuinely chuffed about it.

Ateca

Even future father in law was excited (doesn’t make sense without knowing him, but take my word on it that it’s rare).

Prior: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
                                      Current: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

JS
                                      Participant

Well done Rene

really chuffed for you (and if you knew me you would know that’s rare lol).

This is my favourite thread.

The ‘happiness’ shines through.

Rene
                                          Participant

Cheers JS, genuinely excited for it.

Mach Loop, NC500.. So many things to do now. The person i’m caring for hasn’t seen that much of the country (nor do i, not born here) – so roadtrips will be plenty. 😀

Prior: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
                                            Current: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

Trev
                                            Participant

Nice one Ronny, will certainly look forward to the pics, that’s a very quick turn-around which is a bonus.

I’ll be running the Reading Half Marathon a week Sunday – so don’t go knocking me down please! lol

Well done Rene too, lots of toys in the xcellence lux and that’s the engine that superseded the 1.4 i had, lovely engine with good fuel economy.

Brydo
                                              Participant

Rene “I shall say this only once” really hope you enjoy the car lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                                                Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Georgie

Ronnie and Rene – I know the feeling!  Les than a month until I collect my new VW GT.  Exciting, isn’t it. 🙂

Participant

We’re getting excited about picking up our Kuga Vignale next Thursday!

Current car: 2024 Renault Austral Iconic FHD. AP £3,995 +£570 for hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
                                                    2013 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
                                                    2016 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto.
                                                    2019 Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

fwippers
                                                    Participant

quick pic of the new car has not uploaded!

fwippers
                                                      Participant

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 529 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.