Forum Management

• Creator
    Topic
  • #33492 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Wordpress is a terrible platform for a useful forum like this. Fake accounts flooding with spam, very little structure, no decent search facility.

Grand C-Max 2.0 tdci zetec - Autochair 80Kg Hoist
    Kuga 2.0 tdci zetec - Autochair 80Kg Hoist
    Kuga 1.5 eco 176ps awd auto titanium x - Autochair 80Kg Hoist- lease extended by 2 years due to horrendous AP to replace.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #33521 Reply
    POPS

Moody, thanks for your input. I don’t have the tools to deal with an attack of this volume. I can delete some  spam posts but not others. I’ve emailed the site owner who will deal with the problem.

If any of our posters have technical skills and feel they could offer advice or solutions to this ongoing problem, I would be very grateful. Please bear with us guys and gals.

#33851 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Not a critisism of how the site is run at all and I do appreciate it’s often “one man against the world”.   Just a general observation on the WordPress platform

Kuga 1.5 eco 176ps awd auto titanium x - Autochair 80Kg Hoist- lease extended by 2 years due to horrendous AP to replace.

#33866 Reply
    POPS

Thanks for your thoughts Moody. Is there a platform that you feel is particularly good at blocking spammers?

#34301 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sorry for the spam of late, I guess the nights are drawing in and the Russian spam machine decided to overpower us. We have some new software that is fighting them up in the Cloud and so far it’s working 100%, we have a 7 day trial before committing, so fingers crossed.

#34305 Reply
    POPS

Fingers and toes crossed lol!

#34329 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

seems to have cracked the spam issue – but can’t post web page links – get message that “it looks like spam”

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #34305 in Forum Management
Your information: