Ford Puma

• Creator
    Topic
  • #161675 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Ordered one this week, st-line x vignale 1.0 ltr 153ps.Actually went in the dealership to test drive the focus active x-line and never even considered the puma as it looked too small for our requirements.Wrong! The boot is cavernous (for the car size) 456 ltrs plus another 80 ltrs under the boot cover in what they call the megabox which has a removable plug so you can bung your wellies in it and wash them off if you’re a dog owner,very handy for me.Overall it’s a very nice little SUV with a very sporty drive and perfect for me and the other half for everyday use,but you can also pack a load of stuff in the boot for your staycation.AP was £595 for the manual version but if you speak to Lee Harris at FordHendy Portsmouth and quote the mota clarity offer of up to £350 off you will hopefully get £250 off offer like I did. Didn’t end up ordering from him because I used that offer as leverage for  my local dealer and they matched it.Extremely surprised and delighted,in all honesty,to get anything off with the current climate (any Ford AP reduction offers are rare anyway) for new vehicles so well worth asking the question.Just the question of delivery time now,quoted early December but expecting 6 months minimum at least!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #161680 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Nice looking car Mike and you can get them in some really nice colours. I suspect that your estimate of 6 months minimum is bang on, but at that price it’s worth the wait.

#161692 Reply
    Georgie

Great news, Mike!  I’m up for renewal at the end of the year and the Vignale is at the top of my ‘shopping list’.  Portsmouth is only 30 minutes away.

Just have to hope it’s still available when it’s my turn.

Which colour did you go for?  I want one in ‘Desert Island’ blue.

#161697 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Thanks guys.

Georgie we’ve gone for the agate black.Tough choice though as the magnetic(grey)is very nice also.The vignale is not super spec’d but front sensors were a must for us and the heated lumbar seats will be nice I hope.

#161704 Reply
    ajn

Great stuff Mike hope it’s with you soon👍

#161716 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m wondering if Desert Island Blue is the colour of the one that I see in our village, as it’s a lovely shade of blue. Magnetic is a really nice grey with lots of sparkle. I bought a Focus in that colour for one of my daughters. Mike – Unless you have experience of black, I’d think very carefully. I’ve had a few black cars but won’t ever get one again. They look lovely when clean but it lasts a matter of hours before you get a film of dust over it that dulls it. Black also shows every mark and when you clean it you get greasy ‘swirls’ on the paintwork that are nigh on impossible to remove. TBH I find black to be even harder to keep clean than white! Your choice obviously, but I thought I’d just mention it just incase you haven’t had black before. You can change colour right up to the point that the order gets locked down for production if you change your mind.

#161742 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Thanks for the advice Glos Guy.Desert IslandBlue is the only blue available on the vignale trim,Blazer Blue (dark navy) is available with other trims but the dealership I went to said they’d only ever sold 1 car in that colour! I will seriously think about the black as I’m not a serial cleaner,and the Megnatic and Desert Island Blue (wife liked that one Georgie so maybe one for the ladies) are I think £150 options on Motability so not bad at all.

#161752 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Glos Guy.Desert IslandBlue is the only blue available on the vignale trim,Blazer Blue (dark navy) is available with other trims but the dealership I went to said they’d only ever sold 1 car in that colour! I will seriously think about the black as I’m not a serial cleaner,and the Megnatic and Desert Island Blue (wife liked that one Georgie so maybe one for the ladies) are I think £150 options on Motability so not bad at all.

Just looked it up Mike and yes, Desert Island Blue is the colour of the one I have seen. I thought it looked lovely but I like quite bright blues. I am clearly in touch with my feminine side 😂. Funnily enough, my wife doesn’t like bright blues on cars. She prefers the darker (more boring) ones. You have a choice of some nice colours with Ford though, unlike the German marques where the colour palette is pretty limited.

#161766 Reply
    Georgie

DH’s last two TT’s were both a very similar shade to the Desert Island Blue and they looked fantastic.  When we had the first blue one the shade was still quite rare, but now it’s all over the place – because it’s such a brilliant colour. 😀

Too true about the front sensors, Mike – the Vignale (as I’m sure you know) is the only one to have them fitted as standard and they’re a necessity for me, too.  The heated seats are a bonus.

#161969 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

How they try and pass the puma off as an “SUV” is beyond me! 🙈🙉🙊

#166393 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Update

E-Mail received today advising delivery date of 11th December!

Would be delighted if it happens then as it would be smack on 4 months from order to delivery.Got the dreaded ‘subject to change’ though as well,so will keenly await promised next update in another months time.

#166394 Reply
    Djw38uk

I’ve ordered my last three cars from Lee at Hendy Portsmouth and had a decent discount on each one.

In fact I did a 200 mile round trip for the last one as he made it well worth my while…….

#166528 Reply
    Georgie

Only 4 months would be brilliant in the current circs!  Fingers crossed.

#166591 Reply
    John Morris

My brother picked up his Puma ST in mad a Green 5 months ago and sold it this month for 2k more than he paid!!  The puma is an excellent car

#166600 Reply
    Georgie

Think Ford in Guildford don’t seem to want to let me have a Vignale.

I rang them on Friday to arrange a test drive but none of the 3 Motab reps was in that day.

Called on Saturday and was told someone would call me back.  They didn’t.

Called first thing on Monday and managed to speak to someone – Me: “Can I have the Test Drive from home?” Him: “I’ll have to ask my boss.  I’ll call you back.”  He didn’t.

Called Tuesday morning – Someone will call back.

Finally (5.15pm) got an email saying I couldn’t have a test drive from home. Me via email: “Okay – I’ll come up to you then.  Could it be tomorrow (today), Thursday or Friday?”  Him: “I’m out tomorrow and Thursday but there are a couple of other people you can talk to.”

That was that.

Rang first thing this morning to try to arrange a Test Drive and guess what?  “Someone will call you back . . . ”

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Ford Puma
Your information: