Ford Kuga ST Line X Edition

• Creator
    Topic
  • #135912 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Just collected today all contactless collection. Very happy with first impressions.

Cars On Motability
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
    Vauxhall Antara
    Skoda Superb Estate
    Seat Alhambra
    Seat Tarraco
    Ford Kuga

Viewing 11 replies - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138195 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Comfortablynumb- Not wishing to interfere in your choice, but I note that you said that you would have preferred an auto. My best mate (not disabled) decided to save a few quid on one of his previous cars (private purchase) and he got a manual. Every time I went in that car with him during the 3 or 4 years he had it, he told me he regretted not getting an auto (which he has now reverted to). The irony is he’s a multi millionaire, but he’s not into cars at all and begrudges spending too much on them 😂 I sense you might be wavering a bit regarding your choice, so just thought I’d throw this in before you are beyond the point of no return!

Not at all Glos Guy, I welcome any and all thoughts and suggestions. I certainly am wavering but that is par for the course for me for any purchase.

The problem with the Kuga range of engines and drivetrains is that the one I would prefer (petrol, auto, self-charging hybrid) is not available on Motability: 2.5 Duratec 190ps FHEV Auto.

I don’t want diesel really as my mileage doesn’t justify it, so apart from the FHEV that just leaves the 1.5 petrol manual or the 2.5 petrol PHEV auto.

Anyway, I’ve dropped an email to the dealer this morning to let them know I may not be proceeding with the order or at the very least I will not be accepting the vehicle until such times as lockdown ends and I can have a proper test drive in an equivalent car.

As it happened, I was driving back from town this morning past our local Hyundai dealer and there were a couple of lovely new Tucsons in their compound which warranted a quick stop and a gander through the fence. I’ll join the list of interested punters awaiting news of this on the scheme.

#138198 Reply
    sif

I was told the same recently re Ford, they would give 600 off paint.

#138205 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I know what you mean about the engine and transmission choices on the Kuga Comfortablynumb. Very restrictive. We don’t need a diesel any longer, but an auto is a must. We also prefer 4WD so that means having to have the diesel with the Kuga. I would consider a PHEV but the Kuga version has had mixed reviews due to the CVT transmission (as, to be fair, have many PHEV vehicles of other makes) and they all seem to be 2WD. I’ve been waiting to see if the 2.0TSi Tiguan Elegance 4WD Auto will join the scheme but no sign of it being released yet. However, I am now wondering if the PHEV Tiguan might join Motability when it is released. The price would suggest not, but the Volvo XC40 Recharge PHEV has just joined the scheme and is £43k. I suspect that there are a lot more Tiguans on the Motability scheme than XC40’s, so I am now thinking it’s possible. Try as I might, I cannot get excited about any of the cars on my shortlist as none tick every box. Although we can order in March we might just sit tight and wait to see if any surprises occur in the coming months.

#140405 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Hi @HoneyMonster

Hope you are enjoying the Kuga.

Just looking another bit of info if you don’t mind. I was given permission to go and view my ST Line X Kuga this morning at the dealer’s PDI facility before my handover next week. Unfortunately it was a very quick chaperoned viewing and no real hands on opportunity to examine all the features as no keys were supplied. My overall impression was very favourable but a few things have come into my head since and never got to ask.

Are the front indicators on your Kuga the LED strip type and are these only available with the adaptable headlights? Do the normal LED lights only have the triangular indicator?

Does your Kuga have the hands free tailgate? Does the tailgate also open from a switch inside the car as well as the fob and also a manual press of the actual tailgate button?

The car I viewed today surprisingly has a rear camera but I couldn’t see that as a standard item on the ST Line X so I’m wondering if the car may be fitted with the driver assistance pack as that is the only option I can see that includes a rear camera. (didn’t notice any front camera but wasn’t specifically looking for it). I’m a bit wary of asking the dealer in case he is looking an extra £1000 if the assistance pack is fitted.

Any thoughts/help would be much appreciated.

#140410 Reply
    Des

The PHEV version of this is at the top of my list at the moment. As with all PHEVs it’s got a big ap which will be hard to get, but I’m thinking that hopefully over the 3 maybe 4 years i would be compensated with fuel costs.

#140416 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Hello comfortablynumb .

I have the adaptable headlamps on mine so not sure what is on the standard fit ones re indicators.

There have been a lot of changes to spec, I am led to believe on the mk3 kuga facebook page,  that titanium edition spec upwards now has reverse camera as standard. But as spec seems to change every few months hard to keep track.

The tailgate on mine does open, shut from keyfob, button on tailgate and inside tailgate, waving foot and dashboard button near light controls.

Cars On Motability
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
    Vauxhall Antara
    Skoda Superb Estate
    Seat Alhambra
    Seat Tarraco
    Ford Kuga

#140426 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Hello comfortablynumb . I have the adaptable headlamps on mine so not sure what is on the standard fit ones re indicators. There have been a lot of changes to spec, I am led to believe on the mk3 kuga facebook page, that titanium edition spec upwards now has reverse camera as standard. But as spec seems to change every few months hard to keep track. The tailgate on mine does open, shut from keyfob, button on tailgate and inside tailgate, waving foot and dashboard button near light controls.

Thanks @HoneyMonster

Just checked out that Facebook page and seems it will be a mine of information.

#140427 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Which colour have you gone for ?

Cars On Motability
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
    Vauxhall Antara
    Skoda Superb Estate
    Seat Alhambra
    Seat Tarraco
    Ford Kuga

#140428 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Which colour have you gone for ?

Solar silver…had a lovely sort of matt grey look one minute then silver shine the next. Was your fave choice after the red wasn’t it?

#140429 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

It was yes. there are some good pictures up of that colour in different lights. Showing how it changes as you say almost looks grey in certain conditions.  Just a nice run out in mine today, to hospital and back 140 mile round trip. Still only 600 odd miles on clock so its getting there. Managed to clean it and get all road salt of as it looked half grey 🙂 

Cars On Motability
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
    Vauxhall Antara
    Skoda Superb Estate
    Seat Alhambra
    Seat Tarraco
    Ford Kuga

#140434 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

It was yes. there are some good pictures up of that colour in different lights. Showing how it changes as you say almost looks grey in certain conditions. Just a nice run out in mine today, to hospital and back 140 mile round trip. Still only 600 odd miles on clock so its getting there. Managed to clean it and get all road salt of as it looked half grey 🙂

Lovely jubbly.

Viewing 11 replies - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
Reply To: Ford Kuga ST Line X Edition
Your information: