Ford Kuga ST Line X Edition

• Creator
    Topic
  • #135912 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Just collected today all contactless collection. Very happy with first impressions.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135931 Reply
    MickC

I am so jealous,but only if its the 190ps auto AWD,thats me just pulling your leg,i am jealous tho.

Do some more pics of the interior.

When did you order and how long did it take for it to come ?

#135934 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Order confirmation on 12 October so 3 months. And yes it is a 190 ps AWD Auto.

#135937 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

#135940 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Very nice HoneyMonster. I have exactly the same car on our shortlist, as it is the closest in power and spec to our current Tiguan 2.0TDi 190PS 4WD auto. I think the only option I would want to add is the Technology Pack, which at £400 seems very reasonable for adaptive headlights and head-up display. My only concern is that we were hoping to move away from diesel next time. I haven’t driven the new Kuga but have been in a Galaxy with the same engine and I thought that the engine noise and exterior road noise seemed excessive, certainly compared to the BMW’s and even VW’s that we have had in recent years. How are you finding these aspects? Hopefully, with an all new car they have invested in better sound proofing. Love your colour choice. Out of interest, as that’s a premium colour did you have to pay the difference in cost above metallic colours or was it free?

#135941 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Looks great, lovely colour too

#135942 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Glos Guy the car I had to hand back last September. Was a six month old Tarraco 190ps AWD so basically a Tiguan allspace. My last 3 cars have been VAG group so having to learn the technology in this one.

But after 40 miles done today. I am impressed. I find it quieter than Tarraco, Maybe the 8 speed box in kuga helping as at 60mph it only seems to be at 1500 rpm so just idling .

The intelligent adaptive cruise is brilliant changing to whatever speed limit on road with overide from throttle as required. I was lucky as option i didn’t tick was winter pack but i getting a 2021 edition model it comes with winter pack as standard now on the st linex Edition.

I have a 150 mile round trip to hospital this week so then it will get a proper test. I paid the extra above the standard metallic

#135949 Reply
    MickC

Ta for the extra pics HM,see you have something i have not seen before and thats the rear door,door flip out door guards,only ever seen them on front doors.Be careful with them they can become detached.Heated rear seats too.

I am almost 100% sure that the car you have,will be my next car,i will have it in a different colour tho,as my current car is Ruby Red metallic which was Lucid Reds predecessor,maybe i will go for Solar Silver.

Looking fwd to hearing your further thoughts and impressions.

#135953 Reply
    joss

Well done HoneyMonster. While not a fan of the kuga it does look nice. Enjoy.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135963 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Can I ask you a great big favour Honey Monster? I understand if it isn’t possible.

RIDC still haven’t revied the new shape Kuga. Could you possibly measure the height of the tailgate opening please? We need 82cm for the hoist and our current Kuga – old shape – barely has that. I need to start car shopping in a few months.

Cheers.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#135975 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos Guy the car I had to hand back last September. Was a six month old Tarraco 190ps AWD so basically a Tiguan allspace. My last 3 cars have been VAG group so having to learn the technology in this one. But after 40 miles done today. I am impressed. I find it quieter than Tarraco, Maybe the 8 speed box in kuga helping as at 60mph it only seems to be at 1500 rpm so just idling . The intelligent adaptive cruise is brilliant changing to whatever speed limit on road with overide from throttle as required. I was lucky as option i didn’t tick was winter pack but i getting a 2021 edition model it comes with winter pack as standard now on the st linex Edition. I have a 150 mile round trip to hospital this week so then it will get a proper test. I paid the extra above the standard metallic

Thanks HoneyMonster. That’s useful to know. Like others, I shall be very interested to hear about your experiences over time, particularly mpg and performance. With our 190PS Tiguan I cannot drive it in Eco mode as there’s too much lag, and I also find that there is an occasional lag when you put your foot down to overtake even in standard mode and I have taken to dropping it into sport mode whenever I overtake on an A road to avoid this. Never had any of these issues with BMW diesels, which I drove in Eco permanently yet were always s**t off a shovel and we’re never lacking for power! I’m quite a fan of big powerful Fords, having had a Granada Scorpio 2.9 and a Scorpio Cosworth 24v years ago and one of my daughter has a 1.0 100PS Focus which is lovely to drive, but the one negative I have noticed with Fords in recent years has been the very poor sound insulation where it can almost sound as though a door is slightly ajar, especially on wet roads. The Sat Nav / ICE looks a bit dated compared to the current offerings from the likes of BMW and Audi but I find the system in our VW to be dire, so will also be interested to hear how you find these issues compared to your Tarraco.

#135976 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ta for the extra pics HM,see you have something i have not seen before and thats the rear door,door flip out door guards,only ever seen them on front doors.Be careful with them they can become detached.Heated rear seats too. I am almost 100% sure that the car you have,will be my next car,i will have it in a different colour tho,as my current car is Ruby Red metallic which was Lucid Reds predecessor,maybe i will go for Solar Silver. Looking fwd to hearing your further thoughts and impressions.

If we go for the Kuga I can see us going for Solar Silver also. I was quite set on Magnetic, as that’s a much nicer / more metallic grey than the Indium Grey metallic on our Tiguan (our daughters Focus is Magnetic), but then I was having a look at them on Auto Trader (given that dealer visits are off at present) and I thought that the Solar Silver looked even better. It looks like quite a dark silver, which I like, but as with all cars and all colours, I would want to see one ‘in the flesh’ before deciding.

#136004 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

MickC the solar silver is lovely in the flesh almost a grey in certain lights. It was my second choice colour. But my wife loved bright colours and as this seemed the brightest i got this one in her memory.

#136006 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Confusicated as the rear roof slopes more down on current model the rear opening is slightly smaller height wise. I just measured and 77.5 cm height and 110.5 cm wide.

#136009 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Looks much better with the tow bar attached. Was it a factory fit? Does it rotate, flip up or remove? Is there a designated place for storage if detachable?

#136011 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

WMC It is electric folding and locking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqfBhdi7y1k

#136015 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

That is majestic!
    I am so out of touch with tow bar technology.
    If it’s not too rude? Was it expensive?

#136017 Reply
    machoco

My mum had a 2.9 cosworth granada scorpio and they had the comfiest back seats in any car ive been in apart from luxury cars nowadays.

Was quick for the day but they only 8.8 to 60 and 195hp but i still think of it and i was only a child then.

#136021 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

My mum had a 2.9 cosworth granada scorpio and they had the comfiest back seats in any car ive been in apart from luxury cars nowadays. Was quick for the day but they only 8.8 to 60 and 195hp but i still think of it and i was only a child then.

So true about the seats. The Granada Scorpio seats were like sofas 😂 I then had a Scorpio Cosworth (the bug eyed one that polarised opinions back then but was a bit ahead of its time) and that was a bit quicker than the Granada Cosworth but as you say nothing to write home about nowadays, but was a fast car back then! I had the Reccaro bucket seats in that one, so less sofa like 😂

#136022 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Hi WMC factory towbar was  £625.

#136025 Reply
    Speedy James

Hoping my identical car in dark grey will have some delivery news soon

#136026 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Honey Monster, that looks great. Congrats on what should be a fine choice. Will follow with interest any further reviews/updates you make.

I myself got a Focus ST Line X four months ago and although I think the Focus is a great wee car, I have committed the cardinal sin of not enough research to see if it really suits my mobility needs. A current relapse with my rheumatoid arthritis has confirmed I made the wrong choice of car. Something like the Kuga with a higher seat position and auto should have been my priority. Not sure if I would have the gall to ask Motability for a change after only four months.

Can I ask why you changed the Tarraco after 6 months?

On a lighter note, would you please confirm if the Kuga has a proper sounding horn? In all my days of driving I don’t think I have heard a more feeble sound from the Focus horn…like something from a mini in the 60’s lol

Cheers

#136028 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Hi WMC factory towbar was £625.

That’s really good value.

#136030 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Comfortablynumb. The Tarraco was in my wifes name. When she passed, they where unable to swap it from her PIP to my War Pension Mobility. So I had to go through the hassle of returning, ordering new vehicle. Of course the model Tarraco i had was no longer available. So that is why a six month old car was returned.

We changed one car at 10 months when my wifes  condition deteriorate. They where fantastic I think as long as not a habit, they wouldn’t have a problem. But a quick call and worst they can say is sorry no.

#136036 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

A few more pics. Protective mats in etc

#136042 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Honey Monster, that looks great. Congrats on what should be a fine choice. Will follow with interest any further reviews/updates you make. I myself got a Focus ST Line X four months ago and although I think the Focus is a great wee car, I have committed the cardinal sin of not enough research to see if it really suits my mobility needs. A current relapse with my rheumatoid arthritis has confirmed I made the wrong choice of car. Something like the Kuga with a higher seat position and auto should have been my priority. Not sure if I would have the gall to ask Motability for a change after only four months. Can I ask why you changed the Tarraco after 6 months? On a lighter note, would you please confirm if the Kuga has a proper sounding horn? In all my days of driving I don’t think I have heard a more feeble sound from the Focus horn…like something from a mini in the 60’s lol Cheers

I echo HoneyMonsters comments and would advise you to call Motability and explain your situation. Motability are excellent about things like this. We were mid way through a lease when my wife became concerned that her legs were weakening and I called Motability asking if she could be assessed for hand controls and , if deemed necessary, have them installed on our car. They were as good as gold and when my wife was tested and deemed to need hand controls they let us order a brand new car, even though we were happy to keep the existing one. Motability Operations make a sizeable profit on every single car leased and are sitting on millions of pounds of profits that in my view should be used in circumstances such as yours. We all make mistakes with car purchases but when you are struggling with disabilities you shouldn’t have to put up with it for 3 years. My only advice would be to lean more heavily on the fact that your condition has deteriorated and how that has affected your ability to access and drive the car, rather than you feel that you might have made a bad choice. Good luck.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Ford Kuga ST Line X Edition
Your information: