Ford explorer coming soon…

• Creator
    Topic
    robt44
    Participant

Hi, just thought this was interesting seeing a dedicated page for the Ford explorer ev on motability.

Hoping it’ll come soon at reasonable ap.  My dealer has no info yet?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Wouldn’t get your hopes up. That’s a generic search page on fords site. Been there since explorer was announced. As for the AP… well… unless they do an amazing deal I can see £5k+ at todays pricing

I like sitting outside RAF bases all day pretending to be a photogramapher

MFillingham
        Participant

At the big event in Exeter the Ford guys there were confident there would be a release around the 20th of this month giving APs on the new Explorer.  The guy I was talking to was also of the thought that the increase in Mach E prices was to allow the Explorer to fit in below without crossover between the two.

All that said, we all know there’s often a disconnect between what the dealers think and what eventually happens.  I would be surprised if a dealer was given a date for release without an idea of the AP range they were targeting.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
          I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

robt44
          Participant

I saw a video talking about how ford are behind on the zev mandate.  They reckon ford will have to give pretty good discounts on evs by the end of the year.

DisabledPaul
            Spectator

Unfortunately until its actually showing on the Motabilty system there is no guarantee it will come on

Just for point of clarification, the VW MEB platform that the Ford is borrowing to build this vehicle is what’s considered old technology now and currently being phased out by the VW group, with the latest platform being in the next release of the Skoda Enyaq do to be released early 2026.

Participant

Apparently it’s on their system.
                Not on Motability site yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I like sitting outside RAF bases all day pretending to be a photogramapher

Participant

Can’t help feeling that it already looks a little dated – perhaps because it’s been trailed for so long with the delayed launch.

New Renault Scenic and Peugeot e3008 look much better IMO (and lower AP’S)

Sean
                  Current car Hyundai Kona Ultimate EV

robt44
                  Participant

ap a bit disappointing when compared to Nissan ariya or id4. 

Also have ev3 and skoda elroq coming later this year I imagine

Can’t think it would go up anymore.  Hopefully could come down for q4. 

• This reply was modified 2 days, 16 hours ago by robt44.
                    MFillingham
                    Participant

There’s lots of positives to this car, plus a few negatives.  You need the advance pack to have HUD but it comes with all the bings and auto-corrections that annoy so many people.  The pack also adds powered tail to the standard version.

Seats and interior will be familiar to those that have looked at the Mach E, which is just as well as the prices (retail) aren’t vastly different.  Range is good, even if it doesn’t achieve what’s claimed – EV Database suggests between 190 and 390 depending upon temperature and where it’s driven.

The platform and design looks a little older than a 2024 EV I don’t think it’ll compare well with the EV3, Hyundai’s Inster, the Tavaskar, Renault’s Scenic or Peugeot’s e3008.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Brydo
                      Participant

It’s ticking a lot of boxes for me. I think i need to go see it in the metal.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                        Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Brydo
                        Participant

No V2L, thats a bummer.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                          Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.