For what purpose can they use my motability car?

• Creator
    Topic
    Wazza
    Participant

I always drive my motability car or am a passenger. I have never allowed the named drivers (my children) to drive the car without me. Main reason being it’s hard to get a similar replacement with a decent AP and for under 25 to drive.

Had to drive to deliver unwanted large household goods to a family member who lived in another city. These days I find it hard to drive or be a passenger on long journeys.

I know that the named drivers can only use the motability car if it’s for the purpose of the person who has the motability car.

The named driver can’t use it to see their mates etc etc etc

I was wondering if someone can answer the following? You can reply like 1. Yes. 2. No. Etc

1. If on the day I was to deliver the household goods to a family member that I couldn’t drive or be a passenger, can the named driver use the motability car on his own and deliver the goods?

2. I read this somewhere but forget the reply. If I was to go abroad can the named driver drop me off and go home?

3. What happens with park and greet or whatever it’s called service where you drop the car off at the airport and the staff drives the car to a so called secure carpark?

4. If my partner worked and provides for me can they use the motability car to travel to and from work? I know they can use it for shopping if it’s for my benefit.

Thanks in advance for any replies. It’s hard to get through to motability helpline I thought I ask her first

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

The answer to all four questions is ‘yes’, as long as the other person(s) driving are named drivers for your current car.

Adrian
        Participant

The answer to all four questions is ‘yes’, as long as the other person(s) driving are named drivers for your current car.

YES but in capital letters

"Come on BYD Seal!"
          Ellyr5
          Participant

with meet and greet where they drive your car to a parking space such as when you go to the airport the person taking your car to the parking space and returning it to you won’t be a named driver though?

Ioniq
            Participant

Wouldnt you be better emailing Motability with your statement and asking their advice?

I certainly would not risk losing the motability car because of advice by someone on an obscure forum, Facebook or Reddit…

Glos Guy
              Participant

with meet and greet where they drive your car to a parking space such as when you go to the airport the person taking your car to the parking space and returning it to you won’t be a named driver though?

They are covered under their own insurance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.