Fishing licence & firearms/shotgun certificate discount

• Creator
    Topic
  • #153297 Reply
    ajn

Has anyone applied for the above, and got a reduced price.

I think the fishing licence is straight forward, think might be slightly more difficult getting a firearms certificate the times we’re living in now.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #153314 Reply
    joss

Are you safe with a shot gun ajn LOL 🔫🔫🔫

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#153316 Reply
    ajn

Plenty of experience Joss, it’s just the gun club we used to attend has closed down…

Certificate holders could take along a visitor after vetting to hire out firearms, so money saved on cartridges, licences etc split between us with permission from the owner..

Unfortunately club and person are no more.

However before hand take a few lessons,(after a long while off) and get known with owner/manager at a different club somewhere, even if I’m restricted in my ability there’s always the social side to it and wouldn’t be able to over do it anyway..

I already have been in contact with a life long friend who got the required permission to sign my application.

Also used to work with someone who shot for GB  in the Olympic team.

Just wondered if there would be a reduction as there is for a fishing licence again it’s been a while with that too..

Mrs ajn has the same thought as you Joss too, just an idea at the moment.

You will notice no humour in this reply…

#153326 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

AJN There are no discounts on firearms licensing fees.

Current fees are here, https://basc.org.uk/basc-new-licensing-fees-effective/

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#153336 Reply
    ajn

@Phaedra, maybe that’s why I couldn’t find any after searching..

Thanks for the reply & time, maybe there should be though..👍

#153338 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

I’d settle for a decent service, my local force (Durham) are in the bottom 3 worst performing departments.

Currently blaming Covid and taking around 6 to 9 months for grants and renewals.  The two neighbouring forces (Cleveland and Northumbria) are doing them in 2 to 4 weeks!!.

#153339 Reply
    ajn

Wow 6-9 months, wouldn’t think it’s that popular would you tbh.

This COVID thing certainly have changed things but it’s also an excuse for failure too..

2-4 weeks that’s about right I would have thought..

#153399 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

AJN – Wish me luck, I have my club booked for a full days shooting on Otterburn MoD range tomorrow, forecast is wet to very wet indeed with added mud!.

So, after leaving here at 6am to get there for 8 I’ll be back home about 5 or 6pm, quick shower, stuff myself full of painkillers and off to bed for a couple of days to recover 🙂

#153401 Reply
    ajn

@phaedra, Well Done Best of Luck(and skill), hopefully you read this before you leave..

As for the pain thing no sympathy for you there, it’s worth every bit of it for me as the pain is there anyway some times it’s nice to annoy it enjoying yourself.

Enjoy the day, pace yourself, sorry the weather may not be onside (but you never know) it’s a great day out.

Thanks again..

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Fishing licence & firearms/shotgun certificate discount
Your information: