First payment

• Creator
    Topic
  • #119146 Reply
    Amberspy

I know you get PIP mobilty payments taken off every four weeks to pay the car

as a new customer I picked my car up on Monday there the 13th

my pip payment is due to me on 22 nd will I get four weeks payment taken off for car at this date yes

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #119157 Reply
    matt

I think it starts the day you pick the car up

#119161 Reply
    motanewbie
    Participant

I talked to someone today at Motability and they said no money is taken until you go to pick the car up.

Hope this helps. : )

#119162 Reply
    Amberspy

That’s great I will have only had car 9 days before payment due to me so not sure if they would take whole four weeks payment

#119165 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Pip is paid in advance so your first payment date would be the date your normal payment is due, after the date you enter your PIN number and collect the car.
    There’s no Separate charge for your 9 days.

#119170 Reply
    Amberspy

I actually thought pip is paid in arrears

maybe I’m wrong

#119173 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Payments will start to come to Motability Operations shortly after your agreement begins. Your benefits agency will be automatically notified that a new agreement has started after you have taken delivery.

Also the free road tax allowance it goes onto the Mb car as well.. So they need that as well to place your order so i doubt you’ll get a payment on the 22nd but you could.

As for pip mostly it’s in arrears, dla could of been both upto 1 week in advance 3 weeks in arrears, it depends and i guess if you was swapped from dla to pip it would be the same and at what point you actually made the claim in the month.

#119181 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

The payment you receive from pip into your bank account is in arrears but not the payment DWP pay Motability, DWP will start payments  around 7 days after you pick up the car.

#135129 Reply
    Nyasha

Hold on , I’m abit confused. I pick up my car Monday the 11th of January 2021 and my pip comes in on January 12th.  So would I miss a pay day or …

#139131 Reply
    Sarah Jones

Just been awarded pip for my son from 3 March just ordered our car we might be able to pick it up on the 3rd March but when would they take payment as due payment on the 24th but it’s only 3 weeks payment would we have to wait longer for the car ??

#139204 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

From the day you collect your car having accepted it and entered your pin the payment is diverted to motability. So your first payment will be the next payment it would have gone into your bank, if you collect the car on the 1st and your normal PIP payment is the 28th then your first payment would be the 28th.

You don`t pay for the car from your bank account, the motability section of PIP simply isnt paid, thats the way i understand it.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Stuart.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#139220 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

In my case, I received my car on 11th Sep but still received the mobility payment of PIP on 21st Sep (which was the 1st payment of my award). The 1st payment for the car wasn’t taken until my next due payment date of 19th Oct. Maybe 10 days between 11th-21st Sep wasn’t enough time for administration between Motability and DWP.

#139254 Reply
    Anonymous

I think it starts the day you pick the car up.

#143429 Reply
    Jenny Maskell

Pip is paid in arrears

#155413 Reply
    Natasha martin

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Im unsure of this also. I collected my car on Saturday 12th and I’m due a payment this Friday 18th so I’m unsure if I will get my mobility component or just my daily. Not that it matters. Thanks </p>

#155421 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Im unsure of this also. I collected my car on Saturday 12th and I’m due a payment this Friday 18th so I’m unsure if I will get my mobility component or just my daily. Not that it matters. Thanks </p>

This how it should work for you, I think, your last PIP payment was the 28th May so the payment in your bank on Friday the 18th will be about 3 weeks worth from 28/05/21 to 11/06/21 and from last Saturday 12/06/21 up to Friday 18/06/21 will be paid to Motability.

Your 4 weekly payment after the 18/06/21 will go to Motability until the day you return the car in 3 plus years time.

Just to add in, your daily care payment will still be paid to you as normal.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ChrisK. Reason: add info
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ChrisK.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: First payment
Your information: