Fine Scratches on Windscreen Kia Niro

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by joss.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #146257 Reply
    James Pond

Any ideas or advice on how to get rid of fine scratches on windscreen caused by bird poo ?

I cant clean my own screen ( walking sticks) and a good samaritan appeared out of nowhere with wet kitchen roll and started vigorously scrubbing at the poo. Normally i ask a friend to cover with a well soaked paper towel to soften it for a while and never scrub .. more gentle wipes

I did politely ask him to stop a couple of times but he carried on saying almost got it off. I did not get angry as he was only trying to help me out. I try to be philosophical in life.

Now due to street lights at night i see a whole lot of fine scratches directly in my eye line.

Is there anyway to buff out or get rid of them. ?

PS its not the 1st time this has happened with other cars but its never been this bad , Is the Niro screen not as resilient ?

Thanks as always
    JP

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146262 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

JP, I’ve used jewellers rouge in the past to get rid of wear lines left by windscreen wipers, but only because I had some.  You can get special glass polish but I would try toothpaste on a damp cloth rubbing in circles.

#146267 Reply
    joss

from auto glass: https://www.autoglass.ie/windscreen-scratch-removal-guide/

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Fine Scratches on Windscreen Kia Niro
Your information: