Finally sat in the new e3008

• Creator
    Topic
    des
    Participant

I was down south and just happened to pass a Peugeot dealer and thought I would pop in and low and behold there it was. I’ve been bursting to see this car in the flesh, I was disappointed 😞. I just got no wow feeling at all.

Maybe it was the horrible colour of dark grey which made nothing of the exterior stand out, maybe because it was the basic allure model which made nothing of the interior stand out, maybe because it looked and felt a lot smaller than what I expected, I don’t know. I just didn’t get any nice feelings about any of it.

I think maybe it’s because I still want the Enyaq but couldn’t live with that wee instrument cluster.

I hope the new quarter is great for everyone but bad for me so my head doesn’t get turned again.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Sorry to hear that des.

I have test drove top of range cars cars not on Motability and being somewhwat deflated when seeing the one I’d ordered on the day. I always go out of the way to look at the actual car I’m thinking of ordeing. This of course wa not possible for you but hopefully when you see the one you have ordered, it might just give you the wow factor!

Colour does make a car but, also a personal choice.

Where do you go from here! Are you waiting to see yours or the same trim in the flesh or cancelling?

des
        Participant

Cheers mate, I’m now feeling guilty lol. The colour really was bad tbh, yet there was a 308 in my colour which is the free one and it was just wow. It’s green then blue, I really liked that colour. It’s only an hour down the road so might take a wee spin down and have a better look.

The dealer was great tbh having know that I ordered from a different dealer he was happy to show me the car.

Bearing in mind the car is in the republic of Ireland so would have no bearing on him losing out on a sale, but he still went out of his way.  @pops have you seen the car yet as I believe you were looking a measurement from it?

I’m sticking with it, unless the new quarter throws up something.

Des, I’m still waiting to see and drive a demo. My local dealership have no idea when they will have an E3008 in the showroom. I ordered the car almost four months ago and the Motability rep had been told at the time he would have a demo vehicle available by the end of April, lol.

My current thoughts on the car are positive, and my only concern is the number of negative reviews about town (urban) ride comfort. A number of reviewers have said how firm the suspension is over bumps and uneven surfaces. Some other reviewers have responded to that criticism saying that they don’t think it’s a problem at all. That’s why I need to check it out for myself as I suffer from spinal nerve damage.

If it is similar to my current 3008 GT premium hybrid which is quite firm but acceptable then I will be okay with that, but as the E3008 GT is half a ton heavier due to the battery rack I need to check it out.

I personally love the visual appearance of the E3008. I’ve only seen it on YouTube videos but in the Obsession Blue colour that I’ve ordered it looks interesting and eye catching with the considerable shade changes that happen depending on the light. I also agree that the ‘Allure’ model lacks the ‘pop’ of the GT.

I’ve ordered the sensation pack and the full grain nappa leather AGR seats, so that adds a sunroof, Focal audio and electrically adjusted ventilated, massage, comfort seats. It should also lift the visual impact of the interior from the rather dark ‘Allure’ cabin. The ‘wrap around’ ambient light feature in the GT (which is very attractive imo), is missing from the Allure.

These are just my own thoughts and feelings about the car guys and your opinions (and needs) may well differ, but when I eventually get to drive an E3008 I will let you know whether my thoughts have changed.

des
            Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>My dealer has one in the showroom so went over and seen it. Massive difference to one in the showroom all shiny and a test drive car. It was a white hybrid allure so the colour made a massive difference. I really liked it but still no wow factor.</p>
              The front and rear are quite big looking in a nice way, not aggressive but just with a presence. I think I may have the same problem with this model as I did with the old 3008 I had. I found the seats a bit narrow and the bottom side bolsters a bit high and firm, in the old 3008 I ended up sitting on a big folded towel just to raise me up a bit. I another problem with the old one was the central console used to hurt my knee as it was hard plastic, the new one is padded which is a lot more comfortable.

They missed a trick in the boot I think as it’s just a box, in my Kona the boot is built around the wheel arches to give a little extra room, I would have liked it on the e3008. It also seems very high off the ground which I like  I think I know why there’s no wow, I ain’t to fussed on car exteriors tbh, for me it’s all about interior and as I couldn’t start any of the two cars I just couldn’t get excited. I think when I see the car on and all the interior lights and dash on I will get excited.

I had a few things to check most of which I forgot to do lol

I should have added that when the dealer checked her computer she said I have a completion date for 8th July so should have delivery in early August. I’ve never heard of completion date on here only build date, so no idea about it tbh

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by des.
              kezo
              Participant

Indeed all comes to life when you turn it on and the black space becomes illuminated.

des
                Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Something I just remembered about the e3008 after reading the Volvo thread. e3008 have heat pump as standard on GT trim in the Republic of Ireland but not in Northern Ireland 🤔 wouldn’t concern me but still a strange one.</p>

kezo
                  Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Something I just remembered about the e3008 after reading the Volvo thread. e3008 have heat pump as standard on GT trim in the Republic of Ireland but not in Northern Ireland 🤔 wouldn’t concern me but still a strange one.</p>

Heat pump is a £700 optional extra, not a standard feature (in the UK).

Participant

Each country the car is sold in gets to pick their own specification, so the RoI folks chose to add a heatpump to the top model, they may have left out something else, or just adjusted the price to suit.

For some reason, UK manufacturers staff who set the specification often leave out the heatpump saying we don’t need it. Personally I think it’s because their offices are in the South East, so they rarely experience any time at low temps, as opposed to Northern England /Scotland which often has temps in single digits at virtually any time of the year (today was 7 deg during my commute for example).

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Declan
                      Participant

Yeah, popped in to Belfast and saw it on Friday. I wasn’t overly wowwed either in the allure spec model in the showroom, but as you say, you need to see the dash all lit up and functioning to get a better feel of the interior. I was also surprised how tight the legroom was in the rear. Not a dealbreaker, but just surprised seeing the space behind my driver’s seat setting. I’m 6 ft 4 ins but can sit behind my seat in my current 3008. Not a chance in the new model. I have a timeslot booked for a test drive and once over of the GT later this week, so will have a better all round idea of how I feel about it.

des
                        Participant

I’ve been driving and ev for three years without a heat pump and enjoying it, so can’t really say I would need one. As most people say, it’s only good when it standard on your car as the vast majority would never recoup their money back if adding it themselves.

Declan is your test drive in the GT? Im presuming they have one coming in this week then. Also what other cars did you consider if any. I had an Enyaq sportline+ on order before cancelling when the pug came out.

Declan
                          Participant

Declan is your test drive in the GT? Im presuming they have one coming in this week then. Also what other cars did you consider if any. I had an Enyaq sportline+ on order before cancelling when the pug came out.

I’ve presuming it’s the GT. It’s in Portadown later this week. I’m in for a service in Maydown next week, coincidentally on the day that they have the e3008 test drives, so will avail of that time with the car too.

I test drove an Enyaq coupe towards the end of last year and loved the drive and the interior space, but didn’t like the small instrument cluster. Additionally, I felt that the design, already being out a couple of years was going to date quicker, so decided to wait for the new 3008. To be honest, I’m only 90% there on going all electric. I’m annoyed that our counterparts over the water are getting EV electricity rates about 3 times less than we are, due to our provider situation here. I might try to also test drive the hybrid, although I am feeling that the 1.2, 3 cylinder engine would struggle in that car and be fairly noisy. The wife is leaning on getting the E3008, so that might just tip it in it’s favour. I’d also like to have a look at the new Renault Scenic, Renault Rafale (hybrid) and even the Ford Explorer but they wont be in the showrooms for a little while yet and I’ve procrastinated long enough…. I’m making a decision and ordering this month.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Declan.

I’ve just come back from a test drive in an ‘E 3008 Allure spec”. I drove it unaccompanied, and went to my regular local haunts to replicate what I need from this car. My main concern (previously) from reading “critical reviews” was the firm suspension. It definitely can be both heard and felt over potholes and drain covers, but on balance it was acceptable for a car that weighs 2.1 tonnes.

The Allure spec seats are okay, but thinner and less supportive than the electric AGR comfort seats that I have added as an option, so I’m fairly confident that the ride won’t cause me problems.

I had a big problem with the manual seat adjustment of the Allure, as after a recent fall that left me with  very painful wrists I was unable to alter the seat position. The Motability guy did that for me but he struggled a bit and I had to get out of the car and then get back in before getting the right settings. The interior is dark as there is black headlining but the light grey fabric on the door, dash and central ‘cockpit’ lifts the tone nicely.

The light steering, and the heavy battery pack base give the E 3008 a surprising ability to corner like a go kart, and the powerful regenerative braking makes the car almost a ‘one pedal’ drive. It’s quiet and refined when you get onto a dual carriageway, and is an easy and relaxing car to drive.

I went to my local Waitrose to do some bay parking, and was surprised that the Allure I was driving had the  optional 4 camera ‘360’ vision and driver assist pack. I found it to be a very helpful addition when reversing, and reassuring when preparing to pull out of the bay. The speed monitoring part of the pack was intrusive to begin with but began to make more sense as I became used to it. Blind spot monitoring is also included in the pack as is assisted lane change (on the GT).

I would definitely recommend the GT trim over the Allure. I sat in a GT model in the showroom and the difference (although not huge) is apparent both visually and in some trim quality.

Finally, the three E 3008’s that have just arrived at the dealership are all ‘obsession blue’. In my opinion they look stunning, especially the GT with its contrasting black roof, black wheel arch extenders, black lower rear end panel, and extra chrome highlights.

These are just my own particular thoughts on the E 3008, measured against my own needs. You guys and girls will have your own needs and wishes but I would definitely recommend a test drive as the GT version of this car is currently on offer for an advanced payment of just £499,

Declan
                              Participant

I’ve just come back from a test drive in an ‘E 3008 Allure spec”. I drove it unaccompanied, and went to my regular local haunts to replicate what I need from this car. My main concern (previously) from reading “critical reviews” was the firm suspension. It definitely can be both heard and felt over potholes and drain covers, but on balance it was acceptable for a car that weighs 2.1 tonnes. The Allure spec seats are okay, but thinner and less supportive than the electric AGR comfort seats that I have added as an option, so I’m fairly confident that the ride won’t cause me problems. I had a big problem with the manual seat adjustment of the Allure, as after a recent fall that left me with very painful wrists I was unable to alter the seat position. The Motability guy did that for me but he struggled a bit and I had to get out of the car and then get back in before getting the right settings. The interior is dark as there is black headlining but the light grey fabric on the door, dash and central ‘cockpit’ lifts the tone nicely. The light steering, and the heavy battery pack base give the E 3008 a surprising ability to corner like a go kart, and the powerful regenerative braking makes the car almost a ‘one pedal’ drive. It’s quiet and refined when you get onto a dual carriageway, and is an easy and relaxing car to drive. I went to my local Waitrose to do some bay parking, and was surprised that the Allure I was driving had the optional 4 camera ‘360’ vision and driver assist pack. I found it to be a very helpful addition when reversing, and reassuring when preparing to pull out of the bay. The speed monitoring part of the pack was intrusive to begin with but began to make more sense as I became used to it. Blind spot monitoring is also included in the pack as is assisted lane change (on the GT). I would definitely recommend the GT trim over the Allure. I sat in a GT model in the showroom and the difference (although not huge) is apparent both visually and in some trim quality. Finally, the three E 3008’s that have just arrived at the dealership are all ‘obsession blue’. In my opinion they look stunning, especially the GT with its contrasting black roof, black wheel arch extenders, black lower rear end panel, and extra chrome highlights. These are just my own particular thoughts on the E 3008, measured against my own needs. You guys and girls will have your own needs and wishes but I would definitely recommend a test drive as the GT version of this car is currently on offer for an advanced payment of just £499,

Thanks for that. Very informative and useful.

des
                                Participant

Glad the test drive went well for as I know you took a gamble on it and if didn’t go well you’d at the back of a queue with a new order.

I’m pleased that I’ve finally sat in and driven the E 3008 des.

A couple of other thoughts spring to mind. It feels slightly smaller and darker inside than my current 2021 3008 GT, but this is probably down to the increase in size and visual impact of the very noticeable wrap around ‘cockpit’ design effect. There is considerably more ‘Tech’ than I’m used to so I will have to do my homework before becoming comfortable with it. The graphics are excellent though. The GT has superb ‘ambient lighting’ which transforms the interior and makes it appear larger and even luxurious when switched on (there was a GT in the showroom). The Allure which I drove does not, which makes it a lot less visually appealing imo.

My test drive yesterday was quite expensive, lol …. After using the driving and reversing aids (and other safety features) that were in the 360 vision and driver assist pack, I was convinced that my increasing lack of freedom of physical movement justified the addition expense of £600 for the GT (£700 on the Allure). If you have full mobility of neck, shoulders, upper back etc you may well not need this pack, but for me it will be money well spent.

So to sum up …. I found the E 3008 to be a very attractive car that was incredibly easy to drive. The Advance Payment of just £499 for the GT is excellent value for a car that retails at a fraction under £50,000.

However, for my own particular ‘needs and wishes’ list I have added the following.

AGR comfort seat pack with full grain Nappa ventilated leather, electrical front seats adjustment, pneumatic bolsters, thigh extension, massage etc. (£1600)

Sensation Pack with opening electric sunroof (with ambient lighting strips), and my ‘must have’ Focal hifi audio system which I currently have in my 2021 3008 GT. (£1200)

360 vision and driver assist pack. (£600)

Options are often regarded as “wasted” money on a leased car, but I feel that for me these options make the difference between ‘wanting’ to go out for a drive in the car rather than ‘having’ to, if you know what I mean.

Dichromatic obsession blue paint is a fusion of both blue and green on the colour spectrum.

I’ll delete these pics in a while to do my bit to save overloading the forum, lol, but I just thought the different colour shades were interesting as they changed minute by minute.

RJG6010
                                        Participant

Anyone have any updates on lead times? I ordered mine 1st week in May, and dealer said about 12 to 13 weeks. But if you configure on peugeot site it said expect Nov/Dec

My dealership hasn’t got any info on delivery dates. Manufacturers now seem to treat dealers as agents and don’t keep them in ‘the loop’ with production details. I was told yesterday that now demo vehicles were starting to arrive it should mean that customer vehicles for the UK will be built in the reasonably near future …. Make of that what you will, lol!

I wonder how many UK orders Peugeot have so far managed to secure when potential buyers have not even seen or been able to test drive an E 3008 yet? I’m guessing it won’t be a large number up until now.

RJG6010
                                            Participant

I noticed that my local dealer is “manufacture” owned and not independent. They are just about to move into a massive all in one stelansis garage in July, so will go back then and ask about my car. I’m away till 1st week in July anyway. I do a fair few miles a year anyway should putting more miles on my old car instead of a new one isn’t an issue for me

RJG6010
                                              Participant

Randomly and by chance we did see a gt spec in a garage in france in April, it was doing the press rounds, they let me sit in it and have good look around, I had just placed an order for an enyaq, but when we came home I canceled and ordered a gt. The interior is far superior than the skoda

des
                                                Participant

Thanks to Declans post I was able to see the e3008gt. Very happy with it. Still no wow but that maybe due to my mood at the minute.

The dealer was able to tell me that Peugeot has 40 orders for the e3008, I can only presume that he can see all the orders from other dealers in NI as I can’t see that dealer having 40 orders, also couldn’t say when you could expect it

Declan
                                                  Participant

After test driving both the E3008 and the 3008 hybrid yesterday, I ordered the E3008 in Ingaro blue. Delivery quoted as about 14 weeks.

Ingaro blue looks cool and sophisticated. Good choice.

des
                                                      Participant

Happy days

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.