Finally Picked Up The New Car! WOW wow WOW

• This topic has 49 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by rox.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #116142 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Actually picked it up late monday afternoon, but Straight after picking it up, I had to take my eldest daughter home and that’s like a 150 miles round trip mainly on motorway. All i can say is wow..

I’ve been rather busy and it took a while for me to get the pics on to the pc to post them here.

The flies got the a good killing. It drives like a dream and when you hit 4ooo revs the vtec kicks in and that’s very very addictive.

Any concerns i had about the cvt are gone, smashed it honda. Most of the time i use the adaptive cruise and the lane keep assist is awesome to have on such journeys, but the powers there if needed all 182 bhp, All from a 1.5l turbo..

Hopefully my sons looking down from the brightest star and smiling.. This ones for you son.. Might not be so practical to get into, but it’s even better than the one we talked about getting next, not long after i got the golf back in 2017.

My first ever car was a honda an accord, my m8s called it the beast. Not got any pics of it but here’s one very similar.

The Obsidian blue pearl is a new colour for the civic my20 the slight refresh has really taken the civics looks to another level. Very happy..

The rear of this car is like marmite, personally i h8 marmite but loving the new look over the 2019.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #116144 Reply
    Brydo

Looks fantastic rod, what shade of blue is it?

#116145 Reply
    Georgie

Nicey nice!  In my favourite shade of blue, too.  No problem with the back end in this case, as it balances the front end.

Happy Trails!

#116146 Reply
    Brydo

Rox pesky auto correct lol.

#116150 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Obsidian blue pearl

Ha ha that’s the problem with devices these days. it’s Obsidian blue pearl

#116151 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Nicey nice! In my favourite shade of blue, too. No problem with the back end in this case, as it balances the front end. Happy Trails!

I’m gonna hit some nice country roads soon so i can hear it roar instead of purr..

#116159 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

Looks really nice. The blue is awsome and those central twin exhaust look great.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#116162 Reply
    Tharg

Congrats, Rox. Very nice looking car. Your snaps make it look much better than all of Honda’s super sexy advert stuff. You pix show it for real and damn good looking! Shouldn’t you take it a little bit easy until run-in? I am with my Mini; 3 months old, 400 on clock, am searching for any excuse to get mileage up to 1000 so I can see what 2litres does in a machine weighing just a tad over a tonne.

#116166 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Congrats, Rox. Very nice looking car. Your snaps make it look much better than all of Honda’s super sexy advert stuff. You pix show it for real and damn good looking! Shouldn’t you take it a little bit easy until run-in? I am with my Mini; 3 months old, 400 on clock, am searching for any excuse to get mileage up to 1000 so I can see what 2litres does in a machine weighing just a tad over a tonne.

Thx yeah the advert has The red car

Is a blue sportsline vid about in the blue but was a dull wet day they shot it on… red is the standard colour it comes in though so at least honda honest..

It says nothing in the manual about waiting any mount of miles but it does say wait until engine has warmed up before driving spritely hehe… Oil temperature not the water temp.

7000rpm where the red starts as well… I was no where near there more like 5500.. Takes me back to my 205 gti days that used to say in the manual do not race until engine is warm..

I think most modern new cars the engines don’t need running in as such, in a way they did many years ago or after an engine rebuild.. Once they fullywarmed up they good to go, unless stated otherwise. Maybe you won’t get the best fuel ecomony till after so many miles maybe upto 5k on a diesel.

Brakes now they a different matter and i did not push it to much as yet till they bed in.. As stopping is the most important thing after all. May hit the dales this weekend.

#116167 Reply
    Gordon

@ Tharg

What sort of Mini do you have, I was thinking of ordering a Mini Countryman Cooper S classic. Id be interested to know what you think of yours, albeit I appreciate that you’ve not done very many miles yet.

#116168 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It must be a heavy car as a 0-60 time of 8.2s doesn’t seem right for a car with 182 BHP.

#116169 Reply
    Saintsman

Nice car Rox, we’ve got an Integra in the family so are familiar with older Honda’s.

And your correct, no need to run in engines any more, floor them from day one…..unless it’s a Lamborghini, as seen in the news recently.

#116178 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It must be a heavy car as a 0-60 time of 8.2s doesn’t seem right for a car with 182 BHP.

Curb Weight 1341 (kg) so is heavier than my golf was, that was about 1250kg but it seems a longer and wider car..

Is a vtec as well so thats gonna make the 0/62 mph slower imo, but higher up the rev range is where it gives it to you.. Vw only get 150 bhp from there 1.5 tsi and i was in a golf 1.6 tdi before getting the honda.

The golf had great torque but only 110 bhp the dsg maybe helps but the cvt ain’t as bad as i thought it would be far from it.. so smooth..

Some say it can do it faster than 8.2 secs and the top speed is limited due to the cvt but all in all I’m very impressed with it, overall as a car. all i wanna do is drive it more and more..

#116180 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Nice car Rox, we’ve got an Integra in the family so are familiar with older Honda’s. And your correct, no need to run in engines any more, floor them from day one…..unless it’s a Lamborghini, as seen in the news recently.

Yeah saw that, a grey one, more money than brains. Integra’s are pretty rare..

My first love was a honda allbeit a rust heap of a car and have driven a few honda’s in my many years of driving but never owned or leased one myself again till now.. My personal fav was the civic coupe one they did in mid 90’s with the 2.3 vtec.. That Car was awesome to drive.

Driving this car is similar to driving that only is better with all the modern electronics unless it’s a lambo. you see alot of them crashed.. Feels glued to the road..

#116181 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Beautiful car Rox. 👏👏</p>
    I absolutely love the rear end. ♥️
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>8.2 seconds with today’s weighty cars due to all of the tech is pretty good and plenty quick enough. And we all know the VTech’s have a great power band. Lovely.</p>

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#116182 Reply
    Tharg

Gordon – my Mini is a 3-door Cooper S hatchback. (The little quick one!). Very impressed and, as said, running in at moment. Don’t want to break any of its complex machinery. Launch control? Not yet, if ever. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in the Mini range from others in our Forum so I will be starting a new thread in the Off Topic bit rather than clog up other people’s threads with Mini stuff. See you there?

#116184 Reply
    DBtruth

Carwow usually do their own 0-60 test and they’re often a little bit quicker than the official times.

I’ve just watched a YouTube video of the civic 1.5 cvt and it managed 0-60 in 7.2 seconds which is a second quicker than the official time. That’s actually a pretty big difference

#116186 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Lovely car now have some fun, there is nothing like a brand new car.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#116190 Reply
    File28

Nice choice and it’s a bit like marmite like you say

But i love marmite

#116193 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

A 0-60 time of 7.2s seems about right.

I wanted to look at one but like you say it’s a marmite car. I like them but the wife hates them.

#116202 Reply
    rox
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Beautiful car Rox. 👏👏</p> I absolutely love the rear end. ♥️ <p style=”text-align: left;”>8.2 seconds with today’s weighty cars due to all of the tech is pretty good and plenty quick enough. And we all know the VTech’s have a great power band. Lovely.</p>

My missus even like’s this car and that says it all. she thinks the type R is ridiculus. I’d luve one but on in manual and i cannot do that no more..

It’s pretty well loaded with tech as standard although the higher spec sports model is no longer available in the uk, but that was abit slower due to the extra weight.. and when was on the scheme alot higher ap for not that much more really..

#116203 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Carwow usually do their own 0-60 test and they’re often a little bit quicker than the official times. I’ve just watched a YouTube video of the civic 1.5 cvt and it managed 0-60 in 7.2 seconds which is a second quicker than the official time. That’s actually a pretty big difference

Indeed sometimes it’s down to the conditions as well and in which mode you have it in etc..

The cvt was the one thing that concerned me about getting the car but actually it’s not an issue at all..

Alli can say say is it prob could not handle more power to it if you was looking to modify it. which i’m not.

#116204 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Lovely car now have some fun, there is nothing like a brand new car.

True especailly when it drives so good and brings out that big kid in you.. My last few cars have been more about logic in mind than with the heart and this time i thought, i’d go for it before we cannot get any ice car’s anymore and i cannot get in one so low. This was the only car i test drove as well..

Selfish i know but i got my reasons, My son loved cars and he never got to drive, so this ones for him.

#116205 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Nice choice and it’s a bit like marmite like you say But i love marmite

Totally, Sometimes hard choices have to be made, this time it was so easy for me it was the only contender..

I did look at others but after driving the honda i knew..

#116206 Reply
    rox
    Participant

A 0-60 time of 7.2s seems about right. I wanted to look at one but like you say it’s a marmite car. I like them but the wife hates them.

Maybe get her to go for a test drive my missus is no fan of sporty cars but liked this one, The one real downside is it is very low to get in to it.. but once you in all is good. plus the boot is a pretty decent size as well.. We still are a family of 4 and need enough room as well.

#116207 Reply
    DBtruth

I agree Rox, I wouldn’t want to modify it for more power either. 182bhp is more than enough for normal roads

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
Reply To: Finally Picked Up The New Car! WOW wow WOW
Your information: